What to do with a 2-mo-old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-14-2011, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my ds is 2 months old now and starting to spend more time awake. What should I be doing with him when he's awake? Is it enough that I carry/wear him all day and kind of narrate what I'm doing? I worry that by wearing him all day, I'm making him sleep too much. Thoughts?
#2 of 6 Old 06-14-2011, 09:53 AM

I wish I could remember where I read this, but I just came across something about games for that age. Apparently they really like textures--one game was just dropping a filmy scarf on them or letting them touch different textures. Also, dancing! I put my daughter in the Bjorn and dance around (although she does fall asleep).

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#3 of 6 Old 06-14-2011, 10:06 AM

From what I have read, just laying there and listening to sounds/ observing surroundings is enough stimulation for a newborn of that age. You do not want to overstimulate, as this will cause a lot of fussing/crying. I think just wearing the baby around is enough at this age. Maybe some soft singing, or humming, but thats about it. My babes are 4 months and all I do for stimulation  is they have just started to grab at things so they lay under the play mat, they get tired of that after 10 mins, and I carry them around and talk to them softly. Sometimes we go outside and just sit, and they watch the things, in silence.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#4 of 6 Old 06-14-2011, 10:13 AM
mra

How about letting her watch herself in the mirror? My LO loved seeing herself.

winner.jpg  cd.gif  femalesling.GIF  familybed1.gif

#5 of 6 Old 06-15-2011, 09:03 AM

Looking at a mobile, going for a walk outside, you can lay next to your LO and show a picture book, do something with eye tracking. That said I think there is nothing at all wrong with wearing. Not sure if there is a too much sleep for an eight week old.

DS 12/2010 bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif
#6 of 6 Old 06-15-2011, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I think babywearing is enough stimulation both mentally and physically. The baby can see everything you are doing and can feel your skin, hair, the carrier etc...  At around two months I wore both of my kids almost all day too. Sometimes I would tell them what i am doing, other times they'd just observe or listen to me singing along to the radio.

be good family...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page