First foods for your EBF'd baby - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 06-30-2011, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Tortellini noodle, banana, raw baby spinach... that was at 5.5 months.  Now he's 6.5 months and eats just about everything.  Sometimes its a puree (if it weren't for WIC, we wouldn't do them but they're supplied to us), sometimes its what we're eating, and sometimes its a little baby-only meal I put together.  This morning he started eating Cheerios.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#32 of 35 Old 07-01-2011, 12:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cereals and single grains are the first solid foods I fed my baby.

Around 7 months of age he can have teething biscuits, and between 8 and 9 months of age he can try pasta, rice, bread and mixed grain cereals.

#33 of 35 Old 07-03-2011, 09:06 AM

DD's first food was avocado slices at 7 months. She wasn't interested or showing enough readiness signs before then, so we just waited. We are doing BLW as well - she eats everything we offer her at this point (we just don't do grains or meats with her) but it took her a bit to warm up to food.

Erica
DD September 2010, m/c October 2009
#34 of 35 Old 07-06-2011, 11:57 AM

Our first food was rice cereal, then oatmeal. DD was not a fan. We introduced banana, then carrot, then sweet potato, then peas, then prunes... and it was all a blur of blenders and tupperware after that. She was 5 months old when we started. 

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#35 of 35 Old 07-06-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan73 View Post

I'm surprised to hear that other people are starting solids at four months. I thought it was six months AND sitting alone AND showing interest in food?
DS2's first food will likely be some kind of meat because (according to my LLL leader and a dietician who's a member of our group), it's really important that babies get some good sources of iron.
After that, I find a blend of some spoonfeeding and letting the babe explore with family tablefoods and soft chunks of banana or avocado works well for us.

Depends on your baby and pediatrician. My ped tried to talk me into starting solids  at 4 months, and I completely vetoed it. At 5 months, she was interested in food and appeared to be hungry even after nursings.  We started with cereals, but DD was not impressed... until I mashed a banana into her oatmeal. She grabbed the spoon from my hand and tried to feed herself! 

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page