Does EBF baby poop get thicker as they get older? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-20-2011, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
mra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm wondering whether EBF baby poop gets thicker as they get older? Julia will be six months soon. Once she reached about 4.5 months she normally pooped once a day. 

She hasn't had a full bowel movement in 5 days. Tonight she squeezed out a small, quarter size amount of poo but it was very thick, almost like peanut butter. She isn't straining or in pain. She has some stinky farts.

Is this normal as they get older?

winner.jpg  cd.gif  femalesling.GIF  familybed1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2011, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hmm...I think if I remember correctly they DO start spacing their poops out. DS went from having one a day to one every 3-5 days and they were normally gigantic! He often would squeeze out a little teaser (like you described) and then later that day or the next day, the humongous one would come. That littl e one was like opening the flood gates. And yeah, I think they did get creamier and stinkier as he got older. Boy, do I miss those EBF poops though...my LO's poops gross me out so much now that he's eating anything and everything! 

HTH! 

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

Old 06-23-2011, 10:04 PM

Sounds good to me! DS is 4 1/2 months old and as of about a week ago, he's pooping every two days - WAAYY stinkier gas and the consistency of his poops is thicker (and yes, creamier too, lol). I've read that babies get busy around 14-19 weeks - preparing for 2 major growth spurts, so they're eating more and burning more as well. I assumed that was the reason the poops were different. He's pees are much larger now too...

I don't think you need to worry, I wouldn't be surprised if the mother-of-all-poos is just around the corner! winky.gif

covert crunchy wife to guitar.gif & mama to DSbabyf.gif02/11. Dreaming of travelling the earth.gif as soon as we catch up on some sleeping.gif

Old 06-25-2011, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter
mra

Wow you were both right on the money! The day after posting she pooped a few huge poops. Thick and stinky! Luckily she did most of them on the potty. Gross!

winner.jpg  cd.gif  femalesling.GIF  familybed1.gif

User Tag List