Tiny bumps on 10 wk old's face...pics - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-05-2011, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

X posted in parenting and allergies...

What are they?? My 10 wk old has had them for just maybe a few weeks now. They are mostly on her cheeks and forehead but she also has some on her arms and legs, none on her torso. When they first appeared I thought they were heat rash, but yet they're not red. She does have the occasional heat rash spots because it's in the 90's here and I wear her a lot. Is it clogged sweat glands, baby acne, eczema or dry skin, an allergic reaction to something? Nothing has changed as far as what we use (detergent-Country Save with 2nd rinse on every single thing we wash in this house, soaps-Nature's Baby Organics, lotions-dermamed baby lotion and healing cream..) or what I've eaten, she is EBF and has shown no reactions to anything so far. I've included a few pics of it but I'm not sure you can see it that well in them. Anyone know what this is??

100_9488.JPG

100_9489.JPG

100_9490.JPG

Mama to three wonderful girls, H (9-2-04), A (8-23-07), and Q(4-24-11, our Easter baby). Married to D since (6-3-00).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-05-2011, 02:24 PM

I'm no dermatologist but both my boys had the same thing around that age.  It think it's milia or keratosis pilaris or just chalk it up to normal newborn skin.  It goes away.  It did with my boys...so I can't guarantee that is what it is and it will go away, but this is my guess.  I showed it to my derm at my appointment when DS2 was with me and he said it was just normal and not to worry.  Hope that helps...

Mama to two wonderful boys DS1 (May 2007) and DS2 (March 2011)      

bfinfant.gif    femalesling.GIF  familybed2.giflactivist.gif

#3 of 6 Old 07-05-2011, 04:11 PM

DD has thw same thing.  I asked the doctor about it and she said it was normal. 

Ryan 08-28-08  & Julianna 5-3-11
#4 of 6 Old 07-05-2011, 04:16 PM

All of my babies had that.  Honestly, Mama, I saw that pic and my very first thought was, "Oh, look at that sweet little newborn skin!"  Most babies get that, and often at this age it's something to do with mama's hormones, esp. if you are nursing.

What sweet little cheeks!

Happy Homesteading Homeschooling Homebirthing Beekeeping Dready (& a bit redneck even) Mama to 4 fab kids :  dd (23), dd (13), ds (11), dd (5)

#5 of 6 Old 07-06-2011, 11:35 AM

Mine's got it (also all over her scalp) and the pediatrician said it was sebborhea (sp?)--which doens't make a ton of sense because that's cradle cap, and this doesn't look scaly/flaky like cradle cap, but at any rate, he said it's harmless.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#6 of 6 Old 07-09-2011, 11:36 PM

My daughter had the same thing.  i agree with the other moms, perfectly normal. My suggestion and advise would be to only wash her face with a wet soft wash cloth.  Stay away from soap and lotion.  It will go away.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page