NOVEMBER 2010 Babies - Summer Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-18-2011, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all! 

I've been looking for this, but no one has started one.

Avalon is 7.5 months old now and her first two teeth seem to be coming up. She woke up a ton last night and wants to nurse a lot. I think we are a few weeks away from her first steps! She climbs stairs well and she can walk holding on to one of our hands (the vid is two hands that I took a few days ago.) I think she is almost 20lbs... She was 18ish lbs at her 6 month. 

She's finally started babbling..."ba ba ba" and DH was trying to teach her the sign for milk last night when I was brushing my teeth before bed and she said "Mama" in response. Was that her first word? I really don't know. She throws mini tantrums sometimes and clearly yells "MAMA" if I won't pick her up, but her crying used to sound like mamama sometimes, so.....

This morning I asked her where's daddy, where's doggy and she look right at both of them. Then she put my lanisoh tube in her mouth and I said "No eat" and she stopped and handed it to me (we've been working on "please give that to me")!!! It is like she has finally gotten to the point where she can get around and doesn't need to focus as much on that and she just up and decided to finally listen to what I am saying. Last month, we taught her how to throw a ball back and forth. She has no interest in clapping, playing pat a cake, etc.  

She barely eats food and bfing is painful because it is like her latched changed or something when the teeth started coming in. I hope it gets better. I've just been giving her big chunks of food to gnaw on, but I think I might do some purees with spoons because she wants to eat, she just can't figure out how to deal with soft food. She gets MAD when she can't figure it out. She was gnawing on a frozen banana yesterday day and it was easier for her to swallow it because it turned to wet mush.

Here is our vid for the month:

I wanna hear all the news and see cute pics of our November babes! ;)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-20-2011, 08:24 PM

Oh goodness, that Avalon sure does get around! :) She is not going to let anybody get ahead of her, is she?!

Josiah is so completely the opposite. He is still mostly content to sit with his basket of toys and watch the world go by. :) He is rolling both ways now, though, so he can get around a little bit that way. Mostly he tries to roll to reach the cats or dog, although he also has a strange fascination with the a/c floor vent. He'll roll onto it, then just lay there with this excited and perplexed look on his face while the cold air blows right in his face...silly baby! 

He is also quite the little philosopher. Every time we are out and about people want to talk with him ('cause he is just sooo darn cute!) and try to get him to smile and respond in some way. He occasionally smiles at certain people we know, but more often than not he just watches and listens and takes in every detail. I love to watch him when he is playing these days because it is easy to see that he is studying and thinking about everything.

At home he is more talkative, babbling and squawking and squealing while he plays with his toys. Tonight while I was giving him a bath, he saw one of the cats come in and peer over the edge of the tub. He thought that was so funny, especially when she kept coming back, that he got the giggles. I wish I'd had the camera...it was hilarious and priceless! Josiah does have quite the sense of humor. The other day I had the camera out, and he started making funny faces at me. I will try to attach that to the end of this post...it was sooo cute!

I can hardly believe it, but we have our 9 month check-up next week...I am starting to realize how quickly this baby is growing up! The big topic at this appnt. is going to be food allergies. We've still not had alot of progress with healing his eczema...it will get better, then get worse again...and I've gone back to more elimination in my diet. We also had some immediate reactions on his skin in the form of hives when he ate yogurt and some cereal containing wheat. So I'm pretty sure we're at least dealing with dairy and wheat allergies, as well as some other things. It's really discouraging and stressful some days because I start second-guessing everything I eat and everything I feed him. I know sometime we'll get it all figured out, but in the meantime, I have to remind myself to focus on the good things and not just the struggles.

IMG_6807.JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

Wife to my best friend partners.gif (8-7-04) and mama to my sweet Josiah James baby.gif (10-30-10)
#3 of 7 Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoncello View Post

Oh goodness, that Avalon sure does get around! :) She is not going to let anybody get ahead of her, is she?!

Josiah is so completely the opposite. He is still mostly content to sit with his basket of toys and watch the world go by. :) He is rolling both ways now, though, so he can get around a little bit that way. Mostly he tries to roll to reach the cats or dog, although he also has a strange fascination with the a/c floor vent. He'll roll onto it, then just lay there with this excited and perplexed look on his face while the cold air blows right in his face...silly baby! 

He is also quite the little philosopher. Every time we are out and about people want to talk with him ('cause he is just sooo darn cute!) and try to get him to smile and respond in some way. He occasionally smiles at certain people we know, but more often than not he just watches and listens and takes in every detail. I love to watch him when he is playing these days because it is easy to see that he is studying and thinking about everything.

At home he is more talkative, babbling and squawking and squealing while he plays with his toys. Tonight while I was giving him a bath, he saw one of the cats come in and peer over the edge of the tub. He thought that was so funny, especially when she kept coming back, that he got the giggles. I wish I'd had the camera...it was hilarious and priceless! Josiah does have quite the sense of humor. The other day I had the camera out, and he started making funny faces at me. I will try to attach that to the end of this post...it was sooo cute!

I can hardly believe it, but we have our 9 month check-up next week...I am starting to realize how quickly this baby is growing up! The big topic at this appnt. is going to be food allergies. We've still not had alot of progress with healing his eczema...it will get better, then get worse again...and I've gone back to more elimination in my diet. We also had some immediate reactions on his skin in the form of hives when he ate yogurt and some cereal containing wheat. So I'm pretty sure we're at least dealing with dairy and wheat allergies, as well as some other things. It's really discouraging and stressful some days because I start second-guessing everything I eat and everything I feed him. I know sometime we'll get it all figured out, but in the meantime, I have to remind myself to focus on the good things and not just the struggles.

IMG_6807.JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

Oh my gosh, he is SO CUTE! He sounds like a doll, too. I think Avalon just has a way intense personality. I hear I was much more laid back as a baby and took my jolly time rolling over. I was happy to hang out playing with toys! 

We also have food allergies. Avalon had colic and it stopped when I got rid of all dairy (casein, everything) from my diet and then all soy. I now eat soy on occasion, but I can't eat dairy. She breaks out in a rash. We are experimenting with gluten free right now because we have some celiac disease in my family. I definitely think there is something food related with eczema. Avalon had horrible rashy looking skin before I got rid of all dairy and it was slowly spreading all over her body before I stopped. I didn't really miss dairy once I got rid of it. Silk Coconut milk is really great and Earth Balance has a soy free spread to replace butter. We recently got some raw goat cheese from our farmer and we are trying it out to see if it works ok. 

#4 of 7 Old 07-25-2011, 10:48 PM

Oh my goodness where does time go?? Thank goodness for the facebook group to keep us all up to date! I'm glad to see that there is a summer thread here too. Caliope, my son had horrible colic that ended too when I eliminated soy, dairy, and wheat. It was such a distressing time! After the colic ended he was still a very high needs super busy child-very active too. Never sat still and incredibly intense, meeting all milestones very early. I think the discomfort of colic results in a baby that is always trying to distract itself. KWIM? So when the colic is over they still need that stimulation. Does that make sense???

Lemoncello-Josiah is so sweet!!!! Looks like a real character!!!!

As for us we are doing great!!! Evie was not a colicky baby and I can't begin to describe how awesome it has been-so different!!!!! Ever since she started crawling she has had MAJOR separation anxiety. She is well over 22 lbs now, a very chunky girl!!! She is cruising now, takes steps when we hold her hands, and is SUCH a talker! She started signing for milk at 6.5 months, and said Mama for the first time too. She calls my husband Dada and her newest word is "up" when she stands up or when I pick her up. Funny enough, that was my son's first word (other than mama and dada)!.

Parenting 2 has been much easier than I thought it would be-my son is super intense and Evie is really calm, so I think they balance each other nicely. I hope that you are all having a great summer:)

Mama to one little lion sleepytime.gifand a baby cub born at home stillheart.gif
homeschool.gif, lactivist.gif, novaxnocirc.gif,fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIF, familybed2.gif,
#5 of 7 Old 07-26-2011, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I think most of us keep up on facebook, but I haven't been on here much. They are so cute!

Lemoncello-I so feel your pain with allergies. It was the same with my last two, but Molly's allergies seem resolved. Molly is 8.5 months now. She says Mama, Dada, Cat, Dog, and signs for milk. She's been walking along things for about a month and is WAY too fast at getting around. She also has separation anxiety, though she's very independent and likes to be on her own with me in sight.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#6 of 7 Old 07-28-2011, 02:44 PM

Facebook forum?  How do I sign up?  My little Lillian was born 12 Nov 2010 and I would love to connect with some other Nov mamas!

#7 of 7 Old 03-10-2013, 05:35 PM

How can I join a group For November 2010 babies? greensad.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page