February 2011 babies... how is everyone doing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-02-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Granted, DD was born in January but she came a week early. ;) How are those Feb babies doing?

DD just outgrew her infant seat! Time is flying! She's now sitting unassisted and had her first bites of applesauce which she actually liked (she's 6 months now). She loves her brother and they play together wonderfully! And something most be wrong about baby sizes in the USA because they are never right - DD has been wearing 9m clothes for a while now, and she's only in the 50th for weight and 60th for height! ;)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2011, 08:42 PM

haha Tom Tom has been in 6-9 month clothes since 4 months and now is starting to grow out of them. I figure they are always one size ahead of what the clothing "should" fit at. Hes long and skinny though (has been since birth, my longest baby but my lightest weight) so it is either long enough for him or its small enough around the waist/neck for him. I haven't found an outfit that fits both waist/neck and length. I shouldn't be surprised though, my 2 year old can fit into 6/9 month waist but needs 3T length. Im very grateful I know how to sew.

Today he said mama but I don't think it was intentional. It made my oldest's day since she was insisting he was calling for me.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
Old 08-03-2011, 03:36 AM

I agree on the clothing sizes! DD just had her first few bites of rice cereal. She sits up unassisted for a few seconds-- and I'm guessing she will be on her own soon! She and her two yo Sis get along well and make each other smile a lot.

We have lots if drool here; I suspect teething. She doesn't like to be put down for very long unless she is propped up. My dd1 was the same when teething. So I've been extra thankful for babywearing lately.

I'm still getting used to her sleep patterns. She was waking up a lot at night and now has been waking at one am and five. I love it! I'm not sure what changed things. I know I prayed to God about it and it suddenly got better. I'm not asking questions, just enjoying the rest- although im oddly still tired. Must be the fate of having two littles under three yo-- tiring but fun! Her naps are inconsistent as she doesn't make it through a 30 minute sleep cycle. There is a lot of noise in a house with a two yo who has given up her nap, so we are doing the best we can. Anyone else have a cat-napper?

Can't wait to see more posts and see how all the babes are doing!

Also I'm wondering, how's everyone doing with managing time? Yesterday I was feeling a but guilty and overwhelmed about being way behind in housework and the lawn. I would love to hear how everyone e else squeezes it in smile.gif

Old 08-03-2011, 11:17 AM

Hello!

DS is going to be 6 mos next week.. I can't believe how fast time has flown! He has one tooth that broke through already and another waiting in the wings. Lol about sizes... he wears 9-12 mos. I have a bunch of stuff already for the coming fall/winter mostly in 12-18 mos that I sure hope he can fit! Everybody tells me they slow down their weight gain. He can't really crawl but he scoots when he's on his back. I think he desperately wants to crawl but hasn't figured out the leg/arm coordination yet. He can sit on his own. 

We haven't started any solids yet. I say it's bc I want to wait till he's 6 mos officially, but really it's because *I* am not ready! Did anyone else feel this way? I was thinking of blendering some of my milk with fruits and veggies and putting it in a sippy cup (he takes that, but never wanted the bottle). Anyone try that? 

His sleep got real wonky when that tooth came in. He's a total cat napper. We co-sleep so the whole not sleeping through the night isn't really a concern bc he can self serve when he wakes up lol. One thing that really changed is that lately he is able to fall asleep without my nipple in his mouth. It doesn't happen often, but more frequently than it used to.

Uh time management... I'm all about lowering expectations! I try to keep things organized and minimal (the less stuff you have the less you you clean). I have a daily schedule that keeps me on track. For example today, Wednesday is "office" day. I do *at least* one thing to tidy up the office and take care of any bills or bank deposits. Oh that reminds me... I should go take care of that ROTFLMAO.gif

hijab.gif Learning to... sewmachine.gif andphotosmile2.gif with mybabyf.gifby my side!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:01 PM

been trying to offer DD food, we have tried banana, sweet potato, white potato, peaches, and fish, all pretty much rejected!

Old 08-03-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Time... Well some days I feel so empowered and I clean the house, do laundry and go shopping and play all day with the kdis but most days I'm happy as long as everyone is fed, played with and happy... DD wakes up about 3-4 times at night to nurse and sometimes the lack of sleep is really getting to me. I think she's moving towards 2 instead of 3 naps. She's been putting her hands and toys an awful lot in her mouth but I cannot see teeth yet...

And oopsie for her measurements - we had her checkup and she's actually in the 92nd percentile for length... Hahaha. Well so much for measuring at home... ;) My DS was always in the 99th for both weight and length, so he just wore a couple of sizes ahead (he slowed in weight gain at 12 months, he's 3 soon and only gained 6lbs in 2 years, but grew in length like crazy).

User Tag List