Problems Sunning Cloth Diaper - clothes line/pins problems...What do you do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-20-2011, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

How do you sun your diapers. I have a clothes line. It runs from tree to tree in out yard...I am thinking this might be the problem. My line/pins ALWAYS HAVE SPIDERS ON THEM. I am in Missouri, they are little bitty white/clear spiders that make a web. I just can't handle it. I love to get my dipe out in the summer while I can, but I can't handle the spider thing.

What is your set up? Do you have spider problems? What can I do?

Thanks ladies!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 08-20-2011, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no spider problems but i don't have a clothes line anymore. i either put my clothes drying rack outside or i lay the dipes flat on my outside table. hm...now that i'm thinking about, a large blanket on the grass would probably hold more.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#3 of 5 Old 08-20-2011, 01:54 PM

Is it just the pins & line that get the spiders, or do you get them on the diapers as well?

If it's just the lines & pins, I would keep my pins in a container when not used and maybe even bring the container inside. I would wipe down the line every time I'm about to use it. Or if you don't want to hurt the spiders you could make the line shake and hopefully they will move. I think if you do this and use the line often, they will start to realize it's not a good habitat for them.

Just realized, you could also regularly spray your line (and maybe even your pins) with all-natural bug repellent, like some Burt's Bees or something. Some of it might get on your diapers, and then on your baby.

Hi-5 on the sunning of diapers! It's the best bleach for poo-stained diapers! Works like a charm.

thumb.gif

#4 of 5 Old 08-20-2011, 02:06 PM

hang.gif

just had to add this, lol

#5 of 5 Old 08-28-2011, 03:11 PM

I use this rack indoors and out; love it!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50095091

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page