Up for 2 hours in the middle of the night. EVERY night - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would have blamed this on a milestone or something but it has been a full month of DS2 doing this. He is 4.5 months. Every night he is up starting anywhere from 1-4am and will stay up for about 2 hours giggling, rolling around, fussing, talking, etc. He still gets up early for the day around 6 or 7am and is totally exhausted for an hour or so until he passes out for a long morning nap. If the two hour thing is earlier in the night, he will still wake every two hours afterward to eat.

He is otherwise a great sleeper- can do 8 hr stretches (DS1 didn't do this until he was 1.5 yrs) but I never get more than 5 broken hours each night because of this 2 hour festival. He even wakes up DS1 and DH which makes for a crabby household the next day. I never turn on lights or talk, keep sound and stimulation to a minimum, try burping him extra (sometimes it is spit up that keeps him awake). Nothing seems to help. I rock, bounce, shush, pat, and ignore but it takes two hours every night. Yeah, I know he will grow out of it since I lived through DS1 waking every hour for over a year, but this is still miserable.

Help!

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son did this at the same age, and then, suddenly, just...stopped. I think you're doing all the right things, but I know it's no fun. Hang in there, mama!

Mama to Silas Anansi, born 9/9/10 and Petra Eadaion, born 10/1/12.

User Tag List