Restless and exhausted baby just can't sleep or stay asleep - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 72 Old 06-14-2014, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dot to dot, I'm a mom of six...this isn't my first rodeo, but this is my first restless baby they nothing helps. I've tried everything you did, and then some...craniosacral, chiro, essential oils, sounds machines, grounding mat, Camilia, hylands, every positioner, wrap, swing, swaddle and sling you can buy...nothing helps for more than a night. He's almost a year..please pm me. Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 72 Old 06-17-2014, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Help. Our daughter just turned 4 months old and is the exact same way. It started 2 weeks ago. Any advice would help greatly! Please message me! I
#63 of 72 Old 06-17-2014, 07:57 AM

Help our daughter just turned 4 months old and is the exact same way. Please message me!
#64 of 72 Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 PM

Dot to dot can you help me as well. I have a 7 mo old with similar issues and I am in desperate need of sleep as is he.
#65 of 72 Old 07-02-2014, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot-to-Dot View Post
Just PM'd you.    My kids are both in bed and quietly drifting off to sleep and it's 6:30 pm.  I definitely would be happy to share how I did it.
Hi dot to dot please can you share how you did, my baba is 3 months old and is waking at 2 am every half an hour.
#66 of 72 Old 07-13-2014, 10:42 AM

Dot to Dot,

Can you help me too? My 4 month old is having the same troubles as the other babies I've been reading about in this thread. Up until this point, I've felt like a capable, patient mother, but the less sleep I get and the more I try and fail to help my little boy fall asleep and stay that way, the more disheartened I get. We've "only" been having trouble for just over 2 weeks now, but it's felt like an eternity and I can't imagine this dragging on for weeks longer!
#67 of 72 Old 07-14-2014, 11:23 AM

Dot to Dot,

can you help me out too? we are going thru a similar situation and tried countless amounts of swaddles, sleepers, positions etc etc to no avail. could definitely use some advice!!

thank you
#68 of 72 Old 07-23-2014, 09:48 AM

Hello,

I realize your post is several years old but I am just curious if you found anything that worked or if you had to wait for your baby to outgrow his restlessness? My little one is a little over 4 months and sleeps very restlessly. She kicks and coos (in her sleep) throughout the night. I am kind of at my wits end and not getting much sleep since she sleeps in my room:/ I know she isn't well rested as she is cranky throughout the day. I have considered moving her to her own room but I am not ready yet. A little background, she was diagnosed with reflux at 1 month but the medications never really helped and she seems to be outgrowing it. She is possibly teething but has always slept restlessly. She use to sleep reasonably well when we swaddled her but hates it now and breaks out of it in 2 minutes. What is your child's disposition like now? I worry she will be hyperactive since she is so restless. Any advice would be much appreciated:-) Thanks in advance!
#69 of 72 Old 07-30-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleasmommy View Post
Hello,

I realize your post is several years old but I am just curious if you found anything that worked or if you had to wait for your baby to outgrow his restlessness? My little one is a little over 4 months and sleeps very restlessly. She kicks and coos (in her sleep) throughout the night. I am kind of at my wits end and not getting much sleep since she sleeps in my room:/ I know she isn't well rested as she is cranky throughout the day. I have considered moving her to her own room but I am not ready yet. A little background, she was diagnosed with reflux at 1 month but the medications never really helped and she seems to be outgrowing it. She is possibly teething but has always slept restlessly. She use to sleep reasonably well when we swaddled her but hates it now and breaks out of it in 2 minutes. What is your child's disposition like now? I worry she will be hyperactive since she is so restless. Any advice would be much appreciated:-) Thanks in advance!
Sorry to hear that your baby has reflux and is not sleeping well. My son had to be on medications for over a year for his reflux to go away. Try raising head side of his mattress by layering something underneath it, so that his head level is higher than the rest of the body. See if this helps with reflux and general sleep pattern.

My trick for my son to nap longer was to walk outside and once asleep bring him inside with his snowsuit on and have him sleep with windows open. I guess it worked because he was cozy in a tight snowsuit. He is a winter baby, so that worked in the winter. But when it became warmer we used Sleepy Wings jacket. It not only helped him nap longer, but he finally slept through the night. What I like about it is that it's not a swaddle, but acts like one. My son likes to sleep with his arms up, so this was a perfect solution. They sell it on Amazon, but I found it on novababywear.com for cheaper price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sleepy Wings.jpg (21.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Sleepy Wings Summer.jpg (170.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Sleepy Wings in Car Seat.jpg (73.8 KB, 1 views)
#70 of 72 Old 08-05-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot-to-Dot View Post
Just PM'd you.    My kids are both in bed and quietly drifting off to sleep and it's 6:30 pm.  I definitely would be happy to share how I did it.
Hi dot-to-dot
I would be so grateful if you could let me know how you resolved this problem. My little girl is 8 months old has been like this since about 3 months I think. I am utterly exhausted & never get more than 4 hours sleep. The problem is exactly as you described. I've been off dairy for a couple of weeks now but haven't noticed much improvement .
Thanks!
#71 of 72 Old 08-11-2014, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by First time mommy love View Post
Help. Our daughter just turned 4 months old and is the exact same way. It started 2 weeks ago. Any advice would help greatly! Please message me! I
Babies go through big changes around four months of age. They babble more, put their hands to their mouth and begin to want to roll. This can influence sleep. Some parents feel like all the practice they have done trying to help their baby sleep has all gone out the window.
There are some strategies you can try such as continuing to swaddle and also to know that sometimes little ones start to wake more at night at this age than they may have at three months.
Keep going and if I can help you further, please let me know.
#72 of 72 Old Today, 05:17 PM

Just wondering whether anyone has any success stories with these problems in their babies? My son is just over 3 months old and sounds very much like this, the restlessness has only just started in the past few weeks.
My daughter (now 2.5 years) was a terrible sleeper from day 1 so you can imagine my relief when my newborn son slept for 2 hours per nap and went for 4-5 hours at night without waking for a feed. Since the 2 week mark things have declined steadily, he started catnapping in the day for about 30 minutes at a time but would still sleep well at night and even settle himself. I figured out he had a bit of silent reflux and took all the necessary steps to help him (other than medication), however it didn't seem to improve his sleeping habits.
More recently though it takes quite a lot of settling to get him to sleep, he wears an arms up style swaddle suit but his little legs and arms are going at a million miles an hour, two nights ago it took me nearly 1.5 hours to get him to sleep and then he woke up 5 minutes later. He has also been really restless overnight, waking at least 3 times before 7am and wanting to breastfeed to sleep. He is also a big baby (85th percentile) and feeds frequently during the day so I doubt he is actually hungry.
I was thinking it was wind pain at first, or teething pain, even restless legs syndrome.... but came across this thread and it really resonated with me so wanted to check whether any of the other mums who've gone through this have any advice?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page