Fluff thread: The Naked Baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-14-2011, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay -- no one I know IRL has this phenomenon, so I'm just wondering whether mine is the only Amazing Naked Baby.  Here's the deal: my baby hates clothes.  Has since he was about 6 weeks old.  He's 4 months old now, and it's become only more entrenched.  Cranky?  Just take off his clothes.  He's happy.  He wails when you put them on, giggles and laughs when they're coming off.  On a few occasions, he's wailed for hours completely inconcolably... only to stop and start giggling when we finally stripped him down to make sure he didn't have a hair tournoquet or something.  We've tried different detergents, there's never been a rash, the clothes fit, I've gone through all of them with a magnifying glass to look for something poking him... nothing.  I think he just hates clothes.

I'm okay with this on some level, I just wish I knew someone else had this going on so we could laugh about it together.

Anka

hippie.gifwife to DH, new mom to babyboy.gif 7/4/2011.  femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif BFPChart2.gif cd.gif knit.gif

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have followed me.  They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln. 

#2 of 4 Old 11-15-2011, 08:12 AM

My baby loves to be naked! She knows how to take her diaper cover off and if given a chance rips it right off and crawls away.

#3 of 4 Old 11-15-2011, 10:09 AM

My DS has always hated clothing. When I put a shirt on him, he tugs at it so fiercely he tends to knock himself over, and he drags himself around the house by his own collar. Sometimes he reminds me of that scene in Fight Club when the main character beat himself up. It's kind of hilarious. I only make him dress when we go out now. He'll fight it at first, but once we walk out the door, I guess he realizes the battle is lost and he stops. The moment we walk back in the door, he turns into Tyler Durden again.

#4 of 4 Old 11-15-2011, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, too funny!  I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I'll have to keep an eye out for diaper removal.  He likes having his diaper off when he's naked, and right now he's not all that mobile so I put him on a play mat with a diaper under him and let him go to town.  Not sure what we're going to do once he's off and running!

Anka

hippie.gifwife to DH, new mom to babyboy.gif 7/4/2011.  femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif BFPChart2.gif cd.gif knit.gif

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have followed me.  They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page