Quick! Fill in the blanks! Real sleep feedback, please! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 12-10-2011, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My baby is two and a half months old. He sleeps in my bed, my arms, his vibrating/rocker chair. He goes to bed around 11pm or midnight (with me) and wakes up around 6-8am, but then goes back to sleep after nursing until at least 10am (which is when I get things done). He wakes up about zero times during the night. When he wakes up, I hold him, change him, and/or nurse him to calm him down and get him back to sleep. My partner helps with this... never, because I don't have a partner.

Moo.

#32 of 41 Old 12-10-2011, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This might no longer be accurate next week :)

My baby is 5 months old. She sleeps in my bed, or in the bassinet and then my bed. She goes to be around 8 and wakes up around 7. She wakes up about 2 times during the night. When she wakes up, I potty/nurse to calm her down and get her back to sleep. My partner sometimes bounces her to sleep but I usually do all the night time parenting.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#33 of 41 Old 12-11-2011, 02:31 PM

My baby is 11 months old. S/he sleeps in  our bed. S/he goes to be around 8:30-9:30pm and wakes up around 7-7:30am. S/he wakes up about 4-6 times during the night (with the odd 10+ wakings for fun as well!). When s/he wakes up, I nurse him to go back to sleep. My partner doesn't help with this - it's just easier for me to deal with since I can nurse him back reasonably quickly!

#34 of 41 Old 01-02-2012, 07:36 PM

My baby is3 weeks old. S/he sleeps in our bed. She goes to be around 11 pm and wakes up around 7am . S/he wakes up about 4 times during the night. When s/he wakes up, I nurse her to calm her down and get him/ her back to sleep. My partner doesnt help with this..

-The Craftaholic
http://www.thecraftaholic.com

--------------------------------------------------------
“Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.”
Jalal ad-Din Rumi

#35 of 41 Old 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My baby is 3 weeks old. S/he sleeps in a little pod-like bassinet thingie next to our bed. Regardless of when we go to bed, she goes to sleep around 2AM - 4AM and wakes up around noon - 2PM. S/he wakes up about 3 - 4 times during the night time she will actually sleep. When she wakes up, I nurse to calm her down and get her back to sleep. My partner helps with this by rubbing my back while I nurse, filling my water for me, or offering to change her diaper when he's awake. I expect this to change on weeknights as it's his first day back to work tomorrow.

Sorry I had to edit so much! If I put in from the time I start trying to get her to sleep, the number of wakings/feedings would jump to 12 or more. She's a little mixed up about night & day. DH's alarm for work goes off at 4:30AM, and I'll be getting up at 7:30 to get the big kids ready for school... so it's going to be rough until she gets her schedule straightened out. 

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#36 of 41 Old 01-02-2012, 09:56 PM

My baby is 11.5 months old. He sleeps on his floor bed until we are ready for bed, then we bedshare. He goes to be around 8/9 and wakes up around 7:30 on the dot every day. He wakes up about 1-2 times during the night. When he wakes up, I nurse or rub his ear to calm him down and get him back to sleep. My partner helps with this by making sure there is always a carafe of water and clean glass by the bed, spooning me for support so I can lean against him and rest while nursing, and sometimes just being half awake with us and reminding me how grateful he is that I continue to nurse on demand, especially since it is so demanding!

#37 of 41 Old 01-05-2012, 08:47 PM

My baby is __11___ months old. She sleeps in a crib to start and then in bed with me after her first wake-up__. She goes to bed around _9:30p__ and wakes up around _8:00 or 9:00a___. S/he wakes up about _3 (starting at around 4)__ times during the night. She used to wake up ten times or more starting around 1am, so for those of you in that boat, hang in there! It does get better. When she wakes up, I __nurse and snuggle her (side-lying)_____ to calm her down and get her back to sleep. My partner helps with this occasionally (and he didn't start helping until she was around 8 months old, at which point something just clicked for him).  He helps me get her from the bed to the crib sometimes at night if I feel like her love for my breast is keeping the two of us up.  He also takes her for her first awake period on either Saturday or Sunday, so once a week they have alone bonding time while I sleep until 10:45.  I highly recommend this (and he has actually been doing this since the very beginning)!  The sleep I get when I'm not somehow listening for Mira is just so deep and restorative. I can usually sleep through her first daytime nursing session, and then take part of her nap with her, allowing me to sleep until around 11:30 once a week.

#38 of 41 Old 01-06-2012, 03:54 PM

5 months, sleeps with me, wakes every 2 hours to eat (4 times), sleeps 6pm-5am, get no help...

#39 of 41 Old 01-07-2012, 08:59 AM

My baby is 15wks tomorrow.  He sleeps in a bassinet next to my mother's bed (I work nights) or in my arms/bed when I'm home.  He goes to bed around 8 or 9pm and wakes up around 6am.  He wakes up once a night around 1am.  When he wakes up, either my mother or I will give him a bottle and burp him.  If she's doing it he goes right back to sleep but when I do it he tends to try to stay up to play or talk or cuddle.  My partner doesn't help at all because he left when I was pregnant. 

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

#40 of 41 Old 01-07-2012, 10:22 AM

My baby is 3 1/2 months old. She sleeps in her Sears co-sleeper for naps, and with my husband and I for the nightSometimes, if she is having a bad day, we have her take her naps in her swing, so she doesn't wind up completely sleep-deprived and loaded for bear. She goes to bed around 8pm and wakes up around 8am.  I'd tried to get her up at 7am, and realized this was why we had been struggling the past few days. She wakes up about 2 times during the night to eat, once when I come to bed at about midnight, and once when I get out of bed around 7am. When s/he wakes up, I nurse to calm her down and get her back to sleep. My partner helps with this by burping her for me if he happens to be home.  He's usually not home.  I wanted to note that she doesn't usually wake up upset, she wakes up hungry.  It's just the two overnight feedings - she is not in the habit of squirming and pounding her fists against my breasts until I pull my sports bra up.  I help her latch and go back to sleep.  At some point she's done and goes back to sleep.  Then I wake up with cold breasts later one.  Heh.

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#41 of 41 Old 01-17-2012, 12:45 PM

I know this thread is on the old side, but I really enjoyed reading everyone's responses and wanted to add my own. It's helpful to know there is no one way to sleep!

My baby is 8 weeks old.  She sleeps in an arm's reach cosleeper on DH's side of the bed.  She goes to bed around 10pm and wakes up around 6am - 7am.  She wakes up usually once a night between 2 - 4 am (slept through the night only one time. Sometimes she wakes twice a night, but not very often lately).  When she wakes up, she is hungry and wet (rarely crying). DH changes her diaper, and gives her to me to nurse for around 30-60 min. He gets me water, loads up the woodstove, and then does another diaper change (if necessary) before swaddling her and tucking her back in. While we've both been on maternity leave of sorts, when DD wakes at 6 - 7 ish, I nurse her again, DH does diaper duty, and then she sleeps with us (usually on DH's chest) for about an hour. I'll miss this time when we have to go back to work! My partner is very helpful and I sometimes feel guilty about it, even though I shouldn't.

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page