Time zone change problems - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-13-2011, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We moved from San Diego, CA to Germany and my 3 1/2 months old has trouble sleeping at normal times. He will basically fall asleep in the afternoon and then be awake the whole night. We are the most tired parents in the history of parenting atm and our baby does not seem rested or happy either. He barely even does his baby talk anymore and is always just sleepy and fussy (jet lag?).

What can we do? All articles on the web say to keep the baby awake but when he is really tired it is not a good solution, he will just feel awful until he passes out from exhaustion.

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-13-2011, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I live in Hawaii and when my DD was 5 months old we traveled to Florida. It was a 6 hour time difference. The first few days were horrible. She was going to sleep in at 4 am and waking up at noon. Five days later she was fully adjusted to the time change. I exposed her to natural light as often as possible. Slept with no curtains so she could notice the light and dark differences. This may be harder for you to do because it is winter now and the days are shorter for you. How long has it been since you arrived? It may take him a while for him to adjust. Hope things improve for you soon. 

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page