2 month old sleep issues - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-18-2011, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Wise Women ~
I'm a first time mom with a beautiful baby boy, but we're having sleep issues and would love some advice. 

Two main issues - first, DS only naps in our sling and sleeps best on my chest at night. He'll take 2 hr naps when we wear him, but only cat nap (30-45 mins) in infant seats or swings. At night, he only sleeps 1 hr-2hrs in our co-sleeper (although in the past week it has only been 45 minutes at best), but will do longer stretches on my chest. I'm worried that he will only ever be able to sleep on us or in a sling. Is this a pattern I should try to break now or just go with it since he is so young?

Second, he is not sleeping for stretches longer than 1.5 to 2.5 hours. Is this normal for a 2 month old? I'm just worried he's not getting the sleep he needs for development.

Any advice it would be greatly appreciated!
#2 of 3 Old 12-19-2011, 09:53 PM

I'll chime in!  Totally normal: http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/sleep-problems/8-infant-sleep-facts-every-parent-should-know

I think whatever is getting your baby to sleep is what you should do!  I did what you are describing with my first ds and he is now sleeping soundly in his own bed all night (he's 5).  :)

Good luck!

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#3 of 3 Old 12-20-2011, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! So helpful - glad to hear I'm not creating a sleep monster :-) 

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page