Natural remedy for gas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-26-2011, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My eleven week old was put in a harness for hip dysplasia on Friday and can no longer move her lower body about the way she used to.  She's adjusting well, but in the evenings is having a lot of gas pain.  She doesn't usually cry much, but was inconsolable for about three hours last night until she finally passed a lot of gas and went to sleep.  Her tummy was very firm, so I rubbed it and put warm cloths on her stomach which seemed to help a little.  Before she was in the harness, bicycling her legs would work whenever she was gassy.  Is there anything else I can do?  She seems to burp a lot after feeds, she doesn't spit up much at all.  I haven't made any changes to my diet.  I hate seeing her so uncomfortable!  

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 12-26-2011, 06:54 PM

Is she able to sit up? We can usually never get our 14-week-old to burp on a shoulder, but leaning her waaaay forward as she sits and patting her works slick. Likewise, laying her across my lap, with her belly on a knee or thigh while patting works well, too.

Doctors aren't out to kill you or your children. Childbirth isn't inherently safe. Science is actually smarter than your intuition. Lighten up. Use sunscreen.

#3 of 8 Old 12-31-2011, 04:54 PM

Can she lay flat on her belly? Laying DD on her belly and massaging her lower back always helped her with gas. 

sleepytime.gifjog.gifSleepy, running, wife to superhero.gif DH 08/09 -  Mama to jog.gif DS 8/08 & love.gif DD 1/11

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. " - Japanese Proverb

#4 of 8 Old 01-15-2012, 06:01 PM

You can try Little Tummies Gripe Water.  I was told about a good natural product for gas from an organic store called "Ask Tamara" but I cant remember the name of it. I've been to the store and Tamara is so helpful!!  Try giving her a call and maybe she can help you out. Its worth a shot!  Good luck!

Ask Tamara
14 South Street
Warwick, NY 10990
Ph: 845-544-2390
www.asktamara.info

#5 of 8 Old 01-19-2012, 11:57 AM

Hi,

Have you tried fennel seed? It works wonders for gas - if you are bf, you can sip on fennel tea throughout the day (steep a tablespoon of seeds in boiling water for 10 minutes and then strain, you can add some honey if you don't like the taste). Fennel also promotes milk supply so it's wonderful!

If not, you can give her a few drops of the tea as well.

Good luck :)

mdcblog5.gif

#6 of 8 Old 01-19-2012, 05:10 PM

try Colic Calm

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#7 of 8 Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 PM

Have anyone tried the Windi?  I have never tried it, but it seems to get laughs on this board when I've posted about it.  I saw it when I was buying a Nose Frida, and I just about died laughing.  But really, I am hoping someone has used it and can tell me if it is for real. 

http://www.fridababy.com/shop/windi-for-gas-relief/

#8 of 8 Old 01-22-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyGirl View Post

Have anyone tried the Windi?  I have never tried it, but it seems to get laughs on this board when I've posted about it.  I saw it when I was buying a Nose Frida, and I just about died laughing.  But really, I am hoping someone has used it and can tell me if it is for real. 

http://www.fridababy.com/shop/windi-for-gas-relief/

OMG That is really funny! I don't think I'd try it but that was a good laugh!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page