January 2012 Whatever Ladies Are All Done Having Their Babies! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 510 Old 01-22-2012, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OMG Annie! Holy S....I'm so glad there was a happy ending to that! I do stuff like that pretty often....it's called Mommy Brain! In your case, I'm sure it's Mommy Brain plus Mommy anxiety for Ave. I'm glad she is doing well! Phew! You poor thing--I hope there is a break for you in sight! 

MW- yeah, the cat thing---we found out we get more sleep if kitty sleeps in the first floor bathroom. Of course the bastard has learned to open the door even when it's locked (it's just a simple lock) so now we have to close all the doors on the first floor or else he walks the halls around 4am meowing! 

AFM-  So I started eating dairy again a few days ago and E is now spitting up and woke with a rash on his face. Damn it! I love cheese! The kinesiologist said dairy was okay for him in the muscle testing---I think not! How am I going to live without cheese for 18 months...arhhhhh

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#302 of 510 Old 01-22-2012, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Cheese is a hard one for me, too. I've actually been able to stop eating just cheese or cheese and crackers or grilled cheese sandwiches. I don't get cheese on other foods when it's an option like subs and burgers. I do still eat things with cheese in or on them, though, like pizza.

Which reminds me. I've been meaning to ask someone. If I can't find coconut milk in the carton can I drink it from the cans? I actually don't drink it but I've been using in my coffee instead of half and half or flavored creamers and for cereal on the rare occasions that I have cereal. Is the stuff in the can ok for that?

Had Ethan's birthday party today. It was at a bowling alley. The kids had a lot of fun, I think. It was so crowded and noisy that I couldn't tell what was going on. I'm exhausted just from sitting there in that din. I need a few days to recover now.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#303 of 510 Old 01-22-2012, 03:53 PM

Sounds like the party was a success MW! Birthday parties always wear me out too. All those high pitched little voices...ugh! Hard day here in the PICU. DD has a cpap mask on now and a NG tube. She put up quite a fight for both of those. She is more aware today and wanting me to pick her up but I can't yet. Sigh. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#304 of 510 Old 01-22-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

It must be so hard for the both of you to not be able to pick her up.

Not just all those kids running around but the place was packed. It looked like every lane was being used. Who knew bowling was so popular? We're used to going in the middle of a week day when hardly anyone is there.

Something happened at the bowling alley that I feel just awful about. I put Dylan in the wrap. He was so squirmy and fussy. He's been throwing himself backward lately when he's not happy but I have a hard time figuring out what he wants. I was trying to get him and myself situated so that he could nurse and he threw himself backward and hit his head hard on the table. greensad.gif I felt like a big mommy failure.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#305 of 510 Old 01-22-2012, 04:28 PM

It is very hard especially since I always respond to her needs pretty quickly. To not be able to scoop her up is torture. Her diaphragm is slightly paralized right now so they had to put a cpap mask on her. She panics every time she wakes up so I have to get on a chair so that I can get close to her face and calm her down. That's so crazy about D throwing himself back. DD has started doing that too. The other day her surgeon was in talking to us and I had her sitting on the bed. She threw herself back and I didn't catch her fast enough. She bonked her head on her sound machine. Oops! Don't beat yourself up mama. It happens.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#306 of 510 Old 01-22-2012, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

That's a normal thing to happen after that surgery, right? They are expecting things to be back to normal for her soon.

I guess the throwing back is normal. Working on that core. lol.gif I felt like it was a big wrap fail. Anyone watching might think the wrap is dangerous after seeing that. I hope not.

#307 of 510 Old 01-22-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Which reminds me. I've been meaning to ask someone. If I can't find coconut milk in the carton can I drink it from the cans? I actually don't drink it but I've been using in my coffee instead of half and half or flavored creamers and for cereal on the rare occasions that I have cereal. Is the stuff in the can ok for that?

Yup - just make sure you shake the can.  The fat is going to separate, and coconut water isn't very creamy or good for coffee.  It's pretty high in fat but it's the good for you kind.

If you ever want to make whipped cream, open a can w/o shaking it first and set it in the fridge overnight.  In the morning, scrape off the solid stuff and beat it with a mixer.  It'll fluff up just like whipped cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Hard day here in the PICU. DD has a cpap mask on now and a NG tube. She put up quite a fight for both of those. She is more aware today and wanting me to pick her up but I can' t yet. Sigh. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Oh, I hope so.  I can't imagine, Lauri.  hug.gif  

Finn has started arching himself back and bucking out of the bumbo, but he can't sit yet on his own.  So, it's frustrating.  He doesn't want to recline in his bouncy seat anymore.  The only place we can set him really is the jumper -- but he tires of that after a few min anyway.  He keeps us busy these days for sure!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#308 of 510 Old 01-22-2012, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Yup - just make sure you shake the can.  The fat is going to separate, and coconut water isn't very creamy or good for coffee.  It's pretty high in fat but it's the good for you kind.

If you ever want to make whipped cream, open a can w/o shaking it first and set it in the fridge overnight.  In the morning, scrape off the solid stuff and beat it with a mixer.  It'll fluff up just like whipped cream.

thanks. i bought it to make ice cream but haven't done it yet. ethan got one of those ice cream ball shakers for christmas. the first time we used it, we couldn't get it opened when we were done. i've since found the special tool it came with just for that purpose.

is there a diff between coconut milk and coconut water in a can? i've seen coconut milk and coconut cream in cans but coconut water is in a bottle or carton like soda or cow's milk. sometimes the commissary has coconut milk coffee creamer and in a carton like the cow's milk. they sell out fast because there's more demand than they've realized yet. it's a new product there.

nak

dylan does that in his bumbo, too. i just saw the trays you can attach to them the other day. there were a couple at the 2nd hand store. do you think they are useful? i can't decide because there's a tray on the high chair but he manages to drop everything on the floor anyway. i'm thinking by the time he can hold onto things he won't need the bumbo anymore.

oh, he sat in a store cart today for the first time today! that should make grocery shopping easier. joy.gif

#309 of 510 Old 01-23-2012, 07:42 AM

Coconut water is the stuff you'll find in the bottom of a can of coconut cream or milk. you will find it in the beverage section already separated because it's a great electrolyte replacement and often is added with another flavor juice, like pineapple or something.

The coconut creamer often had flavor added to it, like french vanilla, and must have some kind of stabilizer, bc it doesn't separate.

I mostly use the stuff in cans for cooking curry.

Annie(Lauri) - I am so glad you all are ok and you remembered before anything worse happened!

re: wrapping - The same thing happened to me, with Norah at home. bummer.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#310 of 510 Old 01-23-2012, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

i don't get the flavored coconut creamer. so, as long as i shake up the can of milk, it will have both cream and water in it?

my dh jokingly accused me of trying to kill him when i first started cooking with coconut oil because of the fat content. now that's almost exclusively what he uses for his paleo diet. love that he thinks it's such a great thing after reading about it himself but wouldn't take my word for it. eyesroll.gif i think that's one of the problems with our relationship. a marriage book i read made a point of saying that men need to take their wives opinions into account. a lot of times they are dismissive. i think sean does that without realizing it. he lets me talk but does his own thing anyway. he's reading that book now so i hope he makes note of that.

we had a good night last night. D was up late but not too late and slept well. He still woke every few hours to nurse but didn't squirm and fuss too much. I actually woke up before everyone else and was able to enjoy a cup of coffee before the chaos began. thumb.gif

#311 of 510 Old 01-23-2012, 09:56 AM

Yay for good sleep!

Yes - as long as you shake it, it'll have both in it and be creamy.  Some coconut waters come in fancy bottles and flavors -- they are great for post workout (or as labor drinks).  I love Zico waters, I had a whole bunch for Finn's labor but never needed them.  Coconut milk in a can is good for thai cooking, baking, etc (and for coffee, lol).  Cream of Coconut is thick and sugary and is best used for pina coladas!  Yum!!

We have the tray for the bumbo, it's very tight and I can't clip it on all the way.  He still is able to buck out, almost.  And he still drops his toys, lol.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#312 of 510 Old 01-23-2012, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

We have the tray for the bumbo, it's very tight and I can't clip it on all the way.  He still is able to buck out, almost.  And he still drops his toys, lol.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Dylan doesn't like his Bumbo so much anymore. Since he's been able to sit in his bath seat we haven't used it much at all because he tries to buck out of it. He still likes his reclining rocker seat, though.

So, here I am up with him again. He took his late afternoon nap at 8:30 and woke up around 10. Who knows how late we'll be up now.

I think Ethan's basketball schedule is throwing Dylan's nap schedule off. I almost always have to get him up from a nap to take Ethan to either practice or a game. It's 3 nights a week from about 5-7. Dylan wakes up fully when I take him to the car even if he's only been asleep for a half hour and then stays up until late, when he crashes again. He doesn't get that good 2 hours of undisturbed sleep in the afternoon. I think that's enough to totally throw things off. If I didn't have to take him to that, I think he'd sleep from 4-6 or so and then go to bed at night at a reasonable time.

I've decided I need another baby monitor. I bought the one I have 2nd hand and it's too loud and staticy. I can't stand it anymore. I don't need a video monitor and probably don't even need one with 2 receivers. I had just 1 receiver with the one I had for Kellen but thought I needed two because we stayed upstairs most of the time. The boys played with that like it was a walky talky and I have no idea where it is. I'm sure it's buried somewhere but I can't find it. Now I stay downstairs all the time so the one is just fine. I don't want to spend a lot of money but I think I want to get something new this time just to make sure it's in good shape. Do you all have any suggestions?

#313 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 05:05 AM

Only that I LOVE our video monitor (I know you said you don't need video) but it's for Gabe, not Norah, that it'sneeded.  Look up reviews on Amazon and Target - that is how I pick all my baby gear. I don't know how I'd do without it!

I have decided: I am definitely a wrap girl. I love, love, love it. I put a beautiful girly wrap on layaway too. But I promised DH I will not go crazy with it, and I will keep a SSC in the stash for him. 

One of DH's cousin's little boy is a month younger than Norah and she was saying how she doesn't get anything done when he decides not to nap. I told her that that is the beauty of baby carriers. They are awesome!

In other news: DH and I have decided that I won't get the Mirena; he researched it too, and doesn't like that it seems 50/50 whether we would like it (I say we, because strings are an issue for guys sometimes). So we will keep on with the condoms until I have a cycle to track. On one hand - I really hope AF stays far, far, away. OTOH, it would be nice to know we could skip the condom sometimes.

Norah is 13 lbs 2 oz! she has been gaining a steady 5 oz per week for the last several weeks, I love keeping track of that.

How are all our other littles? JJ's Tenley, Everest (is that Kindermama? I forget), . . .. dude my mind went blank Oh well.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#314 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 05:23 AM

I like our Graco monitor.  It's nothing too fancy, but it is quiet.  

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&pwst=1&q=graco+monitor&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1253&bih=702&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=916762095037813049&sa=X&ei=EK4eT5GzKane0QGOsZEG&ved=0CHsQ8wIwBw

Ok - dilemma. I'm about to order some dipes for Finn b/c 9 diapers is such a pita.  I want to get him a FB Perfect Size but the place I'm ordering from only has Large size available, which is supposed to fit 25-45 lbs, 12 months and up.  It specifically says it will only fit for that range.  So.  Do I risk buying it and it being big for a few months, or should I just get the OS?  I wanted a trimmer fit than an OS, all my dipes are OS and they can be so bulky when stuffed.  WWYD?  Finn is 21 lbs now and wearing 9-12 mo clothes, so I think I can get the L safely...oooh, decisions.  It's on sale so I wanted to nab it now.

Kat - GTH about the mirena!  I had such a uneasy time with it myself.  Here's to condoms, I suppose!  That's what we're using right now too.  And I'm with you -- I almost wish I had some sort of sign to lmk if it was necessary, and for that I look fwd to tracking my cycle.

I worry thought that full out charting will make me crave more babies.  

I feel "complete" with our family but I wonder if being tired is more the reason that an actual feeling of done-ness.  I think sometimes too that if we were in a more comfortable house, settled in where we were going to permanently reside, if I would feel as done.  I'm not sure.  I'm also not completely sold on the idea that just b/c we don't feel done means we MUST have more kids, regardless.

Either way, that's where we are.

Chris leaves again for NC today for the rest of the week.  Yesterday I got very little done around the house, I just wasn't feeling it.  I'm hoping I can make today a bit more productive.

JJ - You still didn't get your wetbag??

#315 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 06:49 AM

I have some FB one size, and to me, the OS runs a bit small. I don't know if that will also hold true for the perfect size, but I would go ahead and get the L ones. Now, in swaddlebees/blueberry, DS is at least 25 lbs and should be in a large, but still kinda fits in a M. But he's lean waisted - not fat at ALL - but does have wide, flat hips, and solid thighs.

At least DH has found condoms he likes. It's obv not as good as being without, but hey.

Re: done-ness. I am definitely NOT done. I know I want one more (well, really, I could keep on having babies, if I were a SAHM) I just know I really don't want another right this minute. I want to nurse DD longer than I did DS - though I am really happy we nursed as long as we did - so we will probably go for it around her 2nd birthday. I told DH that IF we had an oops, I could handle it, I mean, I'd have to, right?, but I really don't want an oops. ITA that part of it has to do with the house and stuff too.

#316 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I'm just not willing to spend so much money for a video monitor for one kid that I may not even need for much longer. That Graco one is reasonably priced. The one I'm using is a Graco. I don't know if it's the model or that it's used but the buzzing is driving us all crazy. Sometimes it's fine and, strangely, doesn't seem to matter to which channel it's set. I mean, I can have the monitor set to X channel and have to switch the receiver back and forth between X and Y depending on the buzzing. I think weather and who knows what else affects it. The buzzing has really bad the last couple of days and it has been rainy.

Carrie ~ I would not buy the large diapers with that size range if Finn is 4 lbs. smaller. I have found that large diapers in almost every brand are very large. I don't think my kids ever fit into large, even Ethan who was as big as Finn. Once they started moving they started slimming down. I pulled out some large Swaddlebee's fitteds that I found the other day and tried them on Dylan. They were huge. No way they would work. We'd have poo blow out messes everywhere. Do you have to get them from that place? Here's a place that has some.

http://www.fuzzibunzworld.com/fuzzibunz.html

And another that I've ordered from before without problems. http://www.kellyscloset.com/-Fuzzi-Bunz-Pocket-Diapers_c_682-1.html

Dylan's doing ok. He's been extra fussy the past few days but sleeping ok at night. shrug.gif He's getting his 4th tooth, the top front right one. He'll be 6 months tomorrow! I've scheduled a photo session for next week. I really want to get some professional photos of him while he's still a baby. I feel bad about not getting any while he was younger but I was just not up for it. I may have to buy him a shirt. I want to get some with all 3 boys (Ryan won't come greensad.gif) so I need them to go together.

Funny you guys brought up the baby thing. I was thinking the other day about selling off my baby stuff as we don't need it anymore, specifically my carriers. Should I sell them or keep them? Then I thought, what if I get pg by accident and I've sold everything off? We'd have to start all over again and that would be expensive. So, I'd better keep at least some of it for a few more years. lol.gif I've been pretty consistent in feeling like I'm done. I don't think I'll ever want to try to have another baby. But I won't ever use any birth control other than FAM so there will always be a possibility of me getting pg again, at least for the next 5 years or so, I'm guessing. I know Sean would get a vasectomy but I really don't want him to. I think we can get through the next few years without that. It just really freaks me out.

#317 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 08:05 AM

Video monitors are pricey - I still love ours for Gabe; I don't need it for Norah, since she's always with us - but I like checking on Gabe without having to open his door and wake him up.

DH is totally getting a vasectomy when we are all done. We'll only use condoms during fertile time, once I know when that is. I started getting fertile signs at about this time with Gabe, but he wasn't actually in bed with us then, and I dn't think I nursed him as often as Norah wants to eat :) so who knows? though she is more of a paci baby than he was.

LOL - thing about carriers is that they at least hold value well, especially if you have a weave or pattern that becomes HTF.

We'll get professional pics done again in March, but will have some spontaneous ones done by a friend too; she's awesome and does breastfeeding photography. I really want some to cherish.

#318 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 08:30 AM

I want to order from Nickis diapers b/c they have the Albert print BG AIO that I want.  And they have the FB in black.  I really, really want that one in black!!  

I think after much thought, I'm going to go with the OS.  45 lbs is huge, Nora is only 34 lbs at 3 years old.  That dipe would prob be big on her.  She wasn't 20 lbs till a year, so I can't go entirely based off her, but I think OS is a safer bet.  I like safe bets.

DH and I were talking about vacations and he brought up taking the kids to Disneyworld.  I want to wait until Finn is 2, and Nora will be about 5.  

This summer though we may go somewhere else.  Not sure yet.  Anyone else have plans to travel?

We'll get pics done at 6 mo too!  I can't wait.  I want some cute ones!!  Tho -- Finn needs to be sitting and Nora's bangs need a little time to grow!

#319 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 10:50 AM

I really want to do 4th of July in NC this year. we had plans to in 2011, but life got in the way. If we do, would love to say hi to MW and whoever else, is it movingmama?, is in the area. 

this spring, with either tax money or bonus money, I want to spend a weekend in Charlotte/Hickory area to visit Ikea and family there. I also want to go to Raleigh . . . but don't know how to work that in!

Does Finn tripod sit yet? just curious. I know I want to get naked baby pics of Norah, we did Gabe's and I LOVE them. but it has to before a year. (why this arbitrary rule, IDK - that's what JCPenney's says)

We want to do Disney too; but I want Gabe to be at least 5. and I want to have enough $$ that we can really enjoy the experience and not be doing it on an extreme budget. (which I know can be done, but I don't want to have to worry about it)

www.squishytushy.com has some good deals, but no black FB :(  is Black a retired color, because I don't even see it on their website?

this is the only good looking OS pocket I found in black:

http://hyenacart.com/LittleLemonTree/mt/797/90567/One-Size-PUL-Pocket-Diaper-Black-and-Green

#320 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 11:08 AM

Nope, he doesn't tripod sit.  If we really work with him, he might balance on his own for 5 seconds but he isn't even really trying.  I can tell he isn't engaging any core muscles.  Nora was sitting on her own by 5 1/2 months so by comparison he's behind, but for his size and age, I'm not worried.  He'll do it.  He sits fine in his high chair and bumbo, and those will do until he's ready.

I'll put some pics on FB of Nora and Finn at the same age again.  I love doing that.  You can see how chubby Nora was, lol!

Here is the black FB.  I ordered it in OS, and I got my Albert print BG and one other dipe.

http://www.nickisdiapers.com/fuzzibunz-one-size-diapers-black.html

Stoked!!  

I hear you about wanting to do disney all out if you go.  That's kind of why I want to wait.  With a 1 year old even, I'm worried about not getting the most out of what we spend.  I want him to at least go on rides and not be terrified.  I want him to remember it, even a little.  

#321 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 11:35 AM

Yeah, I see them on Nicki's website, maybe because everywhere else has the new ELITE ones? and these are pre-elite?

It's not that I want to spend buckets of money at Disney, I just want to go with kind of the thought that if there's something there that we want or want to do, that we not be too limited by money to do it.

Gabe was not nearly as squishy as Norah is at this age. Let me see if I can compare. Actually, in these shots they look pretty similiar! LOL

84b85a07-1.jpg

#322 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 01:24 PM

We have the bumbo tray and it doesn't keep DD from trying to arch out of it. I need to get a highchair for her but our eating space is already so limited. I have looked at the ones that clip on the table but I don't know if they will work. I also like the Chicco one that folds up when not in use. Interesting discussion between the nutrionist and the speech/path lady at the hospital this morning. The nutrionist was trying to convince me that DD needed to start solids soon. The speech/path was saying she didn't think she was ready because she doesn't have good trunk control. They both were against bumbos but said that the PT guy loves them and recommends them. How's that for three different expert opinions?!? :)

#323 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 01:29 PM

I am going to have to do multiple replies because the nook doesn't add paragraphs when I hit return for some reason. I really want some more BG 4.0s but I can't justify them right now. I love the new prints. I want one of each!

#324 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 01:35 PM

I want to do Disney when DD is 4 or 5. I want to be able to stay onsite and not have to rush around. It would be really fun to do the Disney cruise as well. We may go to Philly again either for spring break or in the summer. Our friends just bought a second house there and said we could go stay whenever we want! They have a great science museum there and lots of fun things that the kids enjoy. We did July 4th there a few years ago and we all loved it.

#325 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 06:08 PM

Sorry guys! I'm here, but normally if I'm sitting here reading, it's because Tenley is nursing or sleeping on my arm, and I find it so annoying to type one handed. I've finally got her positioned right now so she's nursing and I can actually type with both hands. Persistence! lol

Annie-- SUCH big hugs. I can't imagine how hard going through all of that must be, and even harder not being able to pick her p to comfort her. How long do you think until you guys will be able to again?

Quote:

I was trying to get him and myself situated so that he could nurse and he threw himself backward and hit his head hard on the table. greensad.gif I felt like a big mommy failure.

A couple weeks ago, DD was having a screaming fit, going on like 30+ minutes without a break, and I was at my wits end. I had to go feed the dog, and when I bent down to scoop the food, I totally banged her head on the cupboard door. I felt -horrible-, because obviously it was totally an accident, but since I was so upset with her, all I could think was "She's going to think I did it on purpose!"

Quote:

So, here I am up with him again. He took his late afternoon nap at 8:30 and woke up around 10. Who knows how late we'll be up now.

I've decided I need another baby monitor. I bought the one I have 2nd hand and it's too loud and staticy. I can't stand it anymore. I don't need a video monitor and probably don't even need one with 2 receivers. I had just 1 receiver with the one I had for Kellen but thought I needed two because we stayed upstairs most of the time. The boys played with that like it was a walky talky and I have no idea where it is. I'm sure it's buried somewhere but I can't find it. Now I stay downstairs all the time so the one is just fine. I don't want to spend a lot of money but I think I want to get something new this time just to make sure it's in good shape. Do you all have any suggestions?

I've been 'trying' (as in, wanting to, but not really doing anything...) to move up Tenley's night time. Right now she doesn't settle for the night until between 11 and midnight. She does one 3-4 hour stretch always, and then some nights it's up every 1.5 hours after that, and some nights she'll do another 3 hour stretch... but then we end up staying in bed until 10am or later so that I can get enough sleep to function. It would be nice to have her go down at 9 or 10 and us be able to wake up between 8-10 instead. In theory it seems easy, since she usually goes down for a nap around 8pm... but its like she knows when I'm trying to get her down earlier, and instead of sleeping longer (and starting her night routine of no 'playtime' in between feeding/sleeping), she actually wakes up more often. 

The monitor we want to get is a cheap Summer Infant one- it's silver and blue, I think the name of it refers to it being slim or something. We've used it at my SIL's house, and even from 6 feet away from the monitor, you can hear the second hand of a clock ticking, but everything else was very clear. It's $50 here in Canada. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

One of DH's cousin's little boy is a month younger than Norah and she was saying how she doesn't get anything done when he decides not to nap. I told her that that is the beauty of baby carriers. They are awesome!

See, in theory this is fantastic... but DD is often so picky in the wrap that I can't actually do anything. I have my hands free, but any movement that involves more than just my hands, she fusses and wakes up. Now, other times, she WILL settle and sleep through anything, but not often. I wish she would just fully settle in them and have nice long naps. She did one day, and I totally took it for granted that it would keep happening, and I'd get stuff done every day. Not so :(   As it stands, I get small things done each day while DH is at work, but for the most part, all my progress gets done after he gets home and I pass her off to him. During the day I'm either sitting with her while she sleeps (and reading or watching tv), or bouncing, walking, shushing, cooing at her trying to soothe her. 

Quote:

JJ - You still didn't get your wetbag??

I got it today. So you guys saw the post on FB, and then like an hour after I posted that, I got an email from them, stating that they were sorry, and it was a mail issue, a whole shipment appears to have gone missing...etc etc. Then today they drove it over and hand delivered it. They also threw in a small snack bag, and a few washcloths that they make (that I've bought before and -love-). I'm glad to have it, but it makes me roll my eyes that they didn't really do anything until I posted on FB. 

Quote:

Funny you guys brought up the baby thing. I was thinking the other day about selling off my baby stuff as we don't need it anymore, specifically my carriers. Should I sell them or keep them? Then I thought, what if I get pg by accident and I've sold everything off? We'd have to start all over again and that would be expensive. 

We're struggling with this right now. Since the past two months have been so much rougher than we had ever imagined, DH is adamant that we're done and Tenley will be an only child. This isn't acceptable to me, and I'm convinced he'll change his mind. In the meantime, DD is outgrowing her first crop of clothing and diapers, and of course DH wants to sell all of it. I don't, because I got it all at such great deals/free, that selling and having to buy it all back in a few years would be really silly financially. But of course coming from the standpoint of being 'sure' that we're done, DH thinks it's stupid to keep it. 

Dog is into something, I'll be back later I guess!@

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#326 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

So you guys saw the post on FB, and then like an hour after I posted that, I got an email from them, stating that they were sorry, and it was a mail issue, a whole shipment appears to have gone missing...etc etc. Then today they drove it over and hand delivered it. They also threw in a small snack bag, and a few washcloths that they make (that I've bought before and -love-). I'm glad to have it, but it makes me roll my eyes that they didn't really do anything until I posted on FB.

Yeah, too much, too late. It sounds like as soon as they were worried about bad publicity they decided to do the right thing. But, it should have been done weeks ago. I'd accept everything they gave me but still tell everyone I know not to ever buy from them. First, shoddy products and then horrible customer service.

i think i'm going to be up late again tonight. Ryan woke Dylan up an hour early from his first nap. He fell back to sleep about an hour before we had to leave for Ethan's basketball game so I had to wake him up then. I hated doing that because he was sleeping so peacefully. He stayed up with all the excitement and noise at the game but fell asleep in the car on the way home. That gave him a little cat nap from about 8-8:30, which means he'll probably be up until at least midnight. Last night he was up until 1 am.

At least I get to sleep late. I've been getting up around 9:30 or 10 and all the boys are still sleeping. It's nice to have a cup of coffee before I have to attend to everyone. But, like you, I wish it was earlier. I'd love to be able to get up at 8, have a cup of coffee and have the boys get up around 8:30. Then we might actually be able to go out and do something early. There's a homeschool gymnastics class that 2 other families from my homeschool group go to that I want to try but it's at 10 am and I know we will never make it.

Basketball will be over soon and Sean will be home so, hopefully, things will change back when that happens. Sean can take Ethan to baseball and maybe even take both Ethan and Kellen back to TKD and I can stay home with Dylan.

#327 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:

At least I get to sleep late. I've been getting up around 9:30 or 10 and all the boys are still sleeping. It's nice to have a cup of coffee before I have to attend to everyone. But, like you, I wish it was earlier. I'd love to be able to get up at 8, have a cup of coffee and have the boys get up around 8:30. Then we might actually be able to go out and do something early. There's a homeschool gymnastics class that 2 other families from my homeschool group go to that I want to try but it's at 10 am and I know we will never make it.

Yeah it sucks missing things because you need the sleep instead! lol I've been trying to look up more mamas groups and meetings, etc around the area to break up our days, and keep myself patient and in a good headspace. But so many of them are at 10 or 1030... so we'd need to leave the house at 930, nurse right before at 9, which means I'd need to be up at about 8 to allow myself time to shower, dress, eat, and account for 'oops' time to get her ready. I can't do 8am yet, at that point, I'm usually still crossing my fingers for another 3 hour stretch. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#328 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

which means I'd need to be up at about 8 to allow myself time to shower, dress, eat, and account for 'oops' time to get her ready.

I will never understand why mommy and baby groups schedule things in the mornings. You'd think they could at least stagger the times, doing one week in the morning and one week in the afternoon, so more people could come. I'm lucky my homeschool group is willing to do things later in the day. Our park days are at either 11 or noon and bowling is at 11. Anything earlier I would not be able to make.

I gave up showering before going anywhere, even in the afternoon, for the first 4 or 5 months. I was lucky if I got a shower once a week during that time. It was more important for me to get the kids out of the house sometimes. Now I can shower more often because Dylan can sit in his bath seat. He showers with me and then plays in the bath while I get dressed, which also saves time because then I don't have to find special time to bathe him.

You could shower at night when your dh is home so that would be one less thing you'd have to do in the mornings.

#329 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 07:33 PM

Yup, I shower at night, too, probably at most every other day. I just can't get anywhere if I try to get myself ready the morning of. Maybe if it were a first time meeting and I didn't want to look a fright, I would try. Tmw am I have a friend coming over, and I do want to shower first but she wants to be here at 10. I don't think it's that important. I'd rather the house be picked up than my make up done. Horrible. I'm pathetic!! Lol!!

we are up at 730 most days, 8 the latest. Sucks, but that's when Finn decides he's up for the day. Nora is up shortly after.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

#330 of 510 Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:

We're struggling with this right now. Since the past two months have been so much rougher than we had ever imagined, DH is adamant that we're done and Tenley will be an only child. This isn't acceptable to me, and I'm convinced he'll change his mind. In the meantime, DD is outgrowing her first crop of clothing and diapers, and of course DH wants to sell all of it. I don't, because I got it all at such great deals/free, that selling and having to buy it all back in a few years would be really silly financially. But of course coming from the standpoint of being 'sure' that we're done, DH thinks it's stupid to keep it. 

Dog is into something, I'll be back later I guess!@

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I wasn't Catholic. Jacinta was really really really really REALLY hard (sounds kind of like Tenley) I never thought it would get better. Finally, of course, it did. 

When I got pregnant with Mikelina (on accident) - I told myself "I still have 9 months, I have 9 months. The evil horrible HELL only lasts a 5 or 6 months. It's ok" LOL  Mikelina showed up and she was the most chill baby I have ever seen! Literally, I think she had a crying fit 2 times. Literally.

Arianna is somewhere in the middle. But she's so old now I can't really remember the littleness anymore. Now she is just a little terror luxlove.gif

Anyways, my point is - not *all* babies are that tough. Can I guarantee you won't get the same (or worse)? no. But I still think it's worth it!

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page