Mothering Forum banner

January 2012 Whatever Ladies Are All Done Having Their Babies!

Tags
baby
17K views 509 replies 12 participants last post by  pokeyac 
#1 ·
Member List:

lyeterae ~ Baby boy born February 2011
annie ~ Baby girl born April 7, 2011
Barefootscientist ~ Baby boy born May 30, 2011
AnnieA (due 7/18) ~ Baby girl born July 17, 2011
MarineWife (due 7/30) ~ Baby boy born July 25, 2011
Baby_Cakes (due 8/16) ~ Baby boy born August 16, 2011
MovingMomma (due 8/9) ~ Baby girl born August 18, 2011
akind1 (due 9/28) ~ Baby girl born October 11, 2011
mom2one (due 10/23) ~ Baby boy born October 21, 2011
jeninejessica (due 12/10) ~ Baby girl born November 29, 2011
Kindermama (due 1/6) ~ Baby boy born January 1, 2012

Here is the January 2012 Pregnant thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1340508/january-2012-whatever-ladies-having-babies-waiting-on-the-last-one#post_16809188

Here is last month's thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337786/december-2011-whatever-ladies-having-babies-we-are-down-to-one

See less See more
#378 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Once you aren't snapping down anymore, OS diapers fit pretty trim :)
Agreed!

I have the two Flip dipes, one velcro and one snaps. On the snap one, I need to snap down one row for the rise. For the velcro, I don't. Strange, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

look what i found! http://glutenfreesoyfreevegan.wordpress.com/
Oh how awesome!! Nice!!

Chris's flight home was delayed. UGH.

Honestly, this was the longest week of my life. Idk how you mamas do it w/o your DH's or partners home at least some of the time.

I took a short nap with Finn while Nora was at school and I'm pouring myself a nice glass of wine now with my dinner.

I got my BG Freetime and it's SO CUTE. And my FB OS in black? If a diaper can be sexy, this is it!! It's fantastic looking. I cannot wait to put in on Finn. I also got one more Bumkins AIO b/c it was on sale. I'll post pics when/if I can.

#379 ·
All this diaper talk has me missing Ava's fluff! Can't wait to get home and back to her big cloth booty! I love our snap Flips but when I take them off in the morning, there is definitely the microfiber stink. I usually let her air out a few minutes before putting a new dipe on her.

#380 ·
With something like the Flip, how well do they work if you double the liner? I changed Finn after his nap, and the cover was damp, but I only had one liner in. I think he's just a heavy wetter.

Ok - I put together two pics:

2012-01-27123729-1.jpg

1ht

Annie, how is Ava recovering? Any idea when she will be strong enough to go home? Hopefully soon!

#381 ·
Annie ~ I was going to ask the same thing.

Carrie ~ They look very similar but I can see much more of a difference at this age than when they were younger.

How do you get those photos together like that? I'd like to do that with my 4 boys. Do you use a program on your computer?

#382 ·
Baby_Cakes, the Flip liners do feel damp if DD has been in them many hours like at night but all my covers feel that way if she has soaked through the insert/PF. I have 5 Flip covers so I just lay the damp one aside and it is dry before the next diaper change. Has anyone tried the Infantino mei tei that is sold at like BRU and Target? Wonder how it compares to less mainstream ones? Oh Baby_Cakes, what do you think of the Freetime? AFM, looks like we're going home today! Haven't put anything on FB yet because I don't want to jinx it but one of her cardiologists came in this morning and said she looked great and we should leave! Discharge is a slow process though so probably won't be home until this afternoon.

#383 ·
ABCs are pretty basic. The construction and how they work are the same. I think it's pretty cool that BRU sells that. I haven't seen it in the store, but our local store is pretty small and doesn't carry a lot of things. I checked it out online. I like the padded straps (mine has padded straps) but some people don't because it's less adjustable. It says it has lumbar support but I couldn't see what that was. It looked like maybe there was a pad that goes across your belly in between you and baby. Maybe that's it. that sounds nice but i don't think it's necessary. i have low back problems but have not had a problem with my ABC without specific lumbar support.

joy.gif
for going home!

#384 ·
They are definitely looking less and less alike as Finn grows!!

I use photobucket, and make a collage. You can do it with as many pictures as you want, in different shapes and sizes.

Ok, gtk that most covers feel damp. I just thought maybe I was doing something incorrectly.

joy.gif
I hope she does come home today! That's wonderful news!

AFUs - Finn is sleeping horrible lately. Wah. Where is my good sleeper? I want him baaaack. DH is at least home now (yay) and can help. I'm tired and need more coffee!

#385 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Ok, gtk that most covers feel damp. I just thought maybe I was doing something incorrectly.
yeah, none of them are waterproof, only water resistant. the only way to avoid that is to stuff a lot and/or change often. my wonderoos don't usually feel damp on the outside in the morning aven when the dipe is soaked but i really stuff those things. i got pics of D wearing one this morning so you can see how big it is. i'll get them up asap.

going to check out photobucket. i have an account but haven't used it recently.

#387 ·
They all look so different! Amazing!!

Did you all know baby sleep positioners were recalled? I went to Buy Buy Baby with the goal of finding something to keep finnley from moving sideways in his cosleeper and getting stuck. The guy working there said they can't carry them any more bc they were recalled. I was bummed. I had something from when Nora was a baby, but I must have gotten rid of it. I'll have to rig something. I did buy him a sleep sack tho. Maybe he just doesn't like the swaddle anymore.

My new dipes are drying, but as soon as I use them I'll report back. I can't wait!!

Chris watched the kids this afternoon and I went and got Starbucks and did that shopping. It felt so good to be out by myself!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

#388 ·
Carrie-- we have a sleep positioner, but we also use magic bags against her back/tummy sometimes and that works too! And the weight of it makes her feel like there's someone there with her, or at least I think that's why she sleeps better with them!

#389 ·
You think, Carrie? I think Kellen looks like Ryan (although not too much since they have different fathers) and Dylan looks like Ethan. Sometimes I look at Dylan and get a little freaked at how much he looks like Ethan. It's like I'm not looking at a new baby but just Ethan again. I can't explain it. Kellen's personality is very much like Ryan's, too. I hope that means Dylan's will be more like Ethan's because I don't know if I can handle another high energy child.
fingersx.gif
He already seems like it because he's more of a high needs baby like Ethan whereas Kellen was much more independent.

Yeah, I read those sleep positioners had been recalled a while ago. We had one for Ethan but never used it since he ended up in our bed all the time.

Oh, did you know that if you buy Starbucks coffee from the store, you can take the empty bag to a Starbucks shop and get a free cup of coffee? I thought of you when I read that.
smile.gif

#390 ·
Quote:

You think, Carrie? I think Kellen looks like Ryan (although not too much since they have different fathers) and Dylan looks like Ethan.
That's what I see!

I should post photos of DH and I and Tenley. Family keeps fighting over who she looks more like.

#391 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

That's what I see!

I should post photos of DH and I and Tenley. Family keeps fighting over who she looks more like.
The consensus here is that Ryan and Kellen look more like me and Ethan and Dylan look more like Sean. Ethan looks almost exactly like Sean as a child, although it's hard to see in Sean the man.

#392 ·
I agree with the consensus! Now that I'm on the comp and not the phone, I see what you're saying!!!

I didn't know that about starbucks coffee! GTK!!

JJ - what are these magic bags of which you speak?

#393 ·
Sorry I always forget it's a Canada thing. It's basically just a brand name of hot packs/ rice socks.

Magic Bag

We don't heat it up for her, but just the weight of it pressing against her back and the fact that it's malleable seems to help.

Found somebody today who wants to buy my FB dipes and the bummis covers. Yay! I'll have $85 to put towards other stuff for her, likely more one size or medium diapers.

#394 ·
Man you guys are a chatty bunch...I can't keep up!

I had "worst mommy moment" last night! Talk about carriers and all. DH had to take DS to hockey and he was wearing E in a fleece pouch. He attempted to take the pouch off and put it over my head and E fell halfway out. I caught him but I wasn't expecting it and I nearly went into shock. I started balling and felt so anxious that I didn't even go out to my friend's house for tea (with E) as planned when DH got home. I kept replaying the scene in my head until this morning. Worst feeling ever. Even DH cried when he got back from hockey. E was sleeping on my chest and I look over and he's watching us and getting all teared up thinking about E being hurt or dying from the potential fall. Needless to say, that will never happen again. I'm trying to be grateful for his protection. I can still see the image in my head of him going heads first out of the sling
greensad.gif

JJ- I'm with you on so many things in your recent posts (even the rice bag thing which I thought of doing too!). The postpartum sweating--I hear you! Ugh! My deodorant hardly works these days. It's so gross. I do try to shower every day. I take 1-2 minute showers while he fusses in the bouncy seat. Tenley and E are very much alike. I basically do what you do all day too. I feel like a prisoner some days and go a little nut-so but other days, I'm happy to just sit and stare at my baby--I think those days I'm too damn tired to feel overwhelmed! I definitely don't get anything done around the house even wearing E. I can't bend down to pick up toys or do too much cleaning or make too much noise. It's frustrating but this time goes so fast. Oh and don't make any family planning decisions in the early months. DH had his V when our last was 4 months old. That was real dumb of us to make a decision at that time in our lives. Of course we were DONE at that point! Who isn't DONE when they are severely sleep-deprived and overwhelmed by the needs of a new baby! Of course we went on to reverse it to have E. Last week, we agreed we won't make any BC decisions until E is at least 2 years old. We haven't ruled out a 6th but at this point, I'm done! LOL At least I think I am. I mean really, this has hit me so hard this time. I went 3 years with 8-9 hours of sleep! I got way too use to my autonomy! But we have 5 already! And every baby is different. My first was soooo easy. Hardly cried...was just happy all the time! My second---not so much. She was way worse than E. My third was so-so and E is somewhere in the so-so range too. At least he's consolable....just give him the boob or wrap him up and bounce! Bounce bounce bounce!

Carrie/Cloth dipes- I just got some Freetimes but they seem so bulky! I think I like the Elementals with a fleece liner the most. I'm going to try a FB Elite and a Tot Bot AIO on E on Monday. I think the Elementals and some kind of pocket with make up my next stash. I did a little bit of everything for the newborn stage and I really like AIOs and pocket. I just don't feel the prefold/fitted/wool love. Takes too long to and he flips out 90% of the time when I change his diaper. Snappi'ing takes too much time for me too. My dd's friend's mother owns a cloth dipe business...www.everythingbirth.com She lives 3 miles from my house! Woot!

I love seeing all the babes...JJ..can you post a pic of Tenley! I want to see her!

Here's a pic of my boy looking at his Daddy! Sorry for the bad quality. We were going to take newborn pics the other day and he broke out in baby acne after being sweating while co-sleeping....it's getting worse (he's had two other sweating episodes). Man, he's already gained over a pound since birth. If this acne doesn't pass soon, he's going to be too big for "newborn" pics! He'll be a chunker!

IMG_0744.jpg

#395 ·
AWW! He's so cute!!!

I'm sorry you had that scare. Ugh, I know that awful feeling you get, replaying things in your mind. ((hugs))

Once he's bigger the Freetime won't be so bulky. We were just saying a few posts ago that the OS diapers, especially AIOs, are bulky snapped down.

Guys, idk wtf is going on! Finn isn't sleeping well at night at all. He used to wake 2-3 times and go back in the cosleeper. Now he's up every hour or two, and won't go back in the cosleeper!!! He also used to at least sleep until 730 -- now he's getting up an hour earlier. When does DST begin?!? It must be developmental, but UGH UGH. I need more sleep!! Going to hit the coffee hard today.

I'm supposed to go to a playdate today but I'm really not looking fwd to it. After we made the date, the girl tried to rope me into letting her do a facial for her Mary Kay business. I was really put off. I thought she invited us to get the kids all together, but then her true colors came out. I had to tell her that I really wasn't interested in doing that (I mean, I'm going to have both kids with me!!) and if I wanted to have a facial done I'd come to a party on my own time (like never, b/c I don't want a facial done). Anyway, she didn't have a problem with it, but now there's a bad taste in my mouth over it. Sigh.

#396 ·
Kinder ~ So cute! I know that scary feeling, too. Sometimes thoughts of past mistakes go through my head over and over and I can't get them out. It's horrible.

All these new diapers I've never heard of. I like the modern cloth diapers are becoming more normal. It's really cool that you can buy them at some brick and mortar stores. Did I tell you all the consignment store I like sells new fuzzibunz and happy heiny's? They even had some hemp soakers/inserts. I was so excited to see hemp! Too bad I don't need any. But...it's all pocket PUL diapers. I get that. Those probably have the most appeal to the masses because they more closely resemble sposies and can easily be used under store bought clothes. I wish more people would feel the fitted and wool love because it's getting so hard to find good ones these days.
greensad.gif

Carrie ~ Maybe she thought the kids would occupy each other and that would give you a few minutes to relax and just wanted to give you a facial for that purpose, because she knows how hard it is for a SAHM to a baby to get any time to relax.

I won't be surprised if Dylan is crawling before Sean comes home. He gets up on his hands and knees every time I put him on his stomach. He can get up and stay like that for a few seconds and rock back and forth now rather than sort of getting up but still having his legs straight and just sliding backwards. I really need to get a gate to go between the living room and kitchen. I cannot give Dylan free reign of the house because the boys leave stuff all over the place and I am not going to spend every waking moment following him around. It's a big opening, probably at least 6 feet wide, so I don't know if I can get a gate from the store here.

#397 ·
Check on Amazon. They have nice gates that could block that opening. Yay for almost crawling!! Wow!!

See, I just don't think so. She is just looking for an angle to sell her mk stuff. I should have seen it coming but it didn't cross my mind. She isn't a sahm, she works ft and sells mk. I just really want irl friends!!! I'm still going bc I hope we can still have a good time.

The Freetime is a nice diaper!! It's not any more bulky then a stuffed pocket.

ETA - mw: like this

http://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Stylish-Secure-Expansion/dp/B001N44UXA/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1327858550&sr=8-19

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

#398 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

I had "worst mommy moment" last night! Talk about carriers and all. DH had to take DS to hockey and he was wearing E in a fleece pouch. He attempted to take the pouch off and put it over my head and E fell halfway out. I caught him but I wasn't expecting it and I nearly went into shock. I started balling and felt so anxious that I didn't even go out to my friend's house for tea (with E) as planned when DH got home. I kept replaying the scene in my head until this morning. Worst feeling ever.

JJ- I'm with you on so many things in your recent posts (even the rice bag thing which I thought of doing too!). The postpartum sweating--I hear you! Ugh! My deodorant hardly works these days. It's so gross. I do try to shower every day. I take 1-2 minute showers while he fusses in the bouncy seat. Tenley and E are very much alike. I basically do what you do all day too. I feel like a prisoner some days and go a little nut-so but other days, I'm happy to just sit and stare at my baby--I think those days I'm too damn tired to feel overwhelmed! I definitely don't get anything done around the house even wearing E. I can't bend down to pick up toys or do too much cleaning or make too much noise. It's frustrating but this time goes so fast. Oh and don't make any family planning decisions in the early months.

I love seeing all the babes...JJ..can you post a pic of Tenley! I want to see her!
*hugs* Take comfort in the fact that it happens to all of us! DH was holding T above his head last night, just fooling around and playing, and she squirmed and totally slipped big time. He caught her, and if not, my arms were there instantly to catch her, but it took me a couple minutes to catch my breath and stop feeling lightheaded from the adrenalin. We're all good mamas, mistakes happen.

DH gets credit for the magic bag. We don't do it all the time, but it helps if she's super fussy. We've actually started trying to get her attached to a lovey as well, hoping it will help her to sleep alone for naps, etc, and I've noticed that she will soothe herself with it- it's just this small pink bear, but if she wakes up, she'll start stroking it's head or arm or whatever. So cute!

I've always had a problem with deodorant/antiperspirant, not that it doesn't work, but my underarm skin is so sensistive to it, and it seems like if I use it more than one day in a row, my skin gets sooo dry and itchy. I've tried natural deodorants, and they work for a little bit, and then I get to the point where I actually feel dirtier after putting them on, because they leave a filmy coating it seems like. I keep trying, but no luck on something that works well and I can wear every day-- hence the everyday showers! lol

And yeah, it's hard too now that DH has gone back to work, and that was kind of the 'changeover' of "It's ok that you're not doing anything" to "ok... I got nothing at all done today and I feel horrible. For the most part when he's at work, I'm solely watching her, and anything I get done is bonus. Once he gets home, he relaxes for 20 minutes or so, and then takes her and I do some cleaning and stuff to catch up. It gives him time with her, and I can get stuff done so much faster when I'm not worried about waking her up or banging her into the cupboard door while I'm putting away dishes! lol

Speaking of getting stuff done though-- I tried putting her down in the crib to sleep yesterday, and she slept wonderfully, and then again today for 45 minutes this morning. I think we're going to start putting her down for all her naps in there. I think it helps her to differentiate between naps in the crib, where she knows she's alone, but I'll come get her if she needs, and sleeping in our room (in bed or bassinette) where she expects us to be in the room with her the whole time. I'll keep trying and see how it goes, but so far so good!

It seems like she hit 8 weeks, and she's a different baby now. Such a relief. I'm sleeping, I feel like I'm able to get more done, and she's sitting in her swing now for 10 minutes at a time. She's actually responsive to us, and we spend time playing and cuddling instead of her either being sleeping/nursing/fussing. It's so wonderful! Definitely not making any long term decisions yet. I figure anything before 6 months is totally temporary thoughts. After 6 months I'll start taking him more seriously, but I think it would be 5 years at least before we'd do anything permanent. I've never even been on BC before, so I'm not running out for one of us to alter our bodies yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Guys, idk wtf is going on! Finn isn't sleeping well at night at all. He used to wake 2-3 times and go back in the cosleeper. Now he's up every hour or two, and won't go back in the cosleeper!!!
With us, I found that the key for me is not falling asleep while she's nursing. I wait until she's done, and then she gets 2-3 minutes to cuddle, and then she has to go into the bassinet right away. If I doze, and so she gets the chance to nurse, cuddle, nurse a minute more, cuddle, doze, nurse, etc... then she won't let me put her down again. She needs that definite end to the nursing or she will demand to nurse/sleep cycle all night long, and then in the morning both of us are exhausted. I was doing that for a while, where I would doze off while she was nursing, and then wake up half an hour or an hour later, and try to put her into the bassinet, and she would -not- have it. I have to make sure I'm awake the whole time now, even if it means turning a light on, and grabbing a book. It means that I'm more awake intitally, but because there's an end to the nursing session, and then I get my bed back, I get more sleep overall.

Quote:

Those probably have the most appeal to the masses because they more closely resemble sposies and can easily be used under store bought clothes. I wish more people would feel the fitted and wool love because it's getting so hard to find good ones these days.
greensad.gif
I think a lot of it is price too. I wanted to use shorties and longies, but the price was just too prohibitive. I think if you have more control over the budget, or if your partner is more on board, but for us, DH was supportive of the cloth diapering, but there's no way I could have convinced him to buy several pairs of "$50 pants". Obviously i know there's more to it than that, but for him, that's what he sees. And it's hard to bring the price down for wool because there's so much time and cost that goes into making them.

I will try ot post photos later! I've got a bunch I need to finish going through today or tomorrow.

#399 ·
JJ, I'm so glad you are having an easier time with Miss Tenley! It sounds like she has definite opinions about what she likes and doesn't like. My DD is that way as well. It can definitely make things more challenging but also more fun!

Baby_Cakes, is the Freetime the same thickness as the 4.0?

MW, I agree w/JJ. I'd love to do wool covers but they are expensive! Since you know how to knit, the cost is probably a lot easier to handle. For me, I love the Flips and BG 4.0s because of their versatility. I know that DD will be able to use them for a long time. The PFs and covers that I bought are nearing their end of life because they are getting too small. Also, the Flips and BGs are more absorbent. I forgot to put DD in a Flip last night after I gave her the diuretic...whooooo boy! The PF was no match for lasix pee!

Kindermama, that's one cute boy you have there! I've been meaning to ask you, have you ever given the RR for kids to any of your little ones? If so, how much do you give? Do you put it in milk?

AFM, we're home and it was so nice to sleep in my bed last night! I'm at work now and DD is home with DH. It's the first time in over a week that I haven't been on guard. It's nice to have something else to focus on for a few hours! So while we were in the hospital, DD got used to falling asleep in the bed by herself since I couldn't hold her for so many days. Now she doesn't want to fall asleep with me holding her. She will fuss and fight until I lay her in her bed. She wants me to stay there though and hold her hand. It makes me sad though because I like laying down with her or having her fall asleep in my arms! I'm hoping that once her incision heals, she will be more comfortable falling asleep while I hold her. Or at least tolerate it some when I want to hold her. She has also picked up the lovey habit while we were in the hospital. I have these little organic cotton washcloths that a friend gave me and I used them as breast pads and also as burp cloths when feeding her. I had a bunch with me at the hospital and somehow, she started holding one when she was going to sleep and now she likes to hold one up to her face or cover her face with it.

#400 ·
yeah, carrie, that's the kind of gate i need, with a swing door. i've got a catalog i can order one from but want to check the store here first. i like to support the local stores if i can, even the big chains, before mail order or online. supporting the local economy and, a more selfish reason, to keep the limited choices we have.

the early baby days, at least the first year and more probably the 2nd, too, is not the best time to make long term decisions about birth control. it really irks me that HCPs push BC at the 6 week PP check when parents are in such a vulnerable state.

JJ ~ Already knit woolies in hand-dyed yarn can be very pricey. That's why I started knitting my own. I can get a pair of longies for D in size medium with 1 skein of hand-dyed, which costs me around $24. That's a bit pricey for a pair of baby pants but a lot cheaper than buying them already knit. You can make them really cheap if you want. One skein of Paton's or Lion Brand wool will make a couple of smaller sized soakers or 1 pair of small pants with some left over. They only cost about $5. That's cheaper than new baby clothes. And, a lot of people get by with only 2 in each size, although I like to have at least 4. So, you're looking at maybe $20 at the most depending on what you are making and the size. It really doesn't have to be expensive.

I once worked out how much I would make if I started selling knit woolies. I think the going rate is about twice the cost of the yarn. With the amount of hours it takes to make a pair of longies, knitters make less than minimum wage and that's not including the cost to put them for sale online. If it takes a day to make one pair, subtract the cost of the yarn, and you are left with about $3/hour.

Annie ~ So glad Ava is home!
joy.gif

Carrie ~ You inspired me to make a photo album for each of my boys. I've always wanted an album of each with one picture for each month of their first year. In the process, I found this photo of Ethan at 4 months. Look at huge he was!

Here's a link to my photo sharing site: http://coconuts.kodakgallery.com.

I wanted to share some photos with you guys but there were way too many for me to post or pic just a few. There are a ton of photos on there. I won't be insulted if you don't get through all of them.

#401 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

It seems like she hit 8 weeks, and she's a different baby now. Such a relief. I'm sleeping, I feel like I'm able to get more done, and she's sitting in her swing now for 10 minutes at a time. She's actually responsive to us, and we spend time playing and cuddling instead of her either being sleeping/nursing/fussing. It's so wonderful! Definitely not making any long term decisions yet. I figure anything before 6 months is totally temporary thoughts. After 6 months I'll start taking him more seriously, but I think it would be 5 years at least before we'd do anything permanent. I've never even been on BC before, so I'm not running out for one of us to alter our bodies yet.

With us, I found that the key for me is not falling asleep while she's nursing. I wait until she's done, and then she gets 2-3 minutes to cuddle, and then she has to go into the bassinet right away. If I doze, and so she gets the chance to nurse, cuddle, nurse a minute more, cuddle, doze, nurse, etc... then she won't let me put her down again.
remind me again...did you have trouble putting her down in the bassinet before? I'm just looking for a shred of hope that sometime in the next month or so, I'll might be able to put E down for a nap...

after a good nursing and rocking of course. He's glued to me or DH all day and night long.

MW- holy moly, what a chub-a-love! I cannot believe he's 4 months old in that pic! I agree with that it's non-sense that they want us to make birth control decisions at 6wpp. I can't believe Dylan is up and rocking

on his hands and knees already! Time flies!

Annie- yes, I have many times. Definitely give it in breastmilk, water or juice. I would just put a drop in and have baby sip up to 4 times in a day.

AFM- is it normal that E still sleeps most of the day? He has up to 2-3 alert periods during the day but within an hour or so, he's looking to nurse to sleep again. He's starting to coo at us a bit so he's aware....but really sleepy.Of course, I'm talking restless sleep----maybe that's why he's so eager to get to sleep???? He's 4 weeks old today!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.