Mothering Forum banner

January 2012 Whatever Ladies Are All Done Having Their Babies!

Tags
baby
17K views 509 replies 12 participants last post by  pokeyac 
#1 ·
Member List:

lyeterae ~ Baby boy born February 2011
annie ~ Baby girl born April 7, 2011
Barefootscientist ~ Baby boy born May 30, 2011
AnnieA (due 7/18) ~ Baby girl born July 17, 2011
MarineWife (due 7/30) ~ Baby boy born July 25, 2011
Baby_Cakes (due 8/16) ~ Baby boy born August 16, 2011
MovingMomma (due 8/9) ~ Baby girl born August 18, 2011
akind1 (due 9/28) ~ Baby girl born October 11, 2011
mom2one (due 10/23) ~ Baby boy born October 21, 2011
jeninejessica (due 12/10) ~ Baby girl born November 29, 2011
Kindermama (due 1/6) ~ Baby boy born January 1, 2012

Here is the January 2012 Pregnant thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1340508/january-2012-whatever-ladies-having-babies-waiting-on-the-last-one#post_16809188

Here is last month's thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337786/december-2011-whatever-ladies-having-babies-we-are-down-to-one

See less See more
#402 ·
Look at that fat baby!!! Omg those THIGHS!! Gorgeous!!!

I'd say yes, the Freetime is pretty much the same as the 4.0. It fit him well, with 9 mo pants (the pants were just a tad short, but I think he's outgrowing them in length anyways). Here is a profile-ish pic.

2012-01-29095543.jpg?t=1327879579

So I went to the playdate and it was fun! She and I are just different in what we do -- she's pg and thinks I'm weird for homebirthing, wants her epidural, wants to bf b/c it didn't work with her first baby, etc. So, we chatted. Hopefully I'm just a good influence. I mean, to each her own, I support whatever makes a person happy. Nora and her daughter had a really good time together playing, and Finn was mellow as always. So it was good times.

Her DH works for Parents magazine and is always getting free stuff, I guess to review. They gave me a Charlie Banana OS dipe! For free! It's cute! They won't cloth diaper so I gladly took it!!

Annie - probably not what you want to advise on, but HOW do you get her to fall asleep not on you or nursing? I want to know. I've never been able to do that, and I'm curious how! I'm glad you are back to "routine" at work and able to focus on other things. You are one strong mama!! So -- she's done with surgeries now, correct??

I'm with you, JJ. If I fall asleep nursing, he's in the bed. He's in it for the night, it's just how it goes. But this week even sitting up and holding him, popping him off, and going to lay him down in the cosleeper he won't settle. He is still swaddled w/one arm out, but something is just UP. It must be developmental, idk. I mean, I know this too shall pass, but the exhaustion makes me so snippy with DD. And DH. Ugh. I know I just have to get thru it.

Kinder - YES! Totally normal to have that sleepy of a 4 week old.

#403 ·
Yes, totally normal for a 4 week to be sleeping most of the time. I remember complaining about that with Dylan. I wanted to play with him but all he did was eat and sleep.

Sleep deprivation makes me very snippy, too. I wish kids understood that.

mary kay and parents mag, idk if i could be friends with them. too mainstream.
lol.gif

i'm addicted at looking at my old photos now. look at these.

this is me and ryan as he was leaving to live with his dad. that's why i don't look very happy.

and these are just more photos of ryan with his little brothers. i love showing off his hair.

#404 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Look at that fat baby!!! Omg those THIGHS!! Gorgeous!!!

I'd say yes, the Freetime is pretty much the same as the 4.0. It fit him well, with 9 mo pants (the pants were just a tad short, but I think he's outgrowing them in length anyways). Here is a profile-ish pic.

So I went to the playdate and it was fun! She and I are just different in what we do -- she's pg and thinks I'm weird for homebirthing, wants her epidural, wants to bf b/c it didn't work with her first baby, etc. So, we chatted. Hopefully I'm just a good influence. I mean, to each her own, I support whatever makes a person happy. Nora and her daughter had a really good time together playing, and Finn was mellow as always. So it was good times.

Her DH works for Parents magazine and is always getting free stuff, I guess to review. They gave me a Charlie Banana OS dipe! For free! It's cute! They won't cloth diaper so I gladly took it!!

Annie - probably not what you want to advise on, but HOW do you get her to fall asleep not on you or nursing? I want to know. I've never been able to do that, and I'm curious how! I'm glad you are back to "routine" at work and able to focus on other things. You are one strong mama!! So -- she's done with surgeries now, correct??
Well, when we first got to the hospital last week before her surgery, I would just hold her in the recliner like I would do at home and she would go to sleep. One afternoon DH was in the room and he was asleep in the recliner so I laid her in the crib and then bent over so I was kind of laying beside her. She likes to hold my hand with my palm facing her and she grabs on to my fingers or she rubs my hand so I gave her my hand to hold. And she just sucked on her paci and went to sleep. Once she was out of her surgery and I couldn't hold her, I would do something similar to help her get to sleep. Now that we are home, I just lay her in the crib and then lay down on my side of the bed and reach over and give her my hand. She holds on and falls asleep. It wouldn't work if it was a traditional crib with all four sides. But we had already gotten to the point before we went in to the hospital where I could lay down with her not asleep and she would just suck her paci and fall asleep in my arms. I think if we were back 6 weeks ago or so and she needed to be completely asleep before I laid her down, that wouldn't work.

How do you like the Charlie Bananas dipe? I looked at those before DD was born but couldn't find enough reviews on it to be comfortable getting them.

Glad you had fun on the playdate! I have some IRL friends that are like that. They just do things differently. They aren't bad people but we have different ideas. As long as they don't critique me for my choices, no problems there. I'm like you, I just hope I'm being a positive influence for the choices I make.

#405 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
. I think if we were back 6 weeks ago or so and she needed to be completely asleep before I laid her down, that wouldn't work.

How do you like the Charlie Bananas dipe? I looked at those before DD was born but couldn't find enough reviews on it to be comfortable getting them.

Glad you had fun on the playdate! I have some IRL friends that are like that. They just do things differently. They aren't bad people but we have different ideas. As long as they don't critique me for my choices, no problems there. I'm like you, I just hope I'm being a positive influence for the choices I make.
Isn't she like 6 weeks older than Finn!? LOL. Maybe we're just going through a rough patch, then. Oh lordy I hope so!

The dipe itself is *nice*! I can't wait to wash it and see how it performs!! It looks and feels a lot like a fuzzibunz, but w/o the adjustable elastic.

Yes - as long as they don't judge me for what I do, I'm just happy to chat and share stories and see what's different. You know?

MW - Ryan's hair. Oh my gosh. Those curls! I don't blame you for being upset he cut it, lol! I love looking at old photos. I have none of myself b/c I cut ties with my family. I did contact an aunt and she send me some pics from the '80s when I was little (Nora's age) so I could show Nora. It was nice to see.

#406 ·
I hope you all know I was joking about not being friends with those people. When you mentioned Parents magazine, it made me think of all the times I've peaked at it at a doctor's office. I am always so angered by the articles.
lol.gif

I used to pay $80 every 3 months to get my hair to look like Ryan's back in 1990, the year before he was born. He had stick straight hair until he hit puberty. Then, boom! It curled into ringlets like that. I am so jealous!

#407 ·
I know you're joking, but I'm not sure I completely disagree. They're very mainstream. We really don't have a whole lot in common.
greensad.gif
she and I knew each other from middle school and reconnected on fb.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

#408 ·
*I* know that you were just joking MW! Ryan's hair was gorgeous curly...so much volume!

Baby_Cakes, hopefully your DS will turn the corner soon. It really was a gradual thing. I started to realize that I could lay down w/DD when she was sleepy but not asleep and she would just snuggle up to me and go to sleep. I'm so glad she started that before the surgery because the hospital stay would have been even more hellish if she couldn't go to sleep out of arms or eating because there were a number of days where she couldn't take anything by mouth!

O.K. so I was just reading about some of the Aveeno baby stuff being recalled because of high bacteria levels. Somehow I had missed the fact until now that Aveeno is owned by J&J. I've been considering switching to Mustela but I can't figure out who their parent company is. MW, do you know or does anyone else know?

#409 ·
Carrie ~ That's cool that you reconnected on FB. I reconnected with a bunch of people from middle and high school on FB but I could not be IRL friends with them. We are way too different now. Getting together once or twice a year in a completely non-family setting would work.

It just occurred to me that maybe Finn is getting ready to crawl. He's mastering sitting so that's the next step. That would explain the restlessness.

I don't know the parent company, if any, of Mustela. I used to use Aveeno oatmeal bath for Ethan's sensitive skin but got turned off by Aveeno a while ago because of some the ingredients in the products. Can't remember exactly what now. I only use CA Baby and other WAHM companies for skin care products for my kids. But, I don't really use much. I have soap and shampoo but they only use it occasionally. Most of the time, it's just water for a bath or shower. I've never used lotions.

#411 ·
He may be. He isn't pushing up on his arms but he's scrunching on his knees and face planting. When he falls forward from sitting, he quickly twists onto his tummy by himself.

I think maybe I'm over managing him. I only know how to deal with a high needs baby bc that's how Nora was. Tonight I put his jammies on, walked away to get his swaddler, and came back to the living room and he was asleep splayed out on the floor. I didn't know what to do. I left him there with Dh to put Nora to bed. The cat jumped and woke him, but who knows how long he would have slept there? Maybe I'm trying too hard. I really don't know!!

#412 ·
After not being able to bathe DD for the past week or so, I don't know how people say they don't bathe their babies for like months at a time. She was GROSS after a couple of days! She sweats a lot and gets all sticky. And then when she was able to eat, milk goes everywhere and she's stinky from sour milk. I tried wiping her off with just a wet wash cloth and that seemed to make it worse! I don't usually put lotion on her but she needs to have some soap to get all the sticky stinky off. I've also looked at the CA baby stuff. Guess I just need to get some and try it.

#413 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

He may be. He isn't pushing up on his arms but he's scrunching on his knees and face planting. When he falls forward from sitting, he quickly twists onto his tummy by himself.
I think maybe I'm over managing him. I only know how to deal with a high needs baby bc that's how Nora was. Tonight I put his jammies on, walked away to get his swaddler, and came back to the living room and he was asleep splayed out on the floor. I didn't know what to do. I left him there with Dh to put Nora to bed. The cat jumped and woke him, but who knows how long he would have slept there? Maybe I'm trying too hard. I really don't know!!
I was going to comment on your post on FB that maybe you just need to give him a chance to put himself to sleep? The other morning in the hospital, I could tell that DD was tired but she was all hopped up on Zofran and not ready to actually go to sleep yet. I was beyond exhausted and needed to rest some. So I put her in the crib with her favorite toy and I got in the recliner next to the crib to put my feet up. I dozed a bit and noticed that I wasn't hearing her babble as much. Her eyes were starting to get heavy and then a few minutes later, she had fallen asleep.
shrug.gif

Oh I meant to tell you guys that DD's cardiologist and I both agreed that we are not going to do her next Synagis dose and maybe not do it at all again. She won't need it next season and since she's had such a bad reaction to it, it doesn't seem worth it for two more shots. Also, since she was on bypass for her surgery, she can't get any vaccines for the next 4-6 weeks. I thought that was pretty interesting. I wasn't going to do anymore right now anyway but I thought it was interesting that her nurse specifically told me not to get any shots right now.

#414 ·
Carrie ~ I'm just thinking in terms of Dylan. Finn is only 2 weeks younger, right? He seems to following right along with Dylan. Dylan was very fussy and keeping crazy hours last week, started sitting up and trying to crawl and things have settled a bit.

Annie ~ Have you tried bathing Ava in just water without soap? I don't not bathe Dylan. I just don't use soap. Water washes everything off if he can soak long enough. He's not stinky or sticky after a bath without soap. Maybe there's something about being in the hospital that makes her need to be bathed more.
shrug.gif

I was told many years ago by a naturopath to hydrate the skin from the inside out. lotions are really not good for the skin no matter how natural they are. soaps and shampoos dry out the skin by washing off the healthy, natural oils. so, if you stop using soaps to wash your body, your skin will restore itself.

#415 ·
I read along - and never answer. I am a stalker!!
lol.gif

AnnieA - I am sooo happy you guys are home! I hope Ava doesn't need anything else for a long, long, loooooong time
thumb.gif
It actually doesn't surprise me at all that Ava is not supposed to get any shots for awhile. They are really hard even on a healthy body - much less one that has been through something so major.

My babies start going to bed by themselves at about 6ish months. I just wait until they are tired but not OVERtired. With my non nursing haters I would nurse them and then carry them upstairs and lay them down. With A - I had to nurse her in my bed - but I would still not *wait* until she was sleeping. Sometimes she fell asleep, but not usually.

*disclaimer* sometimes they do make noise. I don't necessarily run to get them. I don't consider what they do *crying it out* because they are never actually crying, and if they DO start crying I will go get them. HOWEVER, they do talk, whine, etc. to themselves.

All three of my kids have been able to put themselves to sleep by 6ish months - and they are ALL very different personality and needs wise. PLUS they go through rough patches even after they have been self-soothing. I remember when M was teething at like 15 months I would be up for two hours at a time some nights
sleepytime.gif

My baby is so much older than all of yours! She is almost 10 months old
bigeyes.gif

MW - Ryan's hair is beautiful! Sheesh. I have never had a super chunky baby. My sister's last baby was 22 pounds at 7 months! Craaaazy. My husbands paternal side of the family is Italian. His dad is only 5'3" and his paternal grandma was only 4'11" or something like that. He is 5'10" - but I am glad we have all girls.............

How does it go with Ryan's dad?

I sometimes wonder how it will play out will K's bio-mom. The last time we heard from her was a little over two years ago. She filed some kind of court thing. We decided to put the past behind us, she would sign her rights over, and we would come to a signed agreement (through the courts) that she would get pictures and letters X amount of times a year.

The only stipulation was that she had to start writing K letters so they could get to know each other that way (K doesn't know her at all). She called a few times wanting to just talk to her, and when we said "no, you need to start with letters" she stopped contacting us at all.
banghead.gif
Whatev, not my problem. I have done all I can for K and think of her as my own, so she won't have any beef with me!

#416 ·
oh, I forgot

AnnieA - I am one of the people who can go weeks without giving my *babies* baths. As soon as they start crawling, feeding themselves though, its all over!! I have to bathe A more than any of my other kids now.

I don't usually put lotion on (my kids or me)........mostly from laziness. My hands were hurting me though, because I was washing them so much at work and with the baby. I started putting extra virgin olive oil on them and HOLY COW! A miracle I tell ya! Of course, that stuff is expensive - but if you have extra dry skin for whatever reason. It is totally worth it. Hmmmm - I might try olive oil on J's face. She has little bumps on her face like I get on my arms........I bet she is gonna hate that when she gets older. Crap.
lol.gif

Huh, now that I think about it - I also don't usually lather up with soap. Once again - lazy. Maybe that is why I don't *need* lotion.

#417 ·
ACK!

Also, I bet once Ava is off all of her med's she might stop sweating so much. Wasn't she on different things like aspirin and stuff?

At this rate I will get to 1000 posts in no time
hide.gif

#418 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindermama View Post

remind me again...did you have trouble putting her down in the bassinet before? I'm just looking for a shred of hope that sometime in the next month or so, I'll might be able to put E down for a nap...

after a good nursing and rocking of course. He's glued to me or DH all day and night long.

AFM- is it normal that E still sleeps most of the day? He has up to 2-3 alert periods during the day but within an hour or so, he's looking to nurse to sleep again. He's starting to coo at us a bit so he's aware....but really sleepy.Of course, I'm talking restless sleep----maybe that's why he's so eager to get to sleep???? He's 4 weeks old today!
For the first month probably solid, yeah, it was a fight every night to get her into the bassinet. I think it was literally when I tried changing it and putting her down right away instead of waiting longer, that she actually started sleeping in the bassinet. And now, she's just been slowly increasing how long she'll stay in there for. And the crib is new within the last few days. Naptimes are still hard though, but getting better. Nights she's fairly solid, and will sleep in the bassinet, but yeah, the daytime naps are touch and go still.

But there's hope! It --is-- better, even though it feels like it's taking forever.

And Tenley is much the same with her awake time-- it's really not often, even now. For awake time that she is awake and happy, not while being nursed, changed, bathed or actively soothed back to sleep... I'd say she still only does maybe 2 hours total a day, and she's almost 9 weeks now. She only lasts about half an hour awake and happy babbling before she starts on her way back to sleep again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

After not being able to bathe DD for the past week or so, I don't know how people say they don't bathe their babies for like months at a time. She was GROSS after a couple of days! She sweats a lot and gets all sticky. And then when she was able to eat, milk goes everywhere and she's stinky from sour milk. I tried wiping her off with just a wet wash cloth and that seemed to make it worse! I don't usually put lotion on her but she needs to have some soap to get all the sticky stinky off. I've also looked at the CA baby stuff. Guess I just need to get some and try it.
Same! I think it's to do with the puke, but she downright stinks after two days. I'll go to cuddle her, and my stomach will turn because all I can smell is sour vomit. :( I can't wait until the reflux gets better and she smells normal most of the time, insead of only for half hour or so after her bath. lol

MW-- I couldn't see the photos. Not sure if it was something with my computer or not. I'll have to try later.

Frustrated right now about vaccination choices. We looked through the Sears book, compared it to info online, and basically it boils down to that we want her to get vaxed against pertussis, and the prevnar one. Except that there is no solely pertussis vaccine, and while I think the pneumo is worth vaxxing against... I'm hesitant about the prevnar shot itself. Sigh. So basically if I want o vax for pertussis, which I do feel is warranted, then we have to give her DTaP at the least. Or I can add in Hib and Polio... and that's just the shot she's scheduled for. And then... there's the whole decision for prevnar. Looking through the information about the pneumo... it does seem serious and frequent enough to worry about. But it seems like |Prevnar is one of the ones that you hear the most complications and reactions to.

Gah. Why haven't they made a pertussis only shot? It seems like there's demand from it, just based on google information. I guess we'll keep researching until something 'feels right'

#419 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

For the first month probably solid, yeah, it was a fight every night to get her into the bassinet. I think it was literally when I tried changing it and putting her down right away instead of waiting longer, that she actually started sleeping in the bassinet. And now, she's just been slowly increasing how long she'll stay in there for. And the crib is new within the last few days. Naptimes are still hard though, but getting better. Nights she's fairly solid, and will sleep in the bassinet, but yeah, the daytime naps are touch and go still.

Frustrated right now about vaccination choices. We looked through the Sears book, compared it to info online, and basically it boils down to that we want her to get vaxed against pertussis, and the prevnar one. Except that there is no solely pertussis vaccine, and while I think the pneumo is worth vaxxing against... I'm hesitant about the prevnar shot itself.

Gah. Why haven't they made a pertussis only shot? It seems like there's demand from it, just based on google information. I guess we'll keep researching until something 'feels right'
JJ- thanks for sharing! gives me hope! Our ped (who is super holistic and sees tons of family who selectively vax or don't vax at all) will not give the Prevnar shot at the same time/day as any other shots for that reason. Weird because she usually gives all the other vaccines in that one dose shot that they have out now. I'm all for the tetanus shot...but nothing else. Ped was trying to sway us into getting our two younger girls the DTap shot because Pertussis is going around town and she thought it would help protect E. My response: I'm not vaccinated so he won't be protected after all and I'm not getting a shot! Dh really wants me to seriously consider it though. I dunno.

MW- I couldn't see the pics either. Just a bunch of boxes with Xs in the corners

Carrie- I think maybe you're convincing me to give the Freetimes a try in the future. I still don't like the feel of suedecloth..but it's stay dry so that's all that matters! My boy is outgrowing all the newborn dipes this week! We just moved him to size 1 disposables too (we use them here and there)

#420 ·
Where to begin? I feel like I should have been taking notes as I read!

Our ped, who I really like, said with Pertussis, although it's common, mostly it makes babies miserable with all the coughing and you need to watch their intake if they should contract it - so they don't get dehydrated or malnourished. She still recommends DTaP, but I do appreciate that she isn't into scare tactics. For us, we still very much agree on not vaxing our kids at all. I might feel differently if we lived in an area or time where the diseases were more prevelant and less treatable.

Getting baby to sleep with out nursing or holding - Norah likes to hold your hand too as she falls asleep - I put my palm sort of chest level and she grabs it with both of her hands. I love it!

MW: Love Ryan's hair! I always hope that pregnancy or something will turn my hair curly. So far, only thicker (as in amount, not texture) and darker. still straight as a pin.

I love my BG 4.0.

Carrie (and everyone else too) have you looked on FB or something to see if you have a local babywearing group? that is where I've met my awesomely crunchy IRL friends. There is a a mama there that fully vaxes (alot of us choose to delay/selective/non) but I know she's done her research and just come to a different conclusion than we did. I have a lot less problems with that than IRL friends that just blindly give their babies shots because someone said so. A lot of cloth diaper, co sleep, extended breastfeed, NIP without covers, etc. Its so nice to be able to talk about that stuff with IRL people wo understand!

Norah is awake and happy a ton now! she is such a happy easy baby.

I know I'm forgetting tons. but will catch up later.

#421 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

Carrie ~ I'm just thinking in terms of Dylan. Finn is only 2 weeks younger, right? He seems to following right along with Dylan. Dylan was very fussy and keeping crazy hours last week, started sitting up and trying to crawl and things have settled a bit.
Yes I think they're like 2 weeks apart. Oh that gives me hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie2186 View Post

*disclaimer* sometimes they do make noise. I don't necessarily run to get them. I don't consider what they do *crying it out* because they are never actually crying, and if they DO start crying I will go get them. HOWEVER, they do talk, whine, etc. to themselves.

All three of my kids have been able to put themselves to sleep by 6ish months - and they are ALL very different personality and needs wise. PLUS they go through rough patches even after they have been self-soothing. I remember when M was teething at like 15 months I would be up for two hours at a time some nights
sleepytime.gif
Nora would have been full out screaming if I ever tried this with her, no matter what her age, lol. Honestly, this past month (and she's 3) was our first real breakthru with sleep. She's finally going to sleep on her own. And sleeping thru the night. It took 3 years but damnit, she's doing it herself!! I hope she doesn't regress, but even if she does, I know she *can* do it, so I know we'll get thru that too.

This is helpful to hear though, b/c I definitely want to be more hands off with Finn if I can. He seems to be able to fall asleep on his own and is/was a better sleeper than Nora, so I want to harness that!! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

Yes!!

We split them up and do the dtap with hib in one visit, and then in a few weeks do prevnar with polio. I alternate until both series' are complete. Then I'll start something new. Idk. It's a lot of visits, but it's worth it to me to split them up and only do 2 shots per visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

I love my BG 4.0.

Carrie (and everyone else too) have you looked on FB or something to see if you have a local babywearing group? that is where I've met my awesomely crunchy IRL friends. There is a a mama there that fully vaxes (alot of us choose to delay/selective/non) but I know she's done her research and just come to a different conclusion than we did. I have a lot less problems with that than IRL friends that just blindly give their babies shots because someone said so. A lot of cloth diaper, co sleep, extended breastfeed, NIP without covers, etc. Its so nice to be able to talk about that stuff with IRL people wo understand!
Me too!

I should try to find a group. I met 2 moms through the Target Nurse-In, which was great, but we have yet to get together. Thanks for the idea.

AFUs - we had a better night last night! I tried to be more hands off, like I said, and it really did work. I put him in the cosleeper after nursing him, and he fussed. He went, "wahhh, wahhh, wahhh -- " then found his thumb, started sucking, and fell asleep. I was like, whoa. Ok. He woke 2 hours later, nursed him, put him back -- same thing. Fussed for a few seconds, and then found his thumb, went to sleep. He woke every 2 hours or so, but after 4 am I just brought him in the bed and nursed him lying down.

Oh -- I took off the swaddler though once I brought him in bed. It *really* helped, I think. He had better ability to roll around and kick, and position himself to latch on alone. I popped him off every time and didn't let him (or me) fall asleep nursing, and each time he settled himself within a few minutes.

One of my girlfriends is having her 1st baby next month, and man. Her comments to me on my FB are pushing my buttons!! She took a parenting class and she thinks she's an expert on EVERYTHING now. If she weren't 8 mo pregnant, I give her a serious piece of my mind. And she delivers her comments with little tact. Ugh. A class just cannot prepare you for how babies rock your world.

#422 ·
Carrie ~ Just LOL and make some sarcastic comment about how people always think they know everything about kids before they have any.
winky.gif

You guys can't see the pics I posted on here or through the link to my albums?

I got lazy with the album sharing and didn't check to see if they were public or if I had to set up a password. While setting up the sharing site, it said I didn't need passwords so maybe all my albums are private. I'll have to see about that because I don't really want to make them public for anyone to view. There are a lot of naked baby pics that I don't want to end up floating around on the internet. It's also a Beta thing so all the glitches may not have been worked out. I actually couldn't view the photos in the albums when I clicked on them. The site seemed to think it opened up the albums but I just got blank pages.

annie ~ I almost mentioned using natural oils on the skin if it's dry and/or cracked, as long as there are no added perfumes or anything like that. We use coconut oil here. My neighbor from Spain uses olive oil for everything. Kukui oil was a big one in Hawaii.

#423 ·
Carrie - that's great! I like to let babies figure out stuff if they can. I still think Norah will be a thumb sucker, but right now she's still on the paci. I really want her to be a thumb baby, is that bad?

I almost always pop Norah off the boob at some point at night, else she'd pop off and on for hours. stick the paci in and she goes right to sleep.

My sister is like that, and she's not even pregnant! LOL

we helped her move this weekend and she was admiring my mad wrapping skillz. LOL I am so GLAD that she admires it and just doesn't think its weird. evidentally their former roomates have a high-needs baby and she said Norah is so happy and easy in comparison.

oh, we went to the mall and we got stopped by a pregnant couple asking about my woven wrap (I had Norah in a one shouldered front carry) and that was cool, except they asked if you could wear a baby facing out in it. I said you *could* but you shouldn't because it's bad for their spines. they looked so disappointed! why do people want to wear babies facing out? I said you can wear baby on your back if they want to look around, or on your hip.

OOOH and I cut my hair shorter. when I can, I will get and post a pic :)

#424 ·
I could see them.

oh, and Norah gets bathed once a week. with soap because I like the smell. (it's the aveeno calming stuff) though maybe I need to switch now. we don't use lotion.

we tried coconut oil on her scalp for the cradle cap. it combined with her natural scent is just awful. we switched to using pure lavendar oil instead.

#426 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

we tried coconut oil on her scalp for the cradle cap. it combined with her natural scent is just awful. we switched to using pure lavendar oil instead.
If you use coconut oil (I have never used lavender oil so that might work too) in the bath, let is soak, and then comb in off with a fine tooth comb - it goes away and doesn't come back! My sister taught me that trick. Her three year old had really really bad cradle cap - and that was the only thing that work.

Carrie - we will see how well she fares when she has her baby
orngtongue.gif
. I had a TON of experience with babies/kids and I still knew it was going to be hard.......and it was.

I am about to use olive oil on my feet. They are pretty dry and nasty
whistling.gif

AFU - I am pretty sure M has strep. She has had a pretty high fever since Friday and I looked at her throat last night and it had the white pustule things. DH is taking her in today to get her (and his) throat cultured. I guess HE has had a sore throat for about 3 or 4 weeks............hmmmmmm - don't you think you MIGHT want to get that checked out?!? Boys.

I am going to forsure get some probiotics if she has to go on antibiotics. Do you guys think I can give her kefir while she is taking the antibiotics?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.