January 2012 Whatever Ladies Are All Done Having Their Babies! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Member List:

lyeterae ~ Baby boy born February 2011
annie ~ Baby girl born April 7, 2011
Barefootscientist ~ Baby boy born May 30, 2011
AnnieA (due 7/18) ~ Baby girl born July 17, 2011
MarineWife (due 7/30) ~ Baby boy born July 25, 2011
Baby_Cakes (due 8/16) ~ Baby boy born August 16, 2011
MovingMomma (due 8/9) ~ Baby girl born August 18, 2011
akind1 (due 9/28) ~ Baby girl born October 11, 2011
mom2one (due 10/23) ~ Baby boy born October 21, 2011
jeninejessica (due 12/10) ~ Baby girl born November 29, 2011
Kindermama (due 1/6) ~ Baby boy born January 1, 2012

Here is the January 2012 Pregnant thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1340508/january-2012-whatever-ladies-having-babies-waiting-on-the-last-one#post_16809188

Here is last month's thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1337786/december-2011-whatever-ladies-having-babies-we-are-down-to-one

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#2 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Can you believe we've all had our babies?! And a New Year's baby, too. How fun!

We had almost 50/50 boys and girls. There's one more boy but that's because we have an odd number in our group. How cool is that?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#3 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 09:14 AM

I can't believe we made it to LwAB!!  Yay for us!  We've all been together since CTA, right?

Am I reading the title of our thread wrong?  Isn't it 2012? Or is it b/c we started in '10?  When did we all start our whatevering?  I forget.

Kinder - gorgeous!!  I think that nursing is normal. Bring that milk in, baby!! Such a sweetheart.  Enjoy your babymoon!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh! Carrie. It's a typo. I tried to edit the title but can't find how. Used to be when you went to "edit" you could choose Advanced or something like that to edit the title but I can't find that anymore and I don't know what else to do. Do you know how to change it?

#5 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 09:39 AM

hmm , everytime i start a thread, theres been an option to edit title up at the top.  its not there?  lol. nbd.  glad im not crazy.

oh, do u still use the milksavers?  i was thinking of getting them, but not sure i leak enough anymore. i still need pads, but idk if its worth it.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#6 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 10:50 AM

Yay kinder for a fast delivery of baby Everest!

I never was in CTA group. We did CTA for prob 6 months before whatevering. But weren't strict, bc e were open to close spacing. This time we are not, and I haven't anything to chart anyway, so it's just condoms for now, though I am seriously considering Mirena.

Wore Gabe in the Boba today for the first time on ages! He is wanting to be carried so much, and that is exhausting. So I dug out our Boba. He tolerated it better than I thought he would.

Hope everyone had a great new Year's! I am so looking forward to watching our babies grow his year!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#7 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 AM

notes.gif

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#8 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

i found it. there's an "edit thread" button above the title. i was trying to edit through the first post.

carrie ~ i do not use my milksaver anymore. i'm still leaking enough to need pads but it's not enough to make an effort to collect. if i use it every time i nurse, i might get an ounce a day. not worth the effort to me. if you'd like, i'll send you mine and you can try it. i've been meaning to find someone to pass it on to, anyway. although, don't you have a pump?

one of these days i'll have time to post about D's sleeping lately. it's really quite amazing.

#9 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Wore Gabe in the Boba today for the first time on ages! He is wanting to be carried so much, and that is exhausting. So I dug out our Boba. He tolerated it better than I thought he would.

Hope everyone had a great new Year's! I am so looking forward to watching our babies grow his year!

Nice using it for Gabe!  What's the weight limit on it?  I could go look it up I suppose.  I bet Nora could still ride.  She's only 33 lbs.

I'm looking fwd to seeing all the babies grow too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

i found it. there's an "edit thread" button above the title. i was trying to edit through the first post.
carrie ~ i do not use my milksaver anymore. i'm still leaking enough to need pads but it's not enough to make an effort to collect. if i use it every time i nurse, i might get an ounce a day. not worth the effort to me. if you'd like, i'll send you mine and you can try it. i've been meaning to find someone to pass it on to, anyway. although, don't you have a pump?
one of these days i'll have time to post about D's sleeping lately. it's really quite amazing.

That's what I was thinking, that I don't need every little ounce.  I pump sporadically, but get plenty when I pump.  I have a pretty decent stash, and haven't needed to use it.  I'm hoping soon DH and I can ask the ILS to babysit both kids, and we can get a late lunch/early dinner.  I would love that.  

I want to hear about amazing sleep!

We had a great night last night.  I consider it a good night when Finn nurses, goes back down w/o a fuss, and sleeps longer than 45 min.  I don't mind 3-4 nursings a night as long as he goes right back to sleep.  I'm at the point now where I'm pretty good at sleeping sitting up holding him.  A few times recently I've fallen asleep with him horizontal in my arms and not realized it until he woke up to nurse again. lol.gif  Anyway last night was good.  Especially b/c he went back down after his 5 am nursing and we slept til almost 9!  All of us!  Even DH and Nora!

#10 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Haha, Carrie! I think Nora weighs about the same as Kellen, who is a year older. Did you see the photos of the boys eating shrimp cocktail that I posted on FB on NYE? The boy from next door is in them. He's only 3 or 4 months older than Ethan. You can see the huge size difference. My kids are soooooooooooo small. Ethan, who'll be 8 in less than 2 weeks, only weighs 48 lbs.

Dylan is not sleeping through the night or anything like. He does seem to be drifting off to sleep sometimes without needing to nurse or anything. He fell asleep in the car the other. When I got home and got him out, he woke up. I decided to try laying him down anyway and he just went right back to sleep, no squirming or fussing at all. Nights are kind of blurry for me so I'm not sure what is going on. It seems, though, that he wakes up sometimes and then just goes back to sleep. A few times he's been nursing and continually popping on and off until I couldn't take it anymore. I put my boob away and rolled over. He was laying on his back and then was just asleep. No fuss or anything.

#11 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 12:23 PM

MW, that neighbor kid is a giant! I think he's bigger than my 11 yr old!

akind1, that's awesome you could get Gabe in the carrier. Probably makes things a lot easier!

I'm so excited that we are in LWAB! And I love the title of the thread BTW!

I think I will probably do avocado for DD's first food. My sister's girls both loved that when they were her age and she could use the extra fat. Now the question will be when should I give it to her? If I go by weeks, i.e. 24 weeks instead of 6 months, she turned 24 weeks yesterday. But she won't be 6 months until Jan. 17. So what should I do? I guess two more weeks isn't that big of a deal. If I can hold her off that long! She is very close to just swiping stuff out of my hands at this point! She will not be deterred by practicing with silverware. She wants food!

She is also getting better about going to sleep sort of on her own. I can lay down with her in my arms still awake and she will just suck on her paci or play with it and fall asleep. So nice especially in the middle of the night when I used to have to sit up and wait for her to fall asleep before I could lay her back down.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#12 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

I think that rather than going too much by dates, it's better to go by baby's development as far as when to start solids. You can always give her a piece now to see if she eats it. She may not actually get much in her mouth and more likely just play with it and must it. Be ready for some mess!

Carrie ~ I was thinking about the people buying the Baby Bullet. If they formula feed, starting baby a little earlier on purees might not be such a bad thing. Those babies wouldn't have a virgin gut, anyway, and it seems to me that real food would be better than the formula.

#13 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Hmmm, I'll think about it some more. I don't have a high chair for her yet so I would have to put her in the bumbo and she's still not great in that. I'll probably wait a few more weeks.

Re: purees. I think they are silly. But a lot of people use them. My goddaughter's parents still feed her a lot of purees and she'll be 2 in March. Yes, 2. They also use all those Gerber toddler meals and I think it's silly. But it's their kid. shrug.gif I would rather just give me baby food off my plate. So much easier than making a separate meal for the baby/toddler.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#14 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Those toddler meals are ridiculous. I think parents who use them think they are more nutritious for their toddlers than anything they could make. The fact is that they are very unhealthy according to the amount of salt, at least, that's in them. I read an article (maybe it was a blog) about that a while ago. It compared the salt and maybe the fat content of those toddler meals to those in a Happy Meal or something like that and they were very similar.

Why would anyone feed a 2yo purees? That makes no sense at all.

#15 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 01:06 PM

It is quite strange I agree. The month that I was working 8-5, I would go over at lunchtime to see DD and so O would be eating her lunch during that time. M frequently mixes up rice cereal with some sort of puree and gives it to O for lunch. Her justification is that she won't eat some of those fruits and veggies in their whole form so she likes giving her the purees so she can get a variety. headscratch.gif Her feeding habits of O is one of the big reasons why I asked to go to nights and weekends so DD wasn't there as often. I am almost completely certain that if DD was there 9 hours a day still, M would be feeding her rice cereal and purees even if I said no. She just does whatever she wants. That's fine if it's her baby but doesn't work with mine.

Those toddler meals drive me nuts. When I had O for the weekend, she packed all those meals for her and I was trying to be respectful and feed her what she had packed because I would want her to do the same w/my DD if I packed special food for her but it was hard. It goes against all of my beliefs WRT food for little ones.

#16 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

I'm so excited that we are in LWAB! And I love the title of the thread BTW!

I agree!

Quote:

Those toddler meals are ridiculous. I think parents who use them think they are more nutritious for their toddlers than anything they could make. The fact is that they are very unhealthy according to the amount of salt, at least, that's in them. I read an article (maybe it was a blog) about that a while ago. It compared the salt and maybe the fat content of those toddler meals to those in a Happy Meal or something like that and they were very similar.

I agree with this too!  And SO EXPENSIVE!  

My goodness, just feed your baby what you eat!  But then again -- what is the SAD?  Maybe b/c it's not much better, people don't realize?  If most american families are eating out or eating fast food, is it any different?  I did a few quick searches but couldn't find anything reliable.  A few news sites said that only 40 some odd percent have home cooked meals more than 3 days a week.  

That's true about the bullet.  However, I still think that at the very least for a small baby (3-6 months, maybe even until age 1) formula has to be more nutritious for their developing brains than rice cereal or fruit, or even a vegetable.  I think you are supposed to mix the cereal with formula so at least they still get that.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I was trying to be respectful and feed her what she had packed because I would want her to do the same w/my DD if I packed special food for her but it was hard. It goes against all of my beliefs WRT food for little ones.

I agree with your logic and would do the same, and would feel the same way about it.  I know plenty of ppl think it's crazy my kids are vegan, but I would be very upset if they disrespected our beliefs and fed my kids meat or dairy b/c they thought it was better.  

#17 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I still think that at the very least for a small baby (3-6 months, maybe even until age 1) formula has to be more nutritious for their developing brains than rice cereal or fruit, or even a vegetable.

Oh, hm. I hadn't thought of that. The purees would be fed in conjunction with the formula, right? And, I assume they would feed a rounded diet of purees but, of course, I could be wrong. You can puree meats as well so I wouldn't think it would just be fruits and veggies. Maybe so, though. I don't really know what people make with those things.

What's in formula that's so special? From what I understand, it's just supposed to be the proper balance of protein, carbs and fats with vitamins, minerals and maybe DHA and other fad supplements added. What would be lacking if you fed a well-rounded diet of pureed foods?

The SAD is definitely something to consider. I didn't realize the number of people who eat out that regularly was so high. Are the stats that differentiate between singles, couples and families with kids? That would be interesting because I can see how lumping all of those groups together would skew things a bit. Although, I guess with so many single parent and dual-working parent families, there isn't much time to make dinner during the week so many families with kids probably do eat out a lot.

Annie ~ Maybe she packed those meals because she thought it would be easier for you? If you are ever in that position again, you could just mention that it's not a problem at all to feed her child whatever the rest of you are eating and see what she says.

#18 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I forgot to mention something. Dylan was napping and woke up way too soon, only about 45 minutes later. I could hear him on the monitor moving around and making noise but he wasn't fussing so I didn't rush to get him. I continued to knit for a little while and then realized all was quiet again. I went to check on him (it scared me that I couldn't hear him anymore) and he was sleeping again. Now I feel kind of bad but, like I said, he wasn't even fussing much less crying.

#19 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Annie ~ Maybe she packed those meals because she thought it would be easier for you? If you are ever in that position again, you could just mention that it's not a problem at all to feed her child whatever the rest of you are eating and see what she says.

No, that's what they feed her at home too. We've gone over for dinner and they make this awesome meal that would be so easy to just feed to her too and then they heat up this prepackaged ravioli crap. I just don't get it.

As long as D wasn't fussing, he was probably fine. DD has gotten better at going back to sleep if she wakes up when coming out of REM cycle. But I usually have to go in with her and lay down. If I wait too long, then she starts talking to me and playing with my face...hahaha!

#20 of 510 Old 01-02-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

We had a great night last night.  I consider it a good night when Finn nurses, goes back down w/o a fuss, and sleeps longer than 45 min.  I don't mind 3-4 nursings a night as long as he goes right back to sleep.  I'm at the point now where I'm pretty good at sleeping sitting up holding him.  A few times recently I've fallen asleep with him horizontal in my arms and not realized it until he woke up to nurse again. lol.gif  Anyway last night was good.  Especially b/c he went back down after his 5 am nursing and we slept til almost 9!  All of us!  Even DH and Nora!

Totally agree. Last night was one of those where I woke up to DD rooting and was like 'geeze kid, you just finished..." only to realized that two hours had passed. I completely fell asleep either while she was nursing, or just after she pulled off. I don't even remember. Those are the times that make me nervous to be co-sleeping, because I was completely not alert to the fact that she was there laying on top of me. A bit too tired I was! lol

Quote:

Why would anyone feed a 2yo purees? That makes no sense at all.

Working in the last daycare I worked in was a bit wakeup call. The kids all brought their own food, and this was in one of the nicest areas of the city. I worked in the infant room- so 10 months to 2 years... and let me tell you, some of the meals they were sent with were just sad. One particular kid, who was just short of two, almost every single day, he got; a yogurt, some form of cookies, applsesauce, his bottle and either lipton chicken noodle soup or kraft dinner. He would cry when we put it on his tray-- heartbreaking! In contrast, there was another kid, who just turned a year, who totally changed the way I think about 'baby food', because his parents did exactly what we're all talking about-- he got real food every day. So for instance he would come in with green beans cut tiny, with cheese over them, and roast pork in tiny pieces, and then avacado. Or he might have lasagna, or tiny pieces of chicken breast with quinoa or something. And the kid -loved- to eat, and would eat absolutely anything you cut in front of him. It really opened my eyes to what you -could- feed a toddler as opposed to what we're taught that you 'should'.

DD tries to put herself to sleep sometimes, but hasn't been successful. But it's cute to look at her, and you can -see- her squeezing her eyes shut and concentrating. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#21 of 510 Old 01-03-2012, 03:40 AM

Re: purees - I did both things. Sometimes Gabe ate off our plates, and sometimes he would have some purees. Why? because he liked that texture of food. He gobbled it up. I did do jars (Earth's best and beech nut. I don't like Gerber. can't articulate why, other than industry insanity) but only because making my own was too much for my sense of laziness.

The purees in the squeezey pouches - like plum organics, etc  - Gabe will still eat those. He will ask for them on the baby food aisle. And because they are a healthy option for a snack, I don't tell him no.

Things that are meant to be purees or similiar sorts of textures- applesauce for example - He loves creamed sweet potato. Bean dip. guacamole. yoghurt, ice cream . .

Now, I was not the parent that brings baby jars to restaurants with us. For that, Gabe always ate off our plates. Shoot, I never even packed bibs. I rarely remember a sippy cup.

ITA those gerber meals are silly. Also they are meant to be nuked, and microwaving things isn't the best way to heat food. it loses some its nutritional value that way. I've always thought "kid food" was silly . . . but my 2 year old really does love chicken nuggets and fish sticks and hot dogs. oh well.

as for weight limit on Boba, IDK, like 35 lbs maybe? or 40? Gabe is around 25 more or less, so well within that mark.

Norah will fall asleep in her rocker. Nights are also kind of blurry for me. I am not a huge clock watcher, but if I am awake enough I notice. but sometimes she just wants her hand on my boob and goes back to sleep.

I wish my kids werent' so picky about how I lay with them when we co sleep; my side is achy! once in a while I can sleep on my back, but first Gabe (he sleeps on his own now), and now Norah prefer me to sleep facing them.

ETA: baby pic! Norah is 12 weeks today! and 12 lbs 3 oz and 24 inches long!

b3f7fa40.jpg

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#22 of 510 Old 01-03-2012, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

Those are the times that make me nervous to be co-sleeping, because I was completely not alert to the fact that she was there laying on top of me.

I think that shows just the opposite. You were more aware than you realize. You woke to her rooting. That's exactly what is supposed to happen. thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

It really opened my eyes to what you -could- feed a toddler as opposed to what we're taught that you 'should'.

Those businesses that make food are really good at marketing. They even trick the medical professionals, who are supposed to know better, into believing their garbage.

#23 of 510 Old 01-03-2012, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

So cute, Kat! The sleeping positions might get better with time. D used to insist that I sleep on my side facing him whether nursing or not. He would fuss and not settle if I didn't. Lately, though, things have changed. I can roll onto my back or even turn completely the other way and cuddle with E or K for a little bit and D is ok.

I've seen someone feeding her baby those pouch foods. I wondered what they were. I thought it was some sort of premixed, portable formula. My kids aren't really into "kid" food. K likes corn dogs. They beg me to get those nasty Kid Cuisine meals at the grocery store. I would usually let them each get one until I realized they only wanted them for the desserts, the brownies and gummi bits. I said, "Hey, I can get you a lot more dessert for the same amount of money." lol.gif

#24 of 510 Old 01-03-2012, 06:39 AM

the brownies in those were awesome!

LOL - people usually are so surprised that Gabe eats sushi, fried rice, curry and well, everything except raw tomatoes. (a dislike that he must have inherited from both DH and I, if that's possible).  but he does also like the pouches; but we didn't really do those until he could do them on his own. There are some interesting flavors - usually fruit + veggi combos.

but I don't mind him eating "kid" food; just sort of surprised he likes it so much!

#25 of 510 Old 01-03-2012, 07:10 AM

I did a little googling (didn't have time to really look) but found some interesting links.

This is on how/where america eats. It's broken down in many ways.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/20/opinion/polls/main1060315.shtml

This one talks about formula vs bm vs whole milk and why both are better for babies than whole milk.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/91781-infant-formula-vs.-whole-milk/

This one talks about intro'ing solids.

http://www.healthychildren.org/english/ages-stages/baby/feeding-nutrition/pages/Switching-To-Solid-Foods.aspx?nfstatus=401&nftoken=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&nfstatusdescription=ERROR%3a+No+local+token

I think it's interesting and worth noting that despite introducing solids, the aap's stance is to keep bfing until one year despite doing solids.  It has to fill some gaps that aren't present in meats/fruits/grains/veggies.  Otherwise babies could just drink pureed adult food and we know that isn't the case.  They need the fatty acids, etc, for brain development.

Kat - out of curiousity, how old was gabe when you did the purees/whole foods?  I think age makes a difference.  If a baby is just shy of 4 months, thats different to me than spoon feeding a 6-9 month old.  In my "research" so many moms put cereal in bottles and started spoon feeding at mere weeks old!  Insane to me.

JJ - I agree with MW, that innate sense of where Tenley is IS what keeps cosleeping safe.  You think you aren't aware but you really are.  I think tho, if you aren't comfortable like that then you compromise -- which is exactly what you're doing.

Kat - Happy 12 weeks to Norah!!  That is one cute baby and such a pretty dipe!!  Aww!!

MW - since you brought it up I hope you don't feel like I'm prying.  Are you still in touch with Ryan's dad?  

#26 of 510 Old 01-03-2012, 08:08 AM

Carrie: right around 6 months. we actually did "whole" food first - like asparagus spears, lemon slices, pizza crust (it was good pizza, not junk), french fries . . . then kind of backed into purees - we had the bean dip and sweet potato casserole (the mush kind, not chunks) at a family gathering and he just totally dug those textures. So we would feed him a jar about once a day (we forgot a lot of days) until he was nearly a year old. then we started doing the pouches out of curiousity and he liked those. he still does. Only fruits and veggies. he really doesn't like pureed meat. Except in the form of sausage or hot dogs.  Granted, during this whole time, we continued to offer him "whole" foods too. It just when he actually wanted to eat, rather than gum things, he liked the smooth textures. Once he got more teeth - around the 1 year mark - he bit off more and would chew.

I don't like the notion that babies "have" to be fed anything solid. DH's family scoffs when I say not to feed Norah anything, because they all started feeding their babies at least rice cereal by 8 weeks, and upped the solids from there. And of course, all their kids turned out "fine" (of course by that, they mean relatively healthy. DH himself is borderline diabetic and most of his cousins and himself struggle with their weight) but that couldn't have anything to do with what or how they ate as babies (insert rolling eys here)

JJ; you have to do whatever you are comfortable with, but it's amazing how subconciously aware we are of babies in bed with us. I honestly need to be at least close enough to hear a baby breathe in order to sleep well. (but that's me). I don't know if DH is really aware of where the baby is, but he conciously clings to his edge of the king sized bed. When it's just him and baby in bed, the baby usually sleeps in the crook of his arm. (regardless of age of said baby - DS still does when Wayne will nap with him).

#27 of 510 Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 AM

Haha except in the form of hot dogs!  LOL! biglaugh.gif

Idk, we never made a point to feed Nora.  I mean, she got a bowl of steel cut oats in the morning, or pancakes, most days, once she was feeding herself.  When we'd go out I'd bring cheerios/Annie's O's.  I never worried about her getting enough to eat until she was completely weaned.  I knew bf'ing would take care of her needs, and solids were mostly for exploration.

OMG.  I just weighed Finn.  19 lbs 9 oz (19.6 lbs)!  He's not even 5 mo!

#28 of 510 Old 01-03-2012, 08:38 AM

As far as introducing solids - I know some moms who wait until the exact day that their baby turns 6 months to start solids - which I think is kind of strange.  I thought it had more to do with being developmentally ready - not some magic age.  IDK - I did start both of my DDs on solids earlier than 6 months - they were ready for it.  Not sure what we will do with DS - I guess we'll wait and see.

We co-sleep most of the time for the reason that Kat stated - if I can't hear him breather I am not sleeping well, he doesn't have a crib - just a bassinet next to our bed but still if he is in there then I am up every 10 minutes looking to see if he is ok - feeling his chest to make sure he is breathing etc - but if he is next me i sleep much better - and some night I don't even know when I woke up - I just know I have nursed at some point since my bra is open! lol  My MIL just asked me this morning how often he is up in the night and I said honestly I don't know!  DH is a very sound/deep sleeper and he is the same - he clings to his edge of the bed every night and has never even come close to rolling onto the baby in bed. 

I need to go get groceries, but I don't know if I can handle all three today - normally I would but Kacey still has her sore leg and isn't walking much yet so I would have to carry her and the baby....of course she would go in the cart but I just wonder about getting into the store in the first place.....

BTW - does anyone here sew/quilt?  I have a picture of a crib quilt I want to make for DS's room (whenever he gets in to it!).  My grandmother wants to quilt him one so she said if I make the top she will quilt it for me - but I have never done applique and I wonder if I am naive to think I can do this as a first project???  I will post a pic if anyone has any experience with it....

Well I guess I should go get something done....I really don't want to do anything today!  I just wish for a lazy day - with someone to come and clean my house and cook for me! Lately I hate cooking for some reason.

Oh - recent pic of DS - such a happy boy!SAM_2004.JPG

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

#29 of 510 Old 01-03-2012, 08:41 AM

He's so cute!!!  And Finn has that sleeper, too!!

So, DH and I have decided that '12 will be THE year, the year we buckle down and get this house ready to sell.  He got the fence put up along the back, and now that we should have some time, we're going to do it.  He didn't scoff or say no when I mentioned a cleaning service to help out like once or twice monthly.  We need a bigger house!  Here we go!!!

#30 of 510 Old 01-03-2012, 09:22 AM

Mom2One - I've watched my mom do mosaic quilts. (small pieces of fabric usually square, sewn together to form a picture or image) I've not seen any quilts with applique; can you post a pic?

As for groceries with 3: park next to a cart return and hopefully there will be carts in it; that way you can placy DD directly in cart and carry DS and your oldest can walk. That is what I would do LOL

Carrie - hooray on bigger house and cleaning service! We have the same resolution. If nothing else, we will move out of my IL's and in with my parents - we would have our own separate apartment, the kids could have separate bedrooms, or we could have a dedicated office. MIL is slowly driving all of us nuts. Unless we hit the lotto or something, it will be a while before we could buy a house of our own; our credit is ugh.

how big do you want? we love house hunting . . .

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page