DD always wants to teeth on painted plastic "not for baby" things... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-04-2012, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My baby - 8 1/2 months old- scratched some paint off of a plastic floss container with her teeth and probably swallowed it. I feel so guilty. I try to have her not swallow stuff like that but despite the wooden and organic teething toys, she loves playing with plastic- plastic cups (the thin disposable kind), bottles, the floss container, the lotion container, etc... I am not sure what to do. She mostly wants to always chew on or rather "teeth on" something not so meant for babies. Any ideas out there? She has two teeth and because of that she can chip off and therefore swallow little pieces of stuff that would fall off. 

Thanks guys. Just writing about it makes me feel better. 

waterbirth.jpg bf.jpg DD 5/19/2011 dust.gifcd.gif delayedvax.gif familybed1.gifgoorganic.jpg

#2 of 3 Old 02-05-2012, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i hear ya. i have an almost-ten month old baby girl and she is the same. she loves wood too (our headboard is covered with rasps from her teethmarks..!) but plastic is her fave. my guess is because it's so smooth and gives a bit more than wood, generally. i'm trying to keep her busy with all the bpa-free plastic toys we have, but really she'll be surrounded by them and still lunge for my pen or the trash can (!) or etc etc.

#3 of 3 Old 02-06-2012, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Mine is funny like that, too. LOVES plastic bags! Crazy! Don't beat yourself up too bad, mama....they'll be just fine:)

Teething neclaces are great around here. Ds loved to chew on his big sisters beaded bracelets so we got him his own, and he really likes it. I alternate between 3 as not to lose the 'newness' factor;)

Mama to oneone, and a brand new!

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page