labial adhesions - breastmilk?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-06-2012, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my 6 month old daughter has a fused inner labia and i'm considering the different treatment options before decided on a course of action.  i've heard about the hormone cream, emu or coconut oil, olive oil, warm baths, stretching, waiting it out, etc

but! has anyone ever heard of using breast milk? there are hormones in it and its supposed to be a great thing for the skin all around, i don't know, it sounds a little crazy but i'm thinking of giving it a try.....

any advice??

#2 of 5 Old 02-07-2012, 06:26 AM

I haven't heard of using breastmilk and am not sure how much it would help. The adhesions are due to a lack of oestrogen and I have no idea how much oestrogen is in breastmilk. I wouldn't think that much. My DD had labial adhesions which were easily treated with hormone cream, you use a tiny bit and the effect is very localised. It works exceptionally well. After 2 weeks the adhesions were gone. We just had to keep an eye on things and use the cream every once in a while. At 2ish there were no longer any problems.

#3 of 5 Old 02-07-2012, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the reply, i will probably give the cream a try since you only have to use a tiny amount, how often did you have to apply it after they had reopened?

#4 of 5 Old 02-07-2012, 11:52 AM

I can't remember that well, I think about 3 times in 2 years. It wasn't often and I just had to keep an eye on things. If I caught it early enough then I didn't have to apply it for as long as 2 weeks. It is actually quite amazing how well it works.

All the best!

#5 of 5 Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

thanks!!

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page