March 2012 Rockstar Mamas and Their Babies - Page 14 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#391 of 396 Old 04-04-2012, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

What happens to your debt if you die?  Do you kids take it over?  That would suck.

I think it's possible. I think it's expected to use any money received from estate and home sales and such to pay off any leftover debt. I don't think that debtors can legally hold a non-signatory child responsible for a parent's debt, though. I'm not sure of any of that, though, and I don't know how monetary inheritance falls into that.

I still have around 12K in student loans. I don't worry about those much. I know we'll get them paid off eventually. I don't feel bad about having that debt, either. If I didn't have it, I would be where I am today whether I work or not. It was not wasted just because I don't collect a paycheck.

Um, yeah, no complaining if he's sleeping 6-7 hours before waking! orngtongue.gif

Dylan does that with the latching on and off. After 3 or 4 times I cut him off and wait to see what he does. Sometimes he'll settle and go back to sleep and sometimes he'll fuss even more. If he gets fussier, I let him nurse again. Usually, by then he realizes he needs to get down to business.

I have absolutely no desire to have another baby but I get jealous when I hear about someone I know getting pg. An acquaintance of mine from Hawaii who now lives here is pg with her 3rd. I am so jealous. I can't stand to read any of her FB posts about it. I made one obligatory congratulations and that's it. I can't be more involved than that. I feel bad about feeling that way. At least we are just acquaintances and not close friends.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#392 of 396 Old 04-04-2012, 05:23 PM

That's weird you get jealous!  Where does the jealousy come from you think, since you know you're done?

I still think that just b/c I feel like I could have more, doesn't mean I definitely will.  I'm open to more down the road.  

Mostly I don't know that the feeling means I must have more kids.  Just that I could and it'd be ok.  If that makes sense.

I just look at birth stuff and I don't feel over it all yet.  I feel like I still have some of it left in me.  I dunno.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#393 of 396 Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

That's weird you get jealous!  Where does the jealousy come from you think, since you know you're done?

I get sad when I think that I will never be pregnant again. I truly did love being pregnant. I think that's it really. I think birth is amazing but I could live without doing it again. I love breastfeeding but don't get sad at the idea that Dylan will be my last nursling. I think I'll be ready to be done with that by the time he weans. I know I'm at my limit with kids to take care of. It would not be fair to a new baby, the kids I have, my dh or myself to have another. I'm stretched as thin as I can get now.

I think there may be some other feelings of sadness and maybe frustration at knowing that these women will go the route of mainstream medical maternity and child care. I don't feel the same negative feelings when I think of any of my AP friends getting pg, although none of them actually have since I had Dylan.

I think that's sort of the same reason why I don't get excited at the prospect of grandchildren. Sean (and others) have made comments about getting grandchildren will fill that void of not having anymore babies myself. No, it won't. I really couldn't care less whether or not I have grandchildren and those comments actually make me angry. Having grandchildren is nothing like having your own children. In a way, I kind of hope I don't. Since I have only boys I know I will have a very limited influence on the pregnancy, breastfeeding and baby care. All I can hope for is that my sons will choose wives who are in-line with my ideals. Otherwise, I don't know what I'll do.

it's all selfish stuff, I know.

Anyone notice the new email notifications? I like them. I can unsubscribe from a thread from my email again rather than having to come to this website, go to my subscriptions, find the thread and try to remove it. It also removes the redundancy of having multiple links to the thread, which was confusing.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#394 of 396 Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 PM

I wish I didn't have to go thru pregnancy again!  That's the part I dislike.  I wish we could adopt, but DH isn't into that idea at all.  

I doubt grandbabies fill any void you have in regards to your own children.  I do think, just from listening to my MIL talk, that grandkids are just extra special somehow.  I think your heart grows watching your own babies be parents, too, in ways you don't know of ahead of time.

Of course you can't control what your DILs do or don't do with their babies.  But that's ok.  When the time comes, the strong young men you've raised will be supportive husbands and loving fathers.  That goes so far.  From who they choose to be with, to how they live their lives, to how they raise their kids.  I'm sure all will be just fine.  Ryan may be old enough to have kids and get married soon, but you have time before the rest leave the nest!!   Hug them tight!  LOL!

I have a playdate tmw at 1130 and my house is still kind of messy.  This girl keeps an immaculate home... or at least it was the last time I went.  I wonder how much of it is cleaned up for company vs how she actually lives. 

I'm going to try to just have the trashes empty, sink empty, floors clean, bathroom clean.  Eh.  Whatever.  We all do our best.

I have to put the swing back together b/c her baby is little.  3 months?  I think?  Her older DD is Nora's age.  Can't wait to see them.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#395 of 396 Old 04-04-2012, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I doubt grandbabies fill any void you have in regards to your own children.  I do think, just from listening to my MIL talk, that grandkids are just extra special somehow.  I think your heart grows watching your own babies be parents, too, in ways you don't know of ahead of time.

Of course you can't control what your DILs do or don't do with their babies.  But that's ok.  When the time comes, the strong young men you've raised will be supportive husbands and loving fathers.  That goes so far.  From who they choose to be with, to how they live their lives, to how they raise their kids.  I'm sure all will be just fine.  Ryan may be old enough to have kids and get married soon, but you have time before the rest leave the nest!!   Hug them tight!  LOL!

Yeah, grandbabies are special, or at least they sure seem to be the way most grandparents gush over them. lol.gif I know I will love any that I may have. I've just never been one who's wanted or expected grandchildren the way a lot of people seem to. I'm not concerned about my kids getting married or having families. They'll do whatever they do.

IDK. The idea of my kids being parents scared the crap out of me. I am a control freak when it comes to my family. I can't stand it when they don't do things the way I think they should. I have to work really hard at letting that stuff go, even the little stuff. I would probably lose it if I saw one of my grandchildren being mistreated. Ugh! I don't even want to think about it.

So, I'm up at almost 11. Everyone else is asleep except for Ryan, who is playing a very loud video game. I can't sleep and I'm not going to lay in bed for two hours forcing my eyes shut like last night.

#396 of 396 Old 04-06-2012, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Here's the new thread for April

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1349941/april-2012-rockstar-mamas-and-their-babies-better-late-than-never

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page