AnnieA (due 7/18) ~ Baby girl born July 17, 2011
MarineWife (due 7/30) ~ Baby boy born July 25, 2011
Baby_Cakes (due 8/16) ~ Baby boy born August 16, 2011
MovingMomma (due 8/9) ~ Baby girl born August 18, 2011
akind1 (due 9/28) ~ Baby girl born October 11, 2011
mom2one (due 10/23) ~ Baby boy born October 21, 2011
jeninejessica (due 12/10) ~ Baby girl born November 29, 2011
Kindermama (due 1/6) ~ Baby boy born January 1, 2012

Last month's thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1343936/february-2012-whatever-ladies-and-babies

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

From what I can recall, Jamestown is small and can be done in half a day.  If we wanted we could probably split Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown into one day?  

I've been so many times to CW, but it looks like they changed their ticket pricing.  Neat.  

MW - if we can get discounted tickets thru Annie for Busch it won't be that much! And we have AAA which usually offers some sort of discount on admission there if necessary.  It's a pretty fun park, and there are rides for littles, too.  Not much to eat there, IIRC, but it's a good time.

O/T - I'm so sick of having only one bathroom with a DH who literally takes 30 min to take a crap.  I mean, seriously.  There are TWO other people in this house who need to use the toilet and I'm SO READY TO MOVE.  Ugh.  I feel like we're getting no closer to moving b/c there is just no time to finish up projects or even get the house in any shape to show.  We are SO far from that point.  It's feeling overwhelming and impossible right now.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#3 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

My mom said Jamestown could be done in one day. I'm not sure about the Jamestown/Yorktown combo. I was thinking those 2 in one day and Williamsburg at least one day. There are a lot of buildings to go into in Williamsburg, which I've decided I should take the boys to if I want them to get a real feel for how things were in colonial times. And, you do need tickets to hear the speeches, like Thomas Jefferson. The boys will probably be bored with that, Kellen definitely, but I'd like to at least try it with them.

There are plenty of ways to get discounts. We can get discounted tickets through the resort or on the various websites and I can get them from the military. My mom said the discount for CW from the resort isn't much cheaper than the discount on the CW website. We'll have to try to compare discounts as we get closer to see which, if any, are best.

I thought there was lots to eat at Busch Gardens. Doesn't it have all those different country areas where you can sample the foods? I didn't check out the website. I just checked the ticket prices. With 3 full days, we could do one each day.

I feel the same way about our house if I think about it too much. We will have to move in a certain amount of time no matter what. There's a lot that needs to be done to our house before we can put it on the market. Plus, I don't see how we'll be able to keep it show ready with all of us living here. I think we'll have to do weekend appointments and open houses only to show if we're still in the house. There's no way I can handle an agent calling me to say I have 15 minutes to get out of my house because they are coming over to show it. I don't know what we'll do if we don't sell or rent it before me move. We can't afford to pay for two homes. Not to mention that we'll probably have to pay to sell it. We won't make a profit to even cover the closing costs, I don't think.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#4 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I thought there was lots to eat at Busch Gardens. Doesn't it have all those different country areas where you can sample the foods? I didn't check out the website. I just checked the ticket prices. With 3 full days, we could do one each day.

duh.gif

Sorry, not much vegan food, PLENTY of food for ppl who eat whatever.  

We can figure it out.  We have time!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#5 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 08:21 AM

notes2.gif

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#6 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 08:48 AM

The resort looks gorgeous guys!

I'm busying myself with planning our trip at the end of the month. I think we've made small breakthroughs with the car and I'm feeling hopeful! The hotel room I'm looking at right now is expensive, but looks so nice, so I think I'm going to splurge. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#7 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

The resort looks gorgeous guys!

I'm busying myself with planning our trip at the end of the month. I think we've made small breakthroughs with the car and I'm feeling hopeful! The hotel room I'm looking at right now is expensive, but looks so nice, so I think I'm going to splurge. 

Ooh where are you going?  I must have missed something.  I'm glad she's doing better in the car.  We were homebound for close to 3.5 months, and then I had just had enough and we started going out again.  At this point hes more upset being buckled in the carseat than any of the actual trip.  I try to just make as few stops as possible so the buckling/unbuckling doesn't have to be done too many times.

I don't feel like doing chores today and can't think of anything for dinner.  We'll prob just do stir fry b/c whatever.  I'm over it.  I bought a cake mix last week and DH got cans of diet dr pepper so DD and I just made a cake.  You just put the soda with the cake mix and bake.  It really works.  LOL.  So, dessert for tonight is taken care of!  LOL.

#8 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, where are you going, JJ? Dylan is usually pretty good in the car these days. He doesn't even mind getting in and out too much, but then I don't do that much anyway. I can't last for more than 2-3 stops in one outing before I'm exhausted. lol.gif

We spent the afternoon at the park with some other homeschoolers. 80 degrees and sunny with a nice wind. I feel like I actually got some sun on my face. So nice! I had to wear jeans, though, because it's been I don't know how long since I've shaved my legs.

What's this about soda and cake mix? I don't get it. Please, explain.

#9 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 PM

It was such great weather here today as well! DD and I didn't get out much though. She fell asleep a little after 9 AM and I laid down with her. I briefly thought about setting an alarm because I wanted to go to my doctor friend to get a script for a YI but she was only there until Noon today and Ava and I slept until 12:15 PM! Yikes! Oh well, we were both tired. I'm going to try to get over to see her tomorrow. I've tried to treat it w/OTC stuff and also garlic and it's just not going away.

Baby_Cakes, I'm definitely up for going to Busch Gardens. I haven't been since I was a kid. If the kids are with us that weekend, I'll have DH bring them down on Saturday and we can go to BG that day. They love to ride roller coasters. If it's just DH and me, we can all take turns watching the kids while the other grownups ride. I can't ride too many right in a row anyways because I get motion sick. I love the shows at BG too.

DD is doing so great in the car these days, in fact she does too well! She falls asleep within five mins of getting in the car and then I don't want to stop and wake her up!

DD had a great time eating lunch today. I gave her some spaghetti noodles w/EVOO on her bumbo tray and she would shove them in her mouth, suck off the olive oil and then spit out the noodles. ROTFLMAO.gif I also gave her some puree and she ate about 5 bites of that. She's really figuring out the food thing now.

Oh and Baby_Cakes, I feel your pain w/a DH that takes FOREVER in the bathroom. You better hope it's not hereditary like it appears to be in my family! DSS 17 takes forever now too so I have two of them in my house! It takes forever to get ready to go somewhere because someone is always off taking a crap! Hahaha! I've told them if they want to take 30 mins in the bathroom, they need to get up earlier and plan that in to their morning. DSS 17 used to start the shower before using the bathroom. I about lost my mind when I figured out he was doing that! All that wasted water! So now he at least waits until after he's done going to the bathroom before turning on the shower.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#10 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 03:32 PM

re: cake mix and diet coke - it's a Hungry Girl thing.  I mean, I know most of us try to eat healthy/natural and this definitely ISN'T, but...

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/more-surprises-shockers-and-swaps-diet-soda-cake-recipe

Oh man 80 degrees!  I cant even imagine!  We got out for a stroller walk but it was gray, maybe 45 degrees and drizzly.  

I love my stroller.  I can push it with one hand and hold my coffee with the other.  I'm going to get the tray for a water bottle/keys off amazon for it, but until then for walks it's working just fine.

Annie -LOL!  I so hear you!!!  DH has to wake up early enough to get in there.  I get so pissed off when I'm busy getting the kids to leave to go somewhere, and I'm getting coats/hats/shoes on, and he goes in.  Today I nearly flipped.  "We're trying to get out of the house and you have 2 people here who need to pee before leaving!  A warning would be nice so that we can just both go quickly and then you can have it for an hour!!!" Cuss.gif  Probably overreacting, but whatever!!

Ok, good I'm glad we have some riders!!!  Have you seen Griffon??  OMG.  DH and I did that one years ago.  I think my heart was in my throat!!

#11 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 03:51 PM

Oh and MW, I love the new title! We are all definitely ROCK STARS!

Re: makeup. When my DSDs were younger, they wanted to do the play makeup. The stuff for kids always freaks me out so I bought them each a powder compact of nicer stuff from Target so it wouldn't irritate their skin. They still love to do makeup stuff. They each got a big palette of eye shadow colors for christmas w/nice bamboo brushes. They love experimenting with it.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#12 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

The title was Kat's idea, not mine. smile.gif

Annie ~ Ryan used to do something like that in the bathroom. I'm not so sure your 17yo is doing what you think he's doing. winky.gifwinky.gif

Now I feel bad about being out in the sun. Dylan has a pink sunburn on both of his forearms. greensad.gif It never occurred to me that he would get sunburned.

#13 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:

The title was Kat's idea, not mine. :)
Annie ~ Ryan used to do something like that in the bathroom. I'm not so sure your 17yo is doing what you think he's doing. :wink:wink
Now I feel bad about being out in the sun. Dylan has a pink sunburn on both of his forearms. :( It never occurred to me that he would get sunburned.

biglaugh.gif We have that issue too but it's associated w/30 minute showers...so 30 mins for using the bathroom and then 30 minute showers. Cuss.gif It's a good thing we have two bathrooms because otherwise, there would have been blood shed a long time ago!

#14 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

biglaugh.gif We have that issue too but it's associated w/30 minute showers...so 30 mins for using the bathroom and then 30 minute showers. Cuss.gif It's a good thing we have two bathrooms because otherwise, there would have been blood shed a long time ago!

hehehe...Ryan would go in the bathroom and run the water for 30 minutes so I'd assume he was taking a shower. Then he'd come out bone dry. I was like, "WTH?" It took me a while to figure out what was really going on.

#15 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:

hehehe...Ryan would go in the bathroom and run the water for 30 minutes so I'd assume he was taking a shower. Then he'd come out bone dry. I was like, "WTH?" It took me a while to figure out what was really going on.

See that's the kind of stuff where I'm so glad that DD was a girl. I only have to make it through one more boy! I would take all the hormonal flipping out from my DSDs and DD over that kind of stuff from my DSSs. I guess it's because I just don't get it. I mean I do but at the same time I'm just like, enough already! We have somewhere to go! Handle your private business later! DH just says I don't understand what it's like to be a teenage boy. hammer.gif

#16 of 396 Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 PM

LOL you guys! Things you just don't want to think about with your children... 

We're not going anywhere 'big', but I've got a high school reunion the last weekend of March that's a 6-7 hour drive away. I realllly want to go, because we just got notification that the school is closing, so this will be the last reunion, but obviously it hinges on whether she will be ok in the car for that long. 

The biggest breakthrough so far has been pumping a bottle of milk and having someone feed her half an ounce or so when we start driving, and then she seems to be happy for the rest of the drive. I'm giong out to my mothers house this weekend (an hour drive) to see if it'll last for a whole hour. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#17 of 396 Old 03-02-2012, 05:55 AM

Hi guys!

I have been reading along as usual but haven't had time to post anything.

Last night I thought of all the things I wanted to post about but can't remember much now! lol

Oh DS rolled over!!  I was so upset though - I mean I spend 24/7 with these kids it is a very rare thing that I go out without them and usually if I do it is only for like an hour or two once a month to get groceries or something.  So Wednesday night I decided to go out DH and me some take out for a late snack and I was gone maybe 3 minutes when the cell phone rang and DH said "the little man did it!  He finally rolled over!"  I was devastated - I spend all this time with him and then the one time I am gone he rolls over and I miss it.  Although DH was right here with him and he missed it too lol - he just looked over and he had rolled himself over.

DS gives us a hard time getting into his car seat sometimes - not always though, and once we get moving he is pretty good most of the time.  But if we are running errands it is harder all the in and outs get him upset - longer trips are actually better for him.

Anyone have a teething babe?  I think that must be what is going on here - more poopy diapers than normal and bright red cheeks at night - lots of drool and chewing.  I think I read that they get more poopy diapers from teething but I can't remember why - any ideas?

Your trip sounds fun.  We are thinking of going to the US - New Hampshire to go outlet shopping - maybe in April. We live in a pretty small area so there isn't much for shopping so we like to go down to the states a few times per year.  We had been making plans to take friends with us but she just found out she is expecting again and now they may not be going.  We living in baby-villle here - one of my best friend is due on Monday too - we are hoping for a boy since DS is the only boy in our circle of friends so he needs a buddy!  I told Dh that once the other couple who just found they are expecting have theirs I will be wanting another one! lol  He just cringed!  He is DONE.. Me - not so much.

You guys are so good doing your cloth!  I just use the sposies.  I can't wrap my head around doing the cloth.  They did have a bunch at a store in the US (we live in a border town) it is a store that gets all kinds of stuff from all different kinds of stores - like closeouts and overstocks and if a store has like a fire or something they will buy the salvageable stuff - anyway they had a TON of cloth diaper stuff and I was tempted but just didn't bother.

Well the kids are wanting apples - and they won't eat them unless I cut them up!  

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

#18 of 396 Old 03-02-2012, 06:11 AM

Aw, I'm sorry you missed him rolling over!  First time of many, though, don't worry.

You know, Finn can roll but he really doesn't ever.  He's done back to belly at least a few times, but tummy to back only once.  He's never repeated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by **mom2one** View Post

You guys are so good doing your cloth!  I just use the sposies.  I can't wrap my head around doing the cloth.  They did have a bunch at a store in the US (we live in a border town) it is a store that gets all kinds of stuff from all different kinds of stores - like closeouts and overstocks and if a store has like a fire or something they will buy the salvageable stuff - anyway they had a TON of cloth diaper stuff and I was tempted but just didn't bother.

I'm so behind on people laundry I haven't had DS in cloth in weeks.

Diaper laundry I can keep up on.  I don't know why I can't keep up on people laundry.

Its so embarassing.  I feel like a terrible homemaker.  Often times I feel like I'm just not cut out for staying home and taking care of kids/the home.  I never felt like I was cut out to hold a job, and now that I stay home, I don't really feel like this is me either.  Idk what to make of it.

#19 of 396 Old 03-02-2012, 06:36 AM

Busch Gardens: if we can get a steep discount - I am so there. I love coasters! though I wasn't impressed as much with their coasters as Kings Dominion - is that still there? - but this was back in the mid 90's. I will ride every single one I am tall enough for.LOL

Cloth diapers: when we run out of this bag of sposies, I am going full on cloth with DD. DS already is (pretty much non stop since he was 7 months old). Diaper laundry gets done because it must. Laundry is the one chore I don't mind and do stay on top of. dishes . . .

I am sorry you missed the big roll over! DD started that maybe a week or so ago, and is such a pro. Now she is pulling herself forward on her playmat., I think commando crawling will be next. oy. mobility freaks me out.

We do want another (me more than DH) but so not right now. Like when DD is two, I think I want to go back to whatevering. I don't miss AF, but if I had one,  at least I could track and we wouldn't need to use condoms every single time, which isn't bad, but gets old.

We are moving in withh my parents soon. as in like the next couple weeks. I am very excited. We'll have the basement apartment, which is bigger than our old house. and less drama!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#20 of 396 Old 03-02-2012, 06:52 AM

Kat - I always pay attention to your posts and see what your DD is doing - because usually within a couple of weeks DS is doing those same things!  I just hope he isn't quite as early as Kacey was - she walked at 8 months!  And YAY for moving!  I don't know how you have lived with your in-laws this long!  We had to do it for like 2 weeks when we were first married -no kids yet - and then we lived right next door to them for about a year and a half and that drove me crazy!  We couldn't go anywhere without them knowing - in fact we were leaving one day and MIL met us at the end of the driveway saying - "you didn't think you could get away that easy did you - where are you going??"  so glad to move to our house we have now - we are about 20 minutes away so close enough to still have the kids see them but far enough away that we can go to store without reporting in! lol  I am sure you will really LOVE your privacy!  What do your in-laws think of you moving?

Carrie - ugh - laundry I hate it!  DH started a new job on Wednesday and so on Tuesday night - at about 11 pm - he decided he should find something to wear - and of course everything was in the dirty clothes.  I was so mad.  I was like- you couldn't have thought about this earlier??????  Then an argument ensued which ended with me being so mad that I said "fine - I am going to stay up ALL NIGHT LONG and wash every single piece of dirty laundry you have! "  I lasted until a little after midnight lol.. But the next day I did wash all the laundry.  I am pretty good at putting the laundry in the washer and then transferring to the dryer, but after that it's iffy if it will get folded. - usually it ends up on my bed and then gets pushed off onto the floor at night and then I have to re-wash most of it since I can't tell what has been cleaned and what hasn't.  

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

#21 of 396 Old 03-02-2012, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mom2One ~ Bummer about missing the first roll over.

Cloth diaper laundry is easier because it's all in one bag or bucket. You just throw it in the was, no sorting, and when it's done you just throw it in a drawer, no folding. Easy peasy! Our laundry is about the only thing I can keep up on. Everything else gets passed over.

I feel exactly the same way as you, Carrie, about working and staying home. I never liked working. I hated having to get up at a certain time and dress a certain way. I even hated having to take a shower just because I had to go to work. I also didn't like any of the jobs I had. I'm not a very social/people person (believe it or not as much as I run my finger mouths on here...hehe) and I get very nervous interacting with strangers, which is almost unavoidable in any job. My last job as a patent examiner was probably the best but it was just boring, busy paper work. I didn't feel like I was doing anything that mattered.

I feel like I'm not very good at being a sahm, either, though. I'm definitely not a good home maker. That bothers me some but not too much. But I feel like I don't do enough with my kids. I mean, I'm always here but we don't do much together. It just seems to difficult with a baby, which I've had continually since I became a sahm, or I'm tired or I'm just bored. I've always gotten bored doing kid things very quickly. I used to whine about when Ryan was little. I hated playing board games and stuff with him. I would get so bored I'd start yawning and falling asleep within minutes of starting. At least I could play them with him, though, because there weren't any distractions. I really don't know how people with multiple young kids are able to do stuff like that with each one.

Kat ~ The new place sounds nice! joy.gif

I'm pretty sure Kings Dominion is still there. I preferred that to Busch Gardens when I was a kid/teenager. I went to Kings Dominion a handful of times, I think, but never went to Busch Gardens. Kings Dominion had all the cool rides. Busch Gardens was more of a grown up cultural experience.

#22 of 396 Old 03-02-2012, 09:05 AM

Maybe I will appreciate BG more as an adult!

Oh, and yes, teething here. I think the amber helps slow the drool, but doesn't stop completely. And more poop too.

It is nice! See, my ILs would be nosy and judge y no matter how close we lived. My parents value privacy as much as we do, and understand us better. Other than wanting to feed Norah crap, mom is much more AP friendly than MIL.

FIL wishes he could move put too, MIL I think is in a bit of denial, but will be ultimately relieved to have the house back to herself.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#23 of 396 Old 03-02-2012, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

oh, yeah. dylan is teething again. his 5th tooth broke through the gum yesterday. diarrhea with rash or red bum is common with teething.

#24 of 396 Old 03-02-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post

Cloth diapers: when we run out of this bag of sposies, I am going full on cloth with DD. DS already is (pretty much non stop since he was 7 months old). Diaper laundry gets done because it must. Laundry is the one chore I don't mind and do stay on top of. dishes . . .

We are moving in withh my parents soon. as in like the next couple weeks. I am very excited. We'll have the basement apartment, which is bigger than our old house. and less drama!

I post regularly both here, in my DDC and in the FB attachment parenting group, and I can never remember what I've written where. lol. I'd like my brain back soon... 

Great news on the house! I know you guys were talking about that before and it sounded like a much better option!

I am totally the same. Laundry is kept up with. We've got pans beside the sink that I don't even remember what we cooked in them. oops. I will say though-- DH drives me NUTS because he never puts his laundry away. It just sits in the bins clean until he wears it again. Which would be fine if we had the room for that, but we don't. I end up tripping over bins of clean laundry all over the place, and then get angry when I need to bring more clean stuff up from downstairs and there's no empty bins. His solution? Buy more bins. I dream of just throwing all his clothes in a garbage bag and stuffing them in a corner until he decides he's adult enough to put them away. 

Speaking of-- total vent. I was feeling like crap last night, so bad that I basically told DH he needed to take Tenley all night, unless she needed to feed, because I just wanted to lay on the couch and rest up. Which was fine, he had a good night playing with her and all that. He also was doing laundry at the same time. I specifically told him I needed to make sure her laundry got done because I was almost out of receiving blankets. 

I woke up this morning, and no receiving blankets, so I pop her in her bumbo and went downstairs (had to dump a basket of his clean laundry on the bed so I had an empty basket) with the intention of grabbing her clean laundry out of the dryer and bringing it upstairs. I get down there, and the dryer is empty, there's a load of our clean laundry on top of the dryer (which I've asked him literally 100 times not to do-- if it's clean, grab a basket and bring it upstairs!!), and her laundry is still wet in the washer. He washed the bamboo we got yesterday, and was so excited to bring it up and show me that he didn't bother to flip her laundry over to the dryer so it would actually... you know, be ready today for me like I asked.  And then to top it off, I asked him to turn the house heat down when he left, because I've been overheating in the mornings. He didn't. He also used the last of the toilet paper and didn't grab more (it's downstairs). And then I went to grab a glass of water, and he left the Brita, empty, on the kitchen counter. 

For effs sake... he knows I am sick and feel miserable, and he left me such a mess of crap today. All those things are so easy for him to have done for me, and instead, I'm running around the house up and down the stairs, while trying to occupy her in her bumbo, and trying not to pass out from being dizzy. GRRRR!! I can't wait until he calls so I can let him know how pissed I am. It's ridiculous. He was sick last week, and I made sure T and I basically tip toes around and enabled him to get lots of rest and peace. 

And, on top of all of that-- I found the dog in our room today, chewing on something, and then he dove under the bed. I walk over, and he's chewed -another- one of Tenley's soothers-- because it was attached to her snowsuit... which DH picked up and threw on the floor last night when he wanted to go to bed. Like really? He knows the dog eats soothers and we go through soooo many of them because of this, but he doesn't even watch things like that. Any normal adult would have picked up the suit, determined if it was clean or dirty (and yes, it was covered in vomit and should have been washed last night with everything else...) and then taken the soother off, put it away, and put the snowsuit where it should go. Not DH... he just flings it out of his way. He does it all the time with my clothes too. I'll have stuff on the bed I'm in the process of putting away, and he'll go to bed and just throw the pile on the floor. Our floors aren't very clean, so this inevitably means anything on the bottom is now covered in dust. And- usually there's something in the laundry that the dog will eat, so I'll be down another pair of pants or underwear or the like. 

-sigh-. I feel better now. Thanks guys! lol

#25 of 396 Old 03-02-2012, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

JJ ~ Sounds like a very typical guy thing to do. Even when they try they really have no idea how much care it takes to take care of everything. That's one of the things I loved about the marriage book I read and then passed on to my dh. The author, a man, said that, according to his research, men overestimate the amount of housework they do by more than 50% (I can't remember the exact figure now). It's not done on purpose. They just really have no idea how much is really done to keep a home running. The author went on to list all the things, big and small, that have to be done regularly for that. I think he filled 3 pages. I was amazed because there was stuff on there I hadn't thought of. That's probably why I always feel like I'm doing twice as much as everyone else even when I make lists and pass out assignments.

I'm not good with dishes so I've just gone to using paper and plastic. I've just recently started using my regular dishes and such, to discover that most of our forks and spoons are gone. I'm sure they are somewhere in Ryan's room but I'm not about to go in there and start searching. eyesroll.gif I've also decided that I'm going to run the dishwasher every day whether it's full or not. I've started putting pots and pans and larger bowls and such in the dishwasher. I never used to do that, only eating plates and bowls, utensils and cups/glasses. All that other stuff was handwashed because that's how I grew up doing it. It's so much easier to just fill the dishwasher with everything that I can that was used that day, no matter what it is, and run it. Then I just take stuff out as I use it so I don't have a huge load to put away when it's done. It's probably not the best for the environment or economically but it's the best I can do right now.

I was so proud of myself for getting all 3 of my bathrooms, including the tub/showers, clean before my mother got here.

I have the worst stomach cramps today. I don't what it is. It's not nausea. It's not gas. It's not constipation. It's not pms/menstrual. My stomach just hurts. It started sometime between 4 and 6 am. It got worse after I ate. I'm starving again but afraid to eat because it's finally feeling a little better and I don't want it to get worse again.

#26 of 396 Old 03-02-2012, 03:45 PM

Yeah, have any of you read the comic where the father gets home and the kids are outside playing alone, the house is destroyed, etc etc, and when he goes upstairs, his wife is lounging in bed and says "you know how you ask me all the time what I do every day? Today I didn't do it."  Soooo true. 

So I talked to him when he got home today, said I just needed to get it off my chest, and gave short versions of all the stuff I mentioned. His response? "Well I don't understand how there can be a load of clean clothing on the dryer and no laundry bins"

I just about hit the (#*$ing roof. 

It's because your clean laundry is still in there from last week idiot. 

And then he tried to blame me for the soother, asking why I left it attached to the snowsuit. Well... because when I walked away from it, it wasn't on the floor where the dog could get it. And now he's saying that I should have told him that there was a soother attached. Um, it's called eyes. Use them. Or don't throw clothing on the freaking floor! We use her crib for stuff that belongs to her that needs to be put away. Why didn't it go in there? It's like... 10 feet away. 

sigh. I'm sick and cranky. I know. 

#27 of 396 Old 03-02-2012, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Deep breaths, JJ, deep breaths. Sometimes they are stupid but I'm sure he's not doing it to purposely hurt you or make your life more difficult. I hope you feel better soon. Being sick when you have to take care of a child is so very hard.

#28 of 396 Old 03-03-2012, 05:57 AM

I put away DHs clean laundry, otherwise I'd end up doing the same thing, JJ.  It'd sit forever (and it does sometimes, b/c I don't always get to it) and the pile moves around the room.

Hugs and be gentle with yourself.  I agree, being sick while taking care of a demanding infant is its own special hell.  There are no words to describe the frustration.  

Hell, even with a CHILD its frustrating.  With a HUSBAND it's frustrating when all you want to do is curl up and sleep and be alone!!!

Dishes I can do in less than 10 min.  I do usually let dinner dishes sit while I'm putting the kids to bed, and DH doesn't do them then b/c it's too loud to have the clanking and water running, etc.  I just leave them and do them in the am once everyone is up.  I run the dishwasher 1x a day at least.  I'll put pots in there, but we only have one good nonstick skillet type pan that we hand wash only.  I don't mind that.

JJ it just sounds like he's getting on your nerves.  I hear you on that.  Ugh, I soooo hear you on that.  Plus I have found it's really hard for them to admit when they've made a mistake (such as with the soother on the floor), especially if they switch into defense mode (aka wife mad at me mode).  hug2.gif  This too shall pass.  I hope you feel better soon!!

MW - good job on the bathrooms!!  I'm good at keeping my one lonely bathroom wiped down, but the floor needs more attention.  I really should be mopping it once a week at least and I don't.  I just keep wiping up spots and keeping it otherwise clean.  I just hate cleaning that bathroom.  I feel like it never gets as clean as I want it to so I tend to ignore it.

Our home is just so old.  I feel like if things weren't crumbling and falling apart (paint peeling in places, drywall crumbling) I would be more motivated to clean.  I just hate so much about this house.  It's sad.

So - somehow I did math wrong and realized its our 6 year anniversary this year.  D'oh!  So.  I guess last year we just didn't realize or if we did we didn't do any thing to celebrate, lol.

Today is Chris's birthday.  Not sure what we will do - hoping to have a fun day regardless.

I need more coffee!  DD woke up again last night screaming crying so I brought her to my room.  She was too awake though, and coughing, and it took her (and I) a while to fall back asleep. Yawn!!

#29 of 396 Old 03-03-2012, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh! I don't even want to think about how much more laundry there will be once Sean is home. At least he washes his work uniforms separately.

I never clean Ryan's bathroom unless guests are coming that will need to use it. I rarely clean my bathroom, either. I have to clean the downstairs bathroom every few days, especially the floor, because everyone uses every day and the boys haven't mastered their aim yet. lol.gif

Dylan has little sores that look like popped blisters on the bottom of his feet from crawling. he gets up on his feet/toes sometimes rather than crawling on his knees. he can crawl on his knees. i don't know what i can do about it. maybe he does that because the hardwood hurts his knees? maybe i should put socks back on him. idk

#30 of 396 Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 AM

Thanks guys. Totally better now. I know it was just sickness frustration coupled with DH related frustration. He did come back and apologize later, and we realized he'd forgotten to run the dishwasher as well (loaded the whole thing, but never hit start), and he was like "man!! I had a really bad 24 hours!" I feel like... as long as he acknowledges that he made my day harder by not pulling his weight and thinking things through, that's so much easier to deal with. But when he does (or doesn't do) things without stopping to think about how it will affect my day, it drives me nuts. 

So much of it, well almost all really, stems from the fact that his mom was a SAHM, and her kids are all five years apart, and nobody did activities or play dates or anything (nobody goes to their house period, his mom is very weird about that), so she wasn't all that 'busy'. When the youngest was born, her oldest was already 15. Anyways-- so she made up for the free time by doing -everything- for the children. And DH lived at home until we got married, so he never learned to do things himself. He's a fabulous cook, and is great abou making me meals and stuff when I'm not feeling well, but then I get up and the kitchen looks like a bomb hit it. His mom used to clean all of that up. He would leave all the prep dishes, plus all his half filled plates, numerous cups, etc all over the house, and she would clean them all up for him without saying a word. She also did all his laundry, and would put it away once or twice a week too, and would tidy his room if she was bored. I'm not talking as a 6 year old... I'm talking 20 years old, and his mother still doing all of this without even attempting him to do it himself. And they never did chores as a family either. So now if he like... clears the dishes off the counter into the dishwasher... then he acts like he's done some major clenaing feat. lol. Not... quite. 

Anyways... the point is, he's learning, slowly. It's just frustrating when you're sick already and wanted to have a relaxing day, only to find that someone else made your day harder. 

MW-- Ouch! Sounds painful. Hmm. did you figure out anywhere that he could crawl with a softer surface? Maybe look at picking up some of those foam mats so his knees (and toes then!) aren't getting so much pressure. 

We got the meds the other day, now to see if it makes a difference. Dr made it clear that if it were her child, she would not be giving them, but that she trusts me if I'm saying I feel like I need them. She wants me to keep a journal of her eating and symptoms though. I keep trying, but who has time for that? And the times when it most matters, is when she's fussy, and I'm too busy calming her to write down what times things are happening at.   Anyways... Carrie-- about how long did it take you to notice a difference? Do you remember?

Tags
Baby

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page