our nights with sleep - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-22-2012, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my daughter is almost 7 months old, and trying her hardest to bring in her two bottom teeth. could this by why she is waking up more throughout the night crying? in her younger months she would wake up only 2 times that being the most she would ever wake up. i found myself and her daddy one of the luckier parents with our daughters sleep schedule. but now she wakes up about 4-6 times in the night. i do give her infant ibuprofen for her teething. but not before bed, should i try this for her? and how old were ur babies able to sit up from a lying on their back position? im a little worried bcuz she cant do this yet by herself.. or am i just worrying for nothing?? someone please ease my mind on these 2 subjects =]

Mommy fo one, hubby and dog; suffers from Depression & Fibromyalgia; First Year Nursing Student!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 08:46 PM

Hi there, I have a 7 and half month old also teething, between 4-6 months he slept not bad waking up 2-3 times to nurse but now, it is almost every half an hour he will cry a bit, suckle a bit stay up and play then go back to sleep, it varies day to day but poor sleep for sure. I think teething is a big factor here so unless you see other signs that indicate the baby is unwell, ear infection, etc... I would just try my best to comfort the sore gums, offer her a cool teething ring to chew on for some time and try to get here back to sleep/ i am a first time mom so i don;t have any previous experience but my Lo and my friend's Lo also 7 months have started to do this. Mine cut his first tooth 2 weeks ago and today I noticed a bump where the 2nd is coming looked pretty sore to me and explained the hectic night we had last night, I am grateful that he is at least not crying, wailing away, but he is awake, awake i can handle crying gets me flabbergasted. as for the ibuprofen, i would use that as a last resort, if all other things you try don't seem to settle the baby's discomfort, then go for it. when the LO wakes up is she crying or simply alert?

Hope this helps,

N

Old 03-27-2012, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

thanks now i feel like its a normal thing if ur babe and others have done this too. her little tooth is starting to peak out fianlly. shes not tht alert when she wake just crys and wants her bottle then she will be out very soon after that happens.

Mommy fo one, hubby and dog; suffers from Depression & Fibromyalgia; First Year Nursing Student!

Tags
Baby
User Tag List