Diarrhea in 5 month old. Help please. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2012, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DD has had diarrhea for maybe 5 days.  She is also starting to show signs of eczema.  Naturally I thought it is likely diet related.  Her papa has lots of allergies and was allergic to dairy as a kid and is still sensitive to it now.  

I've gone dairy and gluten free.  She hasn't tolerated cow dairy but was fine with goat.  Now I've dropped goat dairy too.  I'm curious how it will take for me to see improvement if gluten or dairy is the culprit?  I know it's also possible that it's other foods too.  But i think that will make me cry.  I've never eaten meat in my life and without meat, dairy or gluten my diet is already very limited.  The notion of giving up say potatoes and tomatoes is soo sad.  I love lentils, but I don't want to live on them!

Any other suggestions for helping with her diarrhea?  She plenty hydrated and other than being gassier than usual doesn't seem bothered by it.  

Married to my favorite person (together since '01, married since '05), the hapa papa to my queeuty quapa DD, born 10/11.

We baby wear, co-sleep, cloth diaper, don't vax and intend to nurse for a good long time.  

I don't care what you do as long as it works for your family.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Hey mama,

Look into giving your LO some probiotics, and taking some yourself. There are some great dairy free options out there. Sounds like you also may want to do some digestive enzymes, too. These may help tons! There is a bunch of helpful info in the allergy boards here on what you're going through. Hope you get some relief fast for you and your sweet babe:)

Mama to oneone, and a brand new!

Tags
Baby
User Tag List