My 7 week old only sleeps 9 - 10 hrs a day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2012, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...and he has since he was born, give or take a bit. He's generally a happy baby, though he's been gassy lately, but he never sleeps! He does down for the night at 10, wakes at 1 for food/change, sleeps another 2 hours and then gets up at five for the day. Throughout the day, he only catnaps, max an hour at a time, but ususally 20 - 40 minutes. I have read that babies his age shoudl be sleeping 14 - 16 hours a day, and he should have slept even more when younger, and that it's important for his brain to have that sleep time.

He sleeps in the bed, and we are feeding mostly donor breastmilk in a bottle with some supplementing for formula. His location for napping and sleeping don't have an effect of how long he sleeps (wearing, bouncy chair/swing, bed).

I didn't realize how little he was sleeping till I started tracking it when he was 2 weeks old, and I've tracked on and off since then with no change. (He's my first!)

Any suggestions?

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My two cents is just that sometimes it happens that way. My kiddo sleeps a lot less than her peers, and it's certainly not because we don't "let" her sleep long enough. In fact, she is one of the lucky kids who can sleep as long as she wants, doesn't get woken up in the morning.

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

Tags
Baby
User Tag List