baby helmet - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-06-2012, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi I am new to this forum and I logged onto here looking for support for the infant shaping helmet.  I have to say I am very appauled that people would just assume that parents are neglecting their child if they are wearing a helmet!  It was just recommended that my daughter wear a shaping helmet that could be on for 3 months or more...I am very hesitant now to do it after reading these comments!  I can tell you that with absolute certainty my daughter is in NO way neglected!!  OMG she is everything to me along with my older two boys, she is my first lonnnnnggg awaited daughter and she's held the majority of the day!  Whenever she whines to be held, trust me she's held, whatever she wants she gets!  At least this young anyway lol! She hates being on her tummy and cries continuously when we have her on there for too long!!!!  I only have her on her back when she's slee[ing, at night and napping alot of times in the cradle swing where I can watch her.  My husband and I had a nephew that passed away of sids at 3 months of age and after finally having my daughter that I thought I'd never get you can be sure I never let her out of my sight for fear of something like that happening and as a matter of fact, she goes to bed with me almost every night and my huband moves her to her own bed when he comes in.  Plus I have a monitor even though her room is right next to ours sharing the same wall!!!  So I am not a neglectful parent and love her veeerrryyyy much!  So now she is almost 7 months old and I may just be diligent about turning her head from side to side and put her in a side sleeper at night in her crib instead of doing a helmet, as that is the last thing I want to have to do to my child!!!

#2 of 4 Old 04-06-2012, 06:10 AM

I think people may think it's negligence bc of the articles that have come out blaming the rise in helmet use on babies being left in seats and things so much.

My daughter also hated tummy time, and still isn't very fond of it. She has a bald stripe across the back of her head. No shape issues, though.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#3 of 4 Old 04-06-2012, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

O I see, I have 3 kids the boys are 5 and 9 and I don't think I have seen these articles, whenever I see a baby with a helmet I have thought maybe something was wrong with them not being able 2 hit their head or something of that nature...her dr told me that the rise in helmet use was due 2 the back to sleep method so strongly encouraged now...thx! smile.gif
#4 of 4 Old 04-06-2012, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

O I see, I have 3 kids the boys are 5 and 9 and I don't think I have seen these articles, whenever I see a baby with a helmet I have thought maybe something was wrong with them not being able 2 hit their head or something of that nature...her dr told me that the rise in helmet use was due 2 the back to sleep method so strongly encouraged now...thx! smile.gif

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page