Bajingo Babies & Mommies: Spring 2012 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 87 Old 05-25-2012, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies!

Just a few quick replies since I'm SO far behind -

Kayden has gone through a ton of sleep stages. I've stopped even trying to figure out what he'll sleep like from night to night or week to week. Right now he's sleeping 2-3 hour stretches at night, but when he wakes up he is REALLY fussy and active until I can get him back to sleep. This has been going on about 2 weeks. He used to sleep well in his crib beside the bed but he's back in bed with me most of the time now. His sleep changes always come around when he's working on learning or perfecting a new skill.

He started crawling a few weeks ago - right around the 9.5-10 month old mark. He's pulling himself up to standing now sometimes but mostly he's enjoying the freedom of being able to motor around on his own!

Anyways, a new-ish picture, Kayden and DH last week smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#62 of 87 Old 05-25-2012, 12:36 PM

birdie I wear a brace but not as much as I should. It does help me though.I understand about being worried about DH falling asleep while driving, i was worried too. Now Brody sleeps longer so DH only gets up once at night and then he wakes up an hour early so not too bad. Yay for 6 months!

livingsky, ahhh Kayden is so blond now! Too cute, it looks like he's got daddy's smile.

I think we need to sale the house and move into a tent because Brody wants to be outside 24/7! We did a stroller 5k last weekend and he loved it. Of course it's supposed to rain all weekend!

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#63 of 87 Old 05-26-2012, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

#64 of 87 Old 05-26-2012, 07:30 PM

Aww Kayden! 

Been following but not posting.  I don't have much to add about the sleep but we go through the same thing as livingsky described.  Sleep is never the same for us.  It is always changing. 

Wolverine pooped a top tooth yesterday (he already has his 2 bottoms) and it really suprised me.  I feel like the tops have always looked readyu to pop out so I wasn't watching them.  The night before he woke up a few times screaming bloody murder and I was like "what is wrong with you?!?!"  Well he was in pain is what was wrong!  He started crawling too.  I came home from work and DP had the living room all baracaded off with his toys and random baby stuff.  It was a sight to see.  All he needed to do was pick up my laptop cord and put the gate up... 

Also, this baby stuff... hard work.  I feel like I am barely holding on.  So worth it though.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#65 of 87 Old 05-27-2012, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
LivingSky, Kayden just has such a bright smile! Good to hear from you!

Ram, I agree: adorable profile pic!

birdie, I'm glad sleep has been a little better. May it continue for you. smile.gif

tank, it helps to hear other obviously loving and devoted moms say how hard it can be. It's SO worth it, and I'm over the moon happy! And you're right, it's the hardest I've ever pushed myself.

This Friday I came home from work early with a fever. Friday night DD's tooth decided to start it's 2-day breaking through process. Yeah...after two nights of little sleep I'm still feverish, and the tooth finally broke through this morning. But she's still fussing. Haven't quite figured out why. PLEASE don't tell me she's getting my virus now. I want her to stay healthy, and I need to sleep this off! Can I just add how much I was looking forward to this 3-day weekend to catch up on sleep, spend time with DD and DH, and go to the zoo? Now I'm going to be going back to work on Tuesday feeling still sick, probably, and totally drained, definitely.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#66 of 87 Old 05-30-2012, 04:04 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

LivingSky, love the photo of Kayden.  Saw you posted in the pregnant in our 30s that you are in the TWW.  Hoping for great things for you soon.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#67 of 87 Old 05-30-2012, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter

#68 of 87 Old 05-30-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

#69 of 87 Old 05-30-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdie.lee View Post

I wanted to ask everyone...what do you do to make eating out a more pleasant experience?  We bring special toys, let DS play with whatever is safe, like the menu or whatnot, but the meal still ends with a crying baby, going outside with the baby for a cool-down, and then scarfing my cold food while I'm in a cold sweat from the stress!!!  Or maybe it is asking to much for a 6 month old to be happy during a meal?  Any tricks of the trade?

I was coming on to post a similar question. Does anyone have tips for eating w/ baby at home? Eating out we try to make everything perfect, I usually nurse Brody right before we go in to eat. Then he'll either sit in my lap or sit up watching in his stroller, but we can only make it 45min to a hour. He's interested in stuff when we go out, but at home he doesn't want to sit so we can eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post

Also, this baby stuff... hard work.  I feel like I am barely holding on.  So worth it though.

truedat.gif

#70 of 87 Old 05-30-2012, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

#71 of 87 Old 06-04-2012, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

#72 of 87 Old 06-05-2012, 09:55 AM

Aw, congrats on the teeth, mama! And congrats little L!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#73 of 87 Old 06-06-2012, 02:44 PM

Wooden chairs - they started working for Kayden around the 6-7 month mark. Once he could sit up pretty steady and the straps were short enough to tighten and hold him in. But honestly, we aim for restaurants that have real highchairs (like Boston Pizza).

Eating out - honestly, I think it just takes time. Kayden has been happy with us eating out for the last... oh, probably 2 months now. He LOVES to play with spoons so I get a big stack of disposable spoons (if we're at a food court or fast food) or some extra metal spoons (if we're in a restaurant) for him to play with. Those entertain him for a while. In restaurants, I also ask for a plate of steamed broccoli and then Kayden eats/plays with that as well.

Then I leave an extra big tip because there's usually broccoli spread out in a 15 foot radius from where Kayden was sitting... redface.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#74 of 87 Old 06-07-2012, 10:38 AM

Best. Night. Ever. Kayden basically slept from 5:15 pm until 6:45 am. He nursed 5 times during that period, but still! I couldn't believe it, after how badly he's slept recently. Either he's hit a growth spurt or me going dairy free is really helping him. Or both, I guess! Either way - joy.gifjoy.gif

#75 of 87 Old 06-07-2012, 05:30 PM

Yay for sleep, LivingSky! I SWEAR dairy free gives us better nights. I had a cupcake with dairy frosting a couple days ago and the past two nights she has not slept well, after a couple nights of awesome sleep before that. I keep trying to convince myself I can go back to dairy, but each time we have a rough couple nights. Glad you guys slept better!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#76 of 87 Old 06-07-2012, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

LivingSky, I hope Kayden keeps up his good sleeping habits.  Makes life better when everyone gets more sleep.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#77 of 87 Old 06-12-2012, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

#78 of 87 Old 06-14-2012, 06:32 AM

Yay Livingsky for Kayden sleeping!

and another yay for Birdie's L teething! No sign of teeth here yet. Brody drools a ton, but I can't feel anything trying to pop through. Sorry the sleeping isn't going well.

As for us, I've not been feeling great and man it sure is tough to remain a calm mom when you don't feel great. Thankfully Bro's decided that stroller naps outside are awesome. He's completely against being in the moby now and the ergo is too long for me to wear comfortably. So I've been doing a lot of pushing him around in the stroller outside and he konks out. He'll nap in the stroller or with DH in the ergo for almost an hour and it is great! He's a rolling superstar now, I can't put him down without being next to him or he'll roll into the next room. He loves it though. I feel like the days are getting easier, but every time I think that I end up jinxing myself.

Hope everyone and their babes are doing good!

#79 of 87 Old 06-17-2012, 03:00 PM

Sorry I haven't been around much.  I wanted to chime in about dining in and out.

Wolverine has been sitting in the wooden high chairs for a while now.  What I did at first was tuck the ergo around him, mostly behind him so he felt a little more stable before he could sit real good.  I don't need to do that very much anymore.  We used to just bring sopie or another toy for him to play with now that he is "eating" solids I make sure there is something he can eat.  Sometimes it's a lemon slice, sometimes an orange, a cucumber etc.  Resturants usually have these things on hand and are happy to give us a little bowl of them.  He gets to chew on them one at a time until he drops it then he gets another.  It works really well with him. 

At home I usually get him to sit in the high chair with something to keep him busy while we eat.  When he was younger it was foods that he couldn't really eat that were safe, like a carrot or som ething.  Now that he actually eats I give him some puffs or toast.  Something I know he can manage himself and it keeps him occupied.  I still need to eat really fast though! 

As for us things are going good.  Wolverine has 5 teeth now.  2 on the bottom and 3 on the top.  I think the 6th is coming through now because he is super cranky.  He is crawling really well now and pulled himself up to a stand for the first time on the coffee table.  Now we are in trouble!  Sleeping has been much better in the past few days because I decided I was going to push the crib up to next to our bed.  That way he can be beside us and can't nurse uless he really asks for it and needs it so he has been settling himself really well throughout the night.  For a while there I thought I would never have a good night again!  He has been sleeping horribly for the past 4 months!  Thats a long time concidering he slept really well as a newborn.

Anyway hope all is well with you ladies!

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#80 of 87 Old 06-19-2012, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

#81 of 87 Old 06-28-2012, 12:26 PM

tank - glad moving the crib has helped with your sleep! I found that helped with K for a while as well.

Well, we're now almost 4 weeks into me being dairy free. Kayden is consistently sleeping from whenever he goes to bed (usually between 8 and 10pm) until 2-3 am, then only waking up 2 or 3 times total in the early morning to feed. I'm thrilled!! He also seems to be pooping better, so I'm sure that's part of why he's sleeping better - less gas cramps. He is pulling himself up and trying to walk so I expect his first steps any time in the next few weeks. Maybe even before his birthday!

Hope everyone is safe with all the wacky weather North America has been having!

#82 of 87 Old 06-29-2012, 12:17 PM

Glad everyone's sleep situations are improving, good sleep makes a world of difference!

Birdie: No teeth yet, he drools everywhere and is shoving everything in his mouth, but no signs of teeth. He's a super chomper though. We gave him some avocado last week and he loved it! How's the ECing going? Yesterday Brody finally peed on cue...yay! He still refuses to sit on the potty though.

Tank: Once Brody outgrows the co-sleeper we're pulling the crib alongside the bed too. Sounds like you're going to have a walker soon. I think Brody's going to skip the whole crawling thing. He tries to walk, but has no interest in crawling. He just rolls everywhere.

Livingsky, We're dairy free too. Since I eliminated it Brody has been almost gas free joy.gif Yay for almost walking. Brody's ready to walk, he keeps trying to climb out of my lap to stand up, but I'm all sorry buddy you've still got a ways to go. Are you worried about him being able to walk around? We've got 2 scary old staircases that I can't figure how to block off.

I don't know what it says about my parenting that Brody recognizes his name and the dog's name, but not mommy or daddy!

#83 of 87 Old 06-29-2012, 05:41 PM

Anika is also on the cusp of walking, and her world is hugely expanding. We just went to the store and bought a bunch of child-proofing stuff because it's a bit scary. It's hugely exciting and fascinating to watch, though. She's so happy about it! love.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#84 of 87 Old 07-01-2012, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I think most of you saw, but Caly had her beautiful baby girl Friday night. Pic on the preggo thread. :)

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#85 of 87 Old 07-02-2012, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Anika is also on the cusp of walking, and her world is hugely expanding. We just went to the store and bought a bunch of child-proofing stuff because it's a bit scary. It's hugely exciting and fascinating to watch, though. She's so happy about it! love.gif

yay for another walker! I think I'm just going to bubble wrap the house.

#86 of 87 Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

#87 of 87 Old 07-04-2012, 05:19 AM

Sure birdie.lee, I'll do it!

Summer thread!
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1357252/bajingo-moms-and-babies-in-the-summer-sun-2012

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page