refusing afternoon nap--ready to go down to 1? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-08-2012, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

My DD will be 1 on April 24th. Starting this past week, she has refused her afternoon nap 3 times, plus took a very short one one day. Her morning naps have continued to be good. I thought 11 months was early to begin the transition to one nap, but I wonder if this is a sign--or is it just a passing phase? Night sleep hasn't been too great, either. She is working on lots of mobility stuff--trying to pull up and crawl at the same time.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-09-2012, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'd say it's developmental before thinking it was a transition to one nap, but all kids are different! smile.gif

my DS just turned one and must take 2 naps, and even 3 if the first two are short... he sleeps for ~12hrs/night. i just spoke to my SIL and their DS is 6 months old and is taking the same amount of naps and only does ~10hr/night. Our DS had to have 3-4 naps at that time with ~12hr/night.

you can always try it for a while and see how it goes... if it's not working out, then go back to two naps, but if you follow E's lead and one nap is working, so be it! smile.gif

good luck!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif

Tags
Baby

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page