"Alernative" baby monitor that calls you... plz recomend - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-08-2012, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

Years ago when my 10-years old was  newborn we had a home phone system with room monitoring feature by Seimens. It worked way better then traditional monitor that was always broadcast every move and breath. I set up the level on noise and which headsets to call if that noise is reached. Now I'm looking for something similar, any advice? 

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-09-2012, 10:09 PM

I bought this monitor recently: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FGWA8G/ref=oh_o04_s00_i00_details

So far (I've had it 3 months) it's been great.  It has a microphone adjustment feature on the base and you can make it so you hear nothing until noise reaches a certain level.  For the price, I feel the quality is really good.  It has multiple channels and even tells you the temperature in the baby's room.  

With my first, I too had a home phone that had a room monitoring feature.  This time I wasn't able to find something equivalent.  

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#3 of 4 Old 04-11-2012, 12:14 AM

My monitor has a voice activation mode setting that filters out breathing and other noises, so that you only hear when baby talks or cries. Sony Baby Call Nursery Monitor.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#4 of 4 Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM

i have the Withings WithBaby it is connected to a iPhone app and i set thresholds for noise, motion, temperature and humidity and it pushes a notification to me when any of them are reached.  i can monitor constantly audio or video, or what i usually do is just get the notifications and turn it on the full monitoring when i want to check in on what the notification.  i like it because since it can use blutooth wifi or even cellular (for a limited time each day) i can take it with me and set it up really easy and the range is as far as the wifi, so at my grandmothers house the babies room to the other side of the sprawling house it is probalby far out of range for nearly every other monitor.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Tags
Baby

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page