Need a little online love- please pull me through this bout of flu... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-17-2012, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know loads of moms can relate... I'm just having an "oh poor me" moment I need to get past:

I'm dealing with a family flu bug for the first time with my 9 month old twins. I feel terrible for how they're feeling!

I'm also feeling like I'm sick of having screaming babies attached to me around the clock and like I want to explode out of frustration! And that makes me feel terrible all over again... I need to hone into every bit of patience I have and help my poor babes feel better.

"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-17-2012, 05:37 PM

Yup, I know where you're at.  My family had our first flu this year.  Went right down the line: me, DH, DS (3), DD (few months, mild case).  Being the first one sick, I was the first one "better" - enough to weave around for 10-15 minutes doing the essentials.  Mind you, this was all around a pretty quick illness: mostly gone 24 hrs later.  Caring for others when sick yourself is aweful.

And even when not sick, I frequently feel the way you're feeling come about 5pm.... Let out a mock scream and laugh a little  :)  Hope everyone feels better soon!

#3 of 3 Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 AM

i have a mantra i repeat over and over (and over and over...) during times like that. "I will not feel this way forever" or "it will not be like this forever". it's simple but true and even though i *know* it, it's really helpful for me to remind myself. i just repeat it in my mind (while bouncing a fussy baby at 3am say) and imagine the next day, the next night, 5 days from now we're at the park, having fun...in a couple years he'll be running around...essentially i will not be bouncing on this ball, holding him forever.

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page