Please HELP!! Ear issues but not infected - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-22-2012, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

Actually, this post is about more than ear issues but that is my primary concern right now.  Here's the scoop...DS is 10mo and is Bfing and co-sleeping.  He is taking two naps a day and doesn't sleep well at night, waking up 5-7 times through the night to nurse and not going to bed until usually 10pm and that's with a struggle.  To top it off, he sometimes wakes up poking at his ear or ears sometimes accompanied with crying sometimes not.  We've had this problem for a while but the ped said there's no infection and sometimes babies just do this (so helpful, right?).  I also took him to a NAET Dr. who detected a virus that turned into a bacteria and we fixed it according to her but we're still having the issue.  So my first question is does anyone know what could be going on with his ears?  Is it normal for them to bother him or not and is there anything I can do naturally?

My second issue is related and is about sleep.  Today I got him down to one nap and to bed by 7:45 but then he woke several times with in the hour because of his ears.  I'm not into CIO which I know is not promoted here anyway but is there anything I can do gently to get him to sleep more through the night?  I know the ear thing is probably a cause and he is teething but at times it seems like its just habit.  I dont mind once or twice but it's just out of control some nights.  Sorry for the long post and God Bless anyone who reads it and bless you 2x if you reply namaste.gif

#2 of 3 Old 04-24-2012, 06:46 PM

I have been using drops from the health food store. They are garlic and mullin (sp?) oil drops that my ped rec'd after dd's second ear infection. He said that he used them for all three of his kids at the slightest hint of an ear infection ie when their nose is running, fever, tugging at the ear, etc. 

In terms of sleep, I am in the same boat; BFing and cosleeping and up several times a night. I will say that she is now 11 mo and sleeping a bit better. She seems to need her own space so I have been trying to get her to sleep in the cosleeper (full size) next to us so she can thrash around a bit without disturbing us. She is now down to waking 3 times to quickly and quietly nurse. She also kicks the covers off and being a bit chilly helps her sleep better (she takes after me ;) .)

Good luck, this too shall pass!

#3 of 3 Old 05-04-2012, 11:39 AM

I wanted to second the garlic and mullin oil drops for ears. I just started using that for my little one, who doesn't seem to have an ear infection, but is definitely bothered by his ears, and it has been helping. 

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page