Baby carrier - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 05-15-2012, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We love the K'Tan Carrier, it is really adjustable and even my husband thinks it comfortable to use!

My sister used the Moby wrap but didn't find it all that comfotable, if that helps at all!

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536430&cmSource=Search

#32 of 39 Old 05-16-2012, 03:16 PM

If I only had one, it would be the Moby for the front carrying year. The Ergo for the back carrying year. No way on the Beco. A mei-tai for front carrying if the Moby isn't your speed.

I've been lucky enough to have all these, people gave me a mei-tai and Ergo and Moby so I got to try them all out. I'm revisiting now I have my new little guy. I love the Moby above all others for long walks; the way it molds the baby weight into my own is by far the most comfortable thing out there for me and my husband alike. All other options make my neck sore after a long hike. I like the Ergo for back carries when that phase happens down the road. It does not fit my husband (so buy that new Sport one if you will share) and the straps are set too wide for me, but all the same it was good for two years of back carrying (putting it on wasn't a stress out for me, I practiced over a bed). I got myself a Beco Butterfly and it is true: the napping is lousy without head support, making the whole carrier useless. I am finding a mei-tai great right now; it's similiar to a Moby but easier for on/off/on days and significantly easier to nail the right height for nursing than the Moby. I got myself a Babyhawk recently after years with the odd mei-tai someone had given me; with an older kid the zippy on/off and better weight distribution than an Ergo are great.
#33 of 39 Old 05-17-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCapucine View Post

If I only had one, it would be the Moby for the front carrying year. The Ergo for the back carrying year. 

Yes, this!

Moo.

#34 of 39 Old 05-18-2012, 07:22 AM

I couldn't use the moby past 4-5 months, too heavy in the front with all that stretch. I got a girasol woven wrap and that was better as she got heavier...I can also hip/back carry with it. I have an ergo for quick back carries (in and out of the grocery store, etc) but for long carries, I use the girasol.

#35 of 39 Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 PM

At this time your baby is 14 months already, I can suggest an Action Baby Carrier -it has a 40lbs weight limit I even heard they have a toddler version of their carrier which also has a weight limit of 40lbs.

Living is great but being a MOM is even better

#36 of 39 Old 08-19-2012, 04:58 PM

i love the moby for real little ones. i also have a mei tai that i made and it is great for little too. i just tie a ribbon around the body of the carrier so that his legs fit around the body. now that it is getting colder i plan to use the moby more. for older babes i like the ergo. when they are bigger it seems to support them better. this time i also have a boba. i plan to use it when the little one get closer to 2 years old. 

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#37 of 39 Old 08-21-2012, 06:34 PM

My all time fav carrier is my woven wraps! they are supper supportive and I could still carry my 50 lb 4.5 year old on my back if I had too with my wraps. I also have a ring sling made from a woven wrap that I love and I did carry my 50 lb 4.5 year old in it for about 15 mins when he fell and hurt his bum. I like the baby hawk for quick and easy carries but the woven wraps are way more supportive for bigger heavy babies and very cuddly :)

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#38 of 39 Old 08-22-2012, 02:44 PM

LOVE my Kinderpack!!!! SOOOO much more comfortable than my Ergo. DD is 14 months, 26 pounds and I can still front carry her in the Kinderpack (Toddler version) with no strain. Back carry is way more comfy too. We just did a 7 mile hike and I'd hoped she'd stay on my back but she ended up wanting to nurse and then sleep on the boob and I was able to do pretty much the whole hike with her on my front. The only hard part is not being able to see where my feet are landing!

#39 of 39 Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 PM

lol, I agree with the hip carry.. My DD is sick now and don't want to be far away from me, even an inch!! But I can put her in front carry( she might get wet when I wash the dishes), can't back carry(she has colds, so reaching her often is necessary),.Hip carry is our position now.. she loves it specially seeing every thing I do. I am using the Action Baby Carrier and we loveeee it. When I'm sitting, I carry my DD with only one strap as a support while I'm hugging her..lol...I think for  3 minutes she will be sleeping again in this positionROTFLMAO.gif...lol she's asleep now.

By the way If your baby is a big one,. trying the ABC toddler carrier will be much more helpful. It is wider and I've read the support extends to the knee,. I had already had ordered my ABC before they introduce their toddler version,. and I hope to get that one too..lol..love their print!! Mine is the Happy design. you can see my ordered print here  http://www.actionbabycarriers.com/shop/happy/ . Hope this helps, goodluck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choose2Reuse View Post

I love my Ergo to pieces for long walks--it's sooooo comfy and DD loves it.  But I have to warn you that since she was ~4 months old, she's preferred the hip carry in the ring sling (we have one from Sleeping Baby productions) for short jaunts, errands, and around the house, because she can see so much more (she tends to settle down and fall asleep on long walks).  If you have an active little wriggler like my baby, you might want a carrier your baby can see out of really well.

Living is great but being a MOM is even better

Tags
Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page