Help preparing baby for childcare? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-26-2012, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am due to go back to work in a few weeks, and my daughter will have just turned a year old.  Thankfully, my mother-in-law has offered to watch her for the summer, along with her two older siblings.  

I worry about how to prepare her for this change - namely the feeding/napping issues.  For the past year, she has nursed to sleep, and I generally lay with her for naps.  This has made for a very relaxing year for me and baby, but will make things more difficult for my mother-in-law, who obviously does not have the same "tools" at her disposal. ;)  My baby does not take a bottle.  I have tried giving her pumped milk, and she has zero interest.  She will take a sippy cup, but mainly plays with it and certainly doesn't use it to drink any substantial amount of breastmilk.  

Does anybody have any tips for 1) transitioning her into some sort of nap schedule that doesn't involve nursing to sleep; and 2) dealing with possible feeding issues?  I'm more worried about the napping, because she does eat "real" food now, and certainly won't starve while I'm gone even if she refuses a bottle of pumped milk.

Thoughts?  It's been so long since my older two were babies that I honestly don't remember how we dealt with these issues back then!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-29-2012, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dd2 will be one when I go back to work in August. I try to walk her to sleep for at least one nap a day. It takes 10-20 minutes of walking. My dd1 used to nap in the stroller at this age. I have no plans to pump or wean. She loves food and will nurse as needed in the evening / nighttime.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page