Sleepless Baby- Help? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-26-2012, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all, this is my first post and I'm hoping to find some advice.  So my 11 month old has been waking up 3 to 5 times a night for a couple of weeks now and I'm about to lose my mind.  She goes to bed fine around 7 pm and wakes up happy around 7 am, but the hours in between are a random series of wakings for no apparent reasons.  She eats once around midnight, but the rest of the time she doesn't seem hungry.  I don't think she's hot or cold or anything, and she's not teething at the moment (she already has 14 teeth).  She's on the go all day and goes to bed worn out.  I'm at a loss as to why she can't sleep for more than three hours at a time.  Any ideas or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

#2 of 4 Old 05-26-2012, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering!

I think there are some serious developmental milestones happening right around a year that could be effecting her sleep.  I think sometimes they just want to make sure we are still around and wake up to check.

Do you co-sleep?  I she in the room with you?  I find that my dds have both woke up around 3-5 times a night until after 18 months, but would go right back to sleep when I nursed them.  We co-sleep, so it is not such a hassle to just roll over and nurse the baby.  

Sounds pretty normal to me because of the rapid development going on though.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#3 of 4 Old 05-27-2012, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for your reply- we don't cosleep anymore, which is something I'm kind of regretting.  It's good to hear that she's not some kind of baby insomniac!

#4 of 4 Old 05-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

You could try and bring her back into bed and see if that helps, it may be anxiety....   Maybe bring her bed in your room if you don't want her in bed with you.  I do think it will work itself out in a month or two.

I co-sleep with both my girls (almost 4 and 1.75 years) and we will continue for a while.  I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I am amazed at how much we all love it.

Good luck.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page