Bfeeding and solids - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-02-2012, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My seven month old has been eating solids for about a month. I'm wondering how much food other babies around this age are eating and how often are they nursing. People have told me he'll let me know when he's full, but I really don't want to over do the solids. 

#2 of 2 Old 06-02-2012, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is 8.5 months now and at 7 months he would eat about 2 tbsp of infant cereal for an additional source of iron and then 2 ounces of fruits or vegetables. Since we were following the 4 day rule and feel that breast is best, we tried to not put too much emphasis on solid food as it was still relatively new to him. I allow him to breast feed on demand, but when I know that I want him to have solids - I will wait an hour after he last nursed. I did some research because I had some concerns too (like you) and some babies will continue to eat solids after they are full if they enjoy the socialization of feeding time with mommy. You can safely feed your 7 month old 2 to 3 ounces of solid food twice/three times a day. It's up to you and your baby. My DS will nurse first thing in the morning and about an hour after waking, then after each meal and before each nap, then before bedtime and through the night to help him sleep.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page