9.5 month old ver fussy, im about to go crazy i dont kmow what to do - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm going about this carefully ... with who I ask for advice and support. Please offer anything!

About my son: he got teeth - 2 on top and 2 on the bottom ... he just started to crawl about 2 weeks ago ... he has some food allergies I'm trying to figure out but I offer him solid food from my plate at meals (that fit into his allergy needs) ... He's breastfed on demand (always has since birth) .... he is nursing my more frequently and I never mind... I wear him all the time in a wrap or SSC... he loves his jogging stroller and walks outside.... he is almostALWAYS smiling and happy and people wonder if he ever cries - this has been him his entire life up until now. Oh and he shares a family bed with my husband and I since birth. I've always practiced attachment parenting. Hes our first.

Recently we've had changes in living arrangements. We sold out old place, moving to new one in  a week and are in temporary mode until we move. We've been in a hotel for about 4 weeks now.

Now, he is very very demanding in a way that makes it so that pretty much nobody but me will do to soothe him. Not dad, not anyone. He freaks out if Im not with him ... ever.

What should I do?

Is this normal?

What the heck. I'm going to go crazy.

Gotta go and I'll write more if you have questions.

#2 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 03:42 PM

How long has it been like this? 

Hang in there!  It is really hard to tell... it could be more teeth, something upsetting his tummy, a cold, stress from the move (or him sensing your stress)...  Is he otherwise healthy? 

Your situation sounds familiar (how you parent and how others see your DS)... we had a couple of times when our "sweet little angel" DS would inexplicably turn into a "fussy baby".  Do yo have an exercise ball?  One trick we used was to wrap him up and hold him cradled to us (so we could look at each other) and bounce on the ball.  Sometimes we would blast music, sometimes it was silent... but that was one thing that my SO could do when nothing else seemed to help. 

We also spent a lot of time in the bath around that age.  A trip to the tub would kind of reset him when things were out of control.

Oh... naptime's over!  Again, hang in there!

#3 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, bath time does wonders!!! He's always loved it. He seemed to have a cold or something we both caught and that was about 3 weeks ago. I don't THINK hes sick, but could he be and have no other symptoms? Just a rash and fussy? It's only on his Chest and belly area and was on his back and went away.

I do a bounce on the edge of the bed he loves. I just am losin my mind bc I have no peace to myself. greensad.gif ...
#4 of 4 Old 06-09-2012, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

It sounds like his world was turned upside-down with the move!  Babies need routine, it is what makes them feel safe.  As much as possible, establish a new routine for him and talk to him about it as you go about your day so he knows what to expect.  Around the age your baby is, they become very aware of order in their surroundings, and will flip out if things aren't as they *should* be.  Try to keep his toys always in the same place, change him and bathe him in the same place, feed him at the same hours and in the same place, etc.  Good luck!!

Happy housewife and mom to big Z, born at home 1/2012. m/c 07/14 @ 5w and happy to get back to trying!  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page