Baby carrier for friend with scoliosis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2012, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a pregnant friend who also has scoliosis. She lives in a somewhat remote area (on an island, actually) and has to walk up a flight of stairs to get in and out of her apartment.

She manages her scoliosis very well. So far she just has a "travel system" pram/stroller/car seat combo for the baby. I'm worried about her lugging a car seat with a baby in it up and down those stairs and messing up her back. I'd like get her a baby carrier as a gift but want to make sure it is ok for her back. I don't think a sling would be a good idea.

Any suggestions? I've thought about a Moby or something similar. I have a Maya sling (hate it), a Moby (ok when DD was smaller, but at 1 yr it is too strechy), a Buzzidil (love it), and a Scootababy (good for short bits).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have scoliosis too. greensad.gif I have tried a ton of carriers and the only one that I can use without any back pain is the Ergo. It puts the baby's weight on your hips, instead of on your back, neck and/or shoulders. thumb.gif Hth!

chicken3.gif    happy homesteading-homebirthing-homeschooling-student midwife-mama to a small handful of little ones and joyful wife to my artist man.

User Tag List