EMERGENCY INFO NEEDED!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-24-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Long story short. Brother in laws baby mama has fallen off the drug wagon. She has a 2-3 week old that she was breast feeding. Children are safe with an aunt. I gave a bunch of my stored milk but it will probably only get them through the day. We are calling child services mon cuz she brought kids along to find a score. What can we do now?
#2 of 6 Old 06-24-2012, 11:56 AM

So does the mother know where her baby is at? Is there a chance she's going to come back for the kids today? Are we talking hardcore drugs or something like pot?

We went through something similar with my sister so first, I'm sorry. 

If the mother knows where the baby is, what is she planning on the aunt doing for food? Did she leave breastmilk or formula?

If we're talking about hardcore drugs and you believe the baby to be in danger either from exposure or neglect when mom is high, given that it's a Sunday, I would suggest your aunt take the baby to the emergency room. Let them know you believe the mom to be breastfeeding while on XYZ drugs and are concerned about the baby. They will get a hold of social services, drug test the baby, and start the process.

If we are talking about something like pot and there isn't anything else going  on (severe neglect, etc.), I would handle it a lot more gently and if you feel involving DHS is necessary, do so in the morning.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#3 of 6 Old 06-24-2012, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Should have specified. Crack is her drug and family had to search for her and take the kids. Not her first time puting them at risk either.. Brother in law brought breast milk that is supposedly clean but who knows. He claims hes not taking her back but has said as much before.
#4 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

The childrens father took them to the er to get checked. Things are in motion to keep this from happening to these angels again.
#5 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM

Those innocent little ones are fortunate to have such devoted advocacy. It's heartbreaking what they go through. I hope their mother gets help for good and that these kids get to grow up in a safe, loving environment. It's comforting to know that the extended family is taking such wonderful care of them. Hugs to you all. I wish I had milk to send, but baby is much better off on formula than mother's tainted breastmilk.
#6 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlgonesouth View Post

The childrens father took them to the er to get checked. Things are in motion to keep this from happening to these angels again.

Best of luck. These things tend to be long and painful for all involved greensad.gif

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page