sleep cycle for 4 month old... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-28-2012, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi mamas,

i remember reading about a philosophy for sleep patterns f young babes that went something like1,2,3....then 2,3,4....then 3,4,5.

the gist of it was that at perhaps 2 months old a baby will wake in the morning and need to nap after 1 hour. then upon waking the baby will need another nap after 2 hours. then upon waking the baby will nedd another nap after 3hurs. the time between naps extends as the baby gets older.

does this ring a bell with anyone? can you help me find information or a reference for this way of thinking?

many thanks

molly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 09:05 PM

Was it Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Weissbluth?

I found some of that book very helpful. I did want to say that some of it (unnecessarily) freaked me out too. I had a colicky baby who was a horrible sleeper. He had to be held (tight while swaddled and as I sshh sshh and patted his back, bounced him on my knee, and rocked) only by me to sleep for what seemed like forever and way past what Weissbluth would have called healthy. I couldn't put him down or stop or he would wake. If I remember right that book had me convinced his horrible sleep habits predicted very bad things for his future! He turned out to be a good sleeper once he finally matured and my even-keeled kid. His wonderful sleeping as an infant twin and toddler turned into a sleep nightmare close to two and still is to to this day!

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

Old 06-29-2012, 09:03 AM

Hi,

I know that Moxie of askmoxie.org has written a fair amount about the 2-3-4 pattern--that was the only place I'd heard of it.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

thanks a bunch, blanca, tha is what i was looking for!

if anyone comes up with any more sleep- wake info for babes i would appreciate it!

User Tag List