Bajingo Moms and Babies in the Summer Sun - 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 205 Old 07-04-2012, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
babyf.gifWe've got babies! babyf.gif
jumpers.gifWelcome grads of TTC #1 in our 30's & Pregnant with #1 in our 30's groups. jumpers.gif

Members:

birdie.lee: L born 11.20.11 babyboy.gif

Blanca78: E born 04.24.11 babygirl.gif

bootsvalentine: Lyle born 08.03.12 babyboy.gif

CA Country Girl: Juniper born 07.03.12 babygirl.gif

CalyCanth: Cara born 06.29.12 babygirl.gif

LivingSky: Kayden born 07.14.11 babyboy.gif

Meander: Alaric born 07.03.11 babyboy.gif

Rambuzo: B born 01.29.12 babyboy.gif

Tank: Wolverine born 11.08.11 babyboy.gif

Tear78: A born 07.15.11 babygirl.gif

ValH: Jacob born 10.04.11 babyboy.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#2 of 205 Old 07-04-2012, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Summer thread, here we go! I know there's some new ladies to be added to our list, so if anyone is missing please speak up in BOLD!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#3 of 205 Old 07-04-2012, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Tear78: We just did the mass childproofing as well. THankfully we only have one set of stairs and all that exists upstairs is our bedroom and office, so he's only ever up there to sleep. We've baby-gated the bottom of the stairs, and between our kitchen and living room. I still need to reorganize my cupboards so all the dangerous stuff is locked away and the two cupboards that I can't lock will only have baby food stuff and tupperware in them smile.gif

birdie: For nursing bras, I actually just bought some of the nursing camis from Walmart and have lived in those since I bought them. Before that I was just using sports bras and pulling them down. So I'm not much help smile.gif Never in my life have I really had a bra that fit well and I was comfortable in, so it's no big change for me!

Ram: Yes, I'm terrified of him walking! At the same time though, I almost think it will be a bit better, once he's more stable and doesn't fall down so much. Right now he pulls himself up and then I have to watch like a hawk because he could topple over at any second. Kayden doesn't seem to have any natural instinct to protect his head when he goes down! So I'm hoping once he has better control over it, I'll worry a bit less. (Ya, right) smile.gif

AFM: Well, as I said Kayden is almost walking, still at the almost stage. He will be ONE YEAR OLD next Saturday! I can't believe it, time has gone so fast. We've been taking him to the park and playing on the swings, he loves that. And going swimming at the pool. I'm going to try to do a mom and tot swimming lesson with him in August. And, I'm in to my second cycle of TTC again smile.gif Somewhere in the 2ww, between 8DPO and 12DPO.

I need to get some news pics of Kayden off my phone - I'll post new ones soon! Would love to see new pics of everyon's babes!!

#4 of 205 Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
privateeyes.gif subbing, but no time right now. loveeyes.gif livingsky, loving the update! I can't believe Anika's birthday comes up a week from Sunday!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#5 of 205 Old 07-04-2012, 10:50 AM

#6 of 205 Old 07-04-2012, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Me! I'm subbing! Cara Laurel was born last Friday, so I'm officially a Bajingo mom with a Bajingo babe. orngbiggrin.gif

We brought her home on Sunday and have spent pretty much all of our time since learning how to take care of a baby. She sleeps a lot during the day and is up at night, which, with my insomnia, makes it nearly impossible to sleep. I got about 90 minutes of sleep on Monday and another 90 minutes on Tuesday. DH and I decide to take shifts last night, and I was able to get about 4 hours, which helped a lot.

Cara loves to nurse, but we've had some issues with latch and positioning. My nipples are in terrible shape. Yesterday morning, I found a large spot of blood on the shoulder of her t-shirt and thought she was bleeding from her ear. We nearly went to the emergency room before we figured out it was from my nipples. We met with a lactation consultant yesterday afternoon. She was wonderful! I read books and took a breastfeeding class while I was pregnant, but nothing compares to one-on-one instruction. I took a 12-hour "pump break" overnight and fed her a couple of hours ago with much less pain.

I'm mourning the loss of my belly. It's really strange to go from very pregnant to not at all pregnant, and when I look in the mirror, I feel like something is off. 

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#7 of 205 Old 07-04-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calycanth View Post

Me! I'm subbing! Cara Laurel was born last Friday, so I'm officially a Bajingo mom with a Bajingo babe. orngbiggrin.gif

joy.gif yayyyyyyy!!!!! Welcome! love.gif It's so amazing to read your post: it brings me right back to those first weeks. You will find your groove and get used to less sleep, plus your body will cave and start sleeping when you can. Do you have those soothing nipple patches to put on in between nursings? Those saved me a couple times when I was SO raw. Glad to have you with us, enjoy your babymoon!

birdie, Anika had to learn to tuck her head when rolling because she would bonk like that too. Now she's pulling herself up on everything and bonking her chin, mouth, head on things when she falls. It's so stressful, but it helps to hear from other moms that it's normal.

afu, Anika slept 6 hours in a row last night. what did I do? I stayed up playing with the iPad my school let me borrow. Yeah...I started drifting off just as she woke up. So I got 2-4 hours of sleep, give or take a waking to nurse. I'm so tired....yet here I am not sleeping. argh! What is my problem?! lol...

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#8 of 205 Old 07-05-2012, 07:08 AM

Hi everyone!

There's no way I can catch up on personals--I've been away for so long! But I am enjoying reading all your posts. Things are craaaazy here. We just moved house--just a couple miles down the street, but we found a bigger place in a much more walkable, pleasant neighborhood. The movers had just finished when our power went out (did anyone else get affected by the big storms on Friday? Our power was out Friday-Tuesday at our old place, but thank heaven we had it at our new place). I have been looking for freelance writing/editing work, and have had some temporary stuff come up, so it's been busy to say the least.

Eliza is handling the move shockingly well. She woke up once early this morning and the night before fireworks woke her up, but apart from that, she has been consistently sleeping through the night for the past month. It is a MIRACLE! I'm slowly starting to feel human and adjust back to getting longer blocks of sleep. Before the move I had stopped waking up so much. I also started taking melatonin to help adjust my body clock earlier, which helped. Since the move I've been sleeping like crap, but I think I'm just adjusting.

Anyway, blah blah. E is 14 months old. Pulling up, cruising, and sometimes standing independently--but no walking yet. Her words include "wowowo" (dog/sometimes just generic animals), "da-y" (daddy), "mama," "hot," "hi," "bye," and "heyo" (hello). Oh, and "no." She will say a word a lot for a few days, then not say it at all for a while, but she is really into imitating sounds and words.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#9 of 205 Old 07-05-2012, 11:08 AM

subbing... Hey everyone!

my brain is fried from teething hell so I don't have much to say. 

We don't have any words yet, just a lot of babble still.  We have a crusin baby though.  He loves to pull up on me in bed and walk all around.  I think cause he can fall and it doesn't hurt! 

No recs for nursing bras because I hate mine. It fits but I can't wear anything except t shirts with it because it is so big.  It's hot and I want to wear tanks but it looks so trashy with my nursing bras.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#10 of 205 Old 07-06-2012, 06:16 PM

Hi there. I am subbing.

I am trying to get in the habit of occasionally using my laptop again, but I can't promise much. It's shocking how easy it is NOT to be online after 20 years of connectivity! But Alaric HATES me using it still, silly boy.

I have been loosely following along but am also sort of hopelessly behind.

We are doing beautifully still. Alaric turned one on 7/3, to little fanfare, and some cupcakes he hated but ate the fruit off. He's a fruit fanatic. After being rather behind in some areas (speech and gross motor) for aaaages, he has made some leaps and bounds over the last month and set my mind at some rest. He's not walking but considering it, not talking but recognizing a TON of words and starting to point. We'll all be happier when communication gets a bit easier--I think he is horribly frustrated by trying and failing to get me to understand, and we're definitely starting to get some tantrums...I know, just wait until he is two, but hey, I can TOTALLY wait! No need to skip to that just yet!

I am pondering the wisdom of TTC again. Still just pondering. (A lot of ducks to put in a row first, and at least 15 pounds I am pretty sure I need to lose first in case I gained another 40--to save my poor knees.) I am starting to feel the need to bounce the idea of of other people. Mostly strangers. I will probably be back with that. There is SO MUCH to think about.

I am pretty sure I haven't ever posted a face pic of me, so doing so makes me nervous, but this is the only pic I have of Alaric from the last few weeks, and I think we look a lot alike here:

Mom and Alaric

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#11 of 205 Old 07-08-2012, 11:59 AM

Hi ladies.  The Bajingo group has been kind enough to include me thus far even though I technically do not fit as a 2nd time mom.  Since my older DD is 6, it sometimes feels new again, and I have felt a kinship with the ladies in this group.  Hoping I can stick with you here?  My DD2 Juniper Lee is only a few days younger than Caly's Cara.  She was born on July 3 at 1:01am.  Life with Babe is good so far- tender nipples and one hard spot/clogged duct I have had to massage.  And this infant girl mini-period thing, (anyone with a girl have this?), which my DD had too and Drs assure me is normal, but still a bit disturbing.  Trying to lay low.  My DH is taking the 6 yr old to the beach today, so it is just me and Junie chillin.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#12 of 205 Old 07-08-2012, 12:21 PM

#13 of 205 Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Meander and CA Country Girl, you have both been added smile.gif

Meander, great to see you! I've been wondering how you and Alaric were doing! I know what you mean about them getting behind and then progressing in leaps and bounds. I try to remember that they all do things in their own time, but sometimes it's hard. Kayden was reallllly slow to crawl. Now I think back to when he was stationary and miss it!

birdie.lee - Oh man, I'm with you on the clogged duct thing. I can't even imagine it being for 2 months though! I'm so sorry! I got my first case of mastitis on Saturday and it Hurt. So. Bad. I usually tough through things rather than go to the doctor, but I woke up with it hurting Saturday morning and by afternoon I was finding a walk in clinic. Kayden likes to 'pet' my boobs whenever he nurses or I'm carrying him (which is most of the time). Sometimes he pets HARD. So I needed some relief from the pain immediately! It's starting to get better now, third day of antibiotics. I hate taking them but I think the way thigns were going, it was either take the antibiotics or quit nursing, so I'm happier with this choice!

#14 of 205 Old 07-09-2012, 06:12 PM

Wow it's so great to see everyone's updates! It's nice to see the the ladies with older babes so I can see what I have to look forward to (or not as biting baby doesn't sound fun)!

A big ole Welcome.gifto Caly and CaCountry and their little ladies!

Caly: Hope the nursing is getting better,. It was really tough for me, then I woke up one day and voila no more pain. Hang in there!

So CaCountry's question about baby girl periods made me think of my little boy issues.....anyone with a  boy  know how to keep ds from yanking on his bits??? I didn't think he would discover his penis so soon. Right now we put socks on his hands during diaper changes otherwise he pulls on it so hard I afraid there will be no grand-kids for me!

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#15 of 205 Old 07-10-2012, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzubo View Post

So CaCountry's question about baby girl periods made me think of my little boy issues.....anyone with a  boy  know how to keep ds from yanking on his bits??? I didn't think he would discover his penis so soon. Right now we put socks on his hands during diaper changes otherwise he pulls on it so hard I afraid there will be no grand-kids for me!

Oh Ram, this had me almost fall out of my chair I was laughing so hard. Kayden used to do that too, and I think it was right around that 6 month mark as well. He stopped doing it all on his own - in the interrim, I just kept giving him things during diaper changes to keep his hands busy. These days K tries to eat his toes during diaper changes, which is really super convenient for me!

#16 of 205 Old 07-10-2012, 03:27 PM

Does anyone have experience with overeating babies? I was under the impression that this was not possible, but we went to the ER last night after Cara vomited three times (scary, forceful vomiting, not spit-ups) immediately following her feedings yesterday. They examined her and checked for a bowel obstruction, then said that she looks good and has probably just been eating more than her tiny stomach can handle. We were told to limit her time at the breast to 30 minutes or to offer her an ounce at a time from the bottle (I've been pumping milk for DH to feed her at night so I can sleep for a few hours), then offer more 30 minutes later if she still seems hungry.

I really didn't know babies could overeat, and it feels weird to me to stop feeding her before she gets totally milk-drunk. Ack!

#17 of 205 Old 07-10-2012, 03:34 PM

#18 of 205 Old 07-10-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calycanth View Post

Does anyone have experience with overeating babies? I was under the impression that this was not possible, but we went to the ER last night after Cara vomited three times (scary, forceful vomiting, not spit-ups) immediately following her feedings yesterday. They examined her and checked for a bowel obstruction, then said that she looks good and has probably just been eating more than her tiny stomach can handle. We were told to limit her time at the breast to 30 minutes or to offer her an ounce at a time from the bottle (I've been pumping milk for DH to feed her at night so I can sleep for a few hours), then offer more 30 minutes later if she still seems hungry.

I really didn't know babies could overeat, and it feels weird to me to stop feeding her before she gets totally milk-drunk. Ack!

Brody can overeat for sure. Given the option he would just nurse continuously, but I started to realize that if I let him do that he would throw up. It was harder when he was little, now he moves around and I know he's "done" even though he'll keep going back to the breast. At almost 6 months he still only drinks about 4oz from a bottle, any more and he pukes it all back up.

#19 of 205 Old 07-11-2012, 04:45 AM

#20 of 205 Old 07-11-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie.lee View Post

This sounds completely dorky of me, but I try to look at penis yanking from a scientific standpoint, in that in an intact baby boy, it is the first steps to him eventually retracting.  I worry it will hurt DS worse if I yank his hand away!  So I just wash his hands after diaper changes.  And Hubby might kill me for posting this, he says the penis is pretty sturdy, LOL!

That's an interesting thought. Yeah I guess the penis is sturdy, but I've seen enough funniest home videos to think those other parts down there are senstitive. I wonder if that comes later? He does get upset if he messes with them too much, but that could just be those crazy baby nail claws he has!

#21 of 205 Old 07-12-2012, 08:09 AM

I would distract him with a fun toy at diaper changes.  I have to do that anyway because my kid hates getting changed now and flips all around.  Fun... let me tell you.  He has found his penis but doesn't go for it that often I think because I always fill his hands with new toys once we hit the changing table. 

Caly: limiting breastmilk seems weird to me.  I am not saying it's wrong but I would get someone other than an ER doctors advice.  While some of them mean well, they aren't experts in breastfeeding kwim?  I would definatly check with a lactation consultant or a LLL leader. 

AFU: as I was typing this wolverine stuck a live beetle in his mouth, ha!  This kid seriously is into everything.  He started cackling and it is so funny.  He sounds like he is grunting.  He now has so many different laughs. 

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#22 of 205 Old 07-12-2012, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

You guys are cracking me up with this penis tugging discussion (especially birdie's DH) Uhm, yay, it's a boy! Can't wait to join the sausage fest :)

wave.gifmeander! Was thinking of you recently. You and Alaric are both adorable and he does look like you! Go gingers!

I can't believe so many of you have 1+ year olds! Happy birthdays, little ones!

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#23 of 205 Old 07-12-2012, 11:53 AM

Yeah, I think it's weird to limit nursing. too. The doctor we saw was a pediatrician at the children's hospital, but still. We're seeing a lactation consultant again in about an hour, so will double-check with her.

#24 of 205 Old 07-15-2012, 06:45 AM

#25 of 205 Old 07-16-2012, 07:40 AM

Aww, thanks birdie! I made her a lobster-shaped cake since we're in Maine, with strawberries instead of red dye, and she wolfed it down. It was hilarious and so cute. I can't believe she's one year old! luxlove.gif Our other big news is that I had a positive pregnancy test on Friday. bigeyes.gif Oh please stick, little baby miracle! love.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#26 of 205 Old 07-16-2012, 10:36 AM

#27 of 205 Old 07-16-2012, 10:44 AM

http://dairy-free.food.com/recipe/ birdie, I used this recipe. It was yummy and easy, and dairy-free. Hope that helps! smile.gif Thanks for the congrats and the sticky vibes! love.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#28 of 205 Old 07-16-2012, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Congrats, Tear, that's so awesome! sticky.gif

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#29 of 205 Old 07-17-2012, 07:55 AM

Congratulation on your bfp Tear!!!! Sending sticky vibes!!!!

#30 of 205 Old 07-18-2012, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Tear, I congratulated you on the other thread, but another one won't hurt!! CONGRATS! Lots of sticky vibes coming your way!

Kayden had an awesome birthday and we made this cake: http://www.smokinhotmom.com/2011/06/healthy-vanilla-bean-cake-dairy-free-gluten-free-sugar-free-grain-free/ with no icing or anything. I made it with berries for the adults and without berries for Kayden. He thought it was the best thing EVER. So I've made the recipes into muffins, since it has no refined sugar in it, no gluten, and no dairy, plus tons of good protein, I figure they're good for him to have as snacks at daycare. And it keeps him entertained for a while wink1.gif

I'll post birthday pics when I get home!

Tags
Healthy Child Whole Child Integrating The Best Of Conventional And Alternative Medicine To Keep Your , Badger Sleep Balm A Calming Sleep Enhancer , The First 1000 Days A Baby Journal , Child Health Guide Holistic Pediatrics For Parents , Sleep It Does A Family Good How Busy Families Can Overcome Sleep Deprivation

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page