Washing and Drying Moby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2012, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel the need to wash (for the first time) my Moby wrap because DD is now drooling everywhere and I used it as a mat for her at a bookstore...and it's TRIPLE digits so....

Suggestions please? It just seems so big and I don't want it to lose its black black color.

Did you use a dryer to dry it? Or did you attempt to line dry and then fluff it? I just can't imagine trying to line dry that HUGE thing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I have no patience, mine goes in the washer and dryer.  It gets a bit shorter but once I wear my baby a couple of times it stretches out again. Don't know about fading, though, b/c mine is turquoise.  It has kept its color well, though...

Me (38), DH (47) and big Z (2 1/2)
m/c 07/14 and Baby EDD: 5/24/15! Stick, baby, stick!

Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I put my brown Moby in a big mesh bag and toss it in the washer on cold and then into the dryer. I have only washed it once and it hasn't faded. I think vinegar is supposed to help stuff from fading? Also you can dry on low heat, the sun will fade it I would think so I wouldn't line dry it. Also stuff with lycra tends not to fade as much.

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

User Tag List