7 month old makes strange sniffing/nose scrunching expression, is this normal? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-10-2012, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 7 month old has started making this strange facial expression. She'll scrunch her nose up and sniff in and out. Not sniffing, but almost snorting in and out. She seems to do it when I change her diaper or when she's rolling around playing, which makes me wonder if she did it when she was irritated or stressed. But then I noticed it other random times, like when she's in her bouncer. Anyway, wondered if that was normal. Hopefully she's just trying out her sniffing abilities and gets over it :)

#2 of 7 Old 08-10-2012, 04:03 PM

Haha! My daughter did the exact same thing around that age! It was adorable and hilarious. We got videos of it. It brought us endless entertainment. She would see us laughing and do it over and over again and she would laugh, too. lol. She would kind of wave her hands and kick her legs when she did it, too. I still talk about how I miss that (she is 3 now) I have heard of other babies doing it. Just laugh and enjoy, lol. I think it's normal.

#3 of 7 Old 08-10-2012, 05:04 PM

Mine started it later but has hung onto it (she's 16 months now). As pp said, it's just playing around and totally fine. We kept laughing at it and DD would keep doing it. She still does it when she's excited or wants to make us laugh.
#4 of 7 Old 08-10-2012, 07:25 PM

My six month old and six year old go back and forth with this to stay occupied in the car.  It's like their little game.  So fun to hear!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#5 of 7 Old 08-10-2012, 07:28 PM

LOL! My now 21 month old still does that... he did it since he was 6 months old. It cracks me up all the time. Perfectly normal. smile.gif

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Loving life with DBF (24) flowersforyou.gif since 10/2009 heartbeat.gif

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

#6 of 7 Old 08-10-2012, 07:52 PM

Yes! My 6 month old does this too! So cute! But it's totally random.  She'll do it, then I do it back at her, then she'll do it back at me. Totally cute.  She also makes this gasping/shocked sound (kind of like the sound from "The Ring" if you remember that movie.  Weirdo, but it's cute! Hope to catch it on video...

Happy Wife Since '05 and NEW MOM! in '12

Om'ing to Peace

Blogging Now Too! Visit my Blog

#7 of 7 Old 08-10-2012, 11:39 PM

We call that the "Fuchi Face" (like, stinky face lol)

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page