My dd is 14 months and seems to be getting her molars in (a little out of order actually - she only has four on top and 2 on the bototm). Visually they came in fast - within a day went from being a tiny speck of white to almost the full outline (at least on the right side) with a deep red in between that almost looked like blood.
Along with this she had:
- a mild fever, wicked drool - way more than she's ever had,
- light rash around her mouth (well, under her lower lip only - I'm assuming from the Niagara Falls drool),
- a healthy dose of diaper rash, which she never gets (except when I accidentally washed the nappies in regular detergent - ach!)
- bouts of serious irritability peppered with outright hysterics (that was in the middle of the night last night - fun!)
- refusal to eat almost everything - she ate a little bit of cheese, and a couple bites of apple mush
- we are still breastfeeding, and though she seems to be back on now, she was also refusing the breast for about 20 hours yesterday
- she also had some very mild rash/red specks on her feet
- she had a small bout of vomit, though I had also just struggled to get some tylenol into her and she may have just gagged on that (or so I keep telling myself). She never vomitted up any food or breastmilk.
A quick google search showed pretty much all of this to be somewhat common symptoms for erupting molars. This is what I am really hoping for, at least she'd have that pain behind her.
But here's the catch...dd's cousin (just shy of 1 yr - no MMR vax) - with whom she was playing and sharing chew toys etc. - had some very similar symptoms, but more severe and with rash all over his body (hands and feet) and a full day of vomitting. They took him to the doctor, who initially said strep throat (white sores in throat), and are waiting for bloodwork and at first were afraid he had measles. Now they are entertaining the idea of HFMD based on another cousins' experience. My dd's symptoms were never bad enough for me to take her into a doctor.
Anyway, just want to find out what others' experience is with these things. I mean we're in it either way, but I'd like to have a little more info.
New mom who left a life at sea for my DH, my "firstborn", 10-month old puppy Betsy - Lab/Border Collie mix - and my DD Amelia, born June 2 and growing like a weed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.