Four month old spitting up CONSTANTLY. Suggestions?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-06-2012, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I stopped pumping when baby was 3 months and he was on Alimentum formula at the time. He has always spit up but right before I stopped pumping he was almost never spitting up anymore. Once on the formula only he started spitting up more. After talking to the doctor I switched him to Soy formula because the Alimentum was so expensive we can barely afford it. He is allergic to the cows milk formula as far as we can tell ( he got a rash). Well..at first I thought it was okay..but now he is spitting up CONSTANTLY. I mean literally every few minutes. For the most part it doesn't seem to bother him accept when  a large amount comes up. It is a pain in the butt to constantly keep wiping him up.

He used to be on Zantac and I started it up again today to see if that helps..but I don't know if its the Soy formula or what. He has been having much thicker poop too and has a harder time going. I have been giving him some pear juice to help him go..maybe thats causing the issue? I am not sure what to try next at this point. I would go back to the Alimentum but I don't know if we can afford it ( and we don't qualify for WIC). Sigh..suggestions?? Maybe he is overeating..he has been wanting to eat like every two hours again and I give in because he is so fussy.

He is also much more cranky ALL the time it seems and fussing.Also does teething make spitting up worse maybe? He could be starting to teethe...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would guess soy intolerance. 50% of babies who can't have dairy also can't have soy. I have no experience with formula, so that is just my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

User Tag List