Another loose stool question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2012, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I asked the experts but wanted to hear others experience too so...

To keep it short. After I couldn't breastfeed we started DS on formula. He was on the Similac Advance and broke out with a rash and was super gassy. We started him on Alimentum and he did well. The Alimentum is so expensive and we are getting to the point we can't afford it anymore. We tried soy and he broke out with a terrible rash on his face and was spitting up every two minutes.He also was constipated.

I read a lot of good things about Good Start gentle and decided to try it.It has much better ingrediants then Alimentum and I really like that! We are doing half Good start and half Alimentum to ease him into it with the intent to increase it an ounce each week until the Good Start is all he gets. He has done great so far. He is spitting up much less and no rashes. The only issue is he has frequent loose stools and smelly more frequent gas. Today he has gone every time after every feeding. He doesn't seemed bothered by it and is happy as ever. Should I worry or could it just be him adjusting?

His poop is more like a breastfed baby...that thin seedy like stuff...only greenish brown ( which I read is common from the iron)..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

Seems like BF poo would be a good thing - but I'm not sure. Any mamas familiar with FFing have any help for this mama? 

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif

User Tag List