Nighttime Baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2012, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone else out there have a night time baby?

My 10 month old will take a nap at 1pm then again at 6pm and then goes to bed around 1am and wakes up around 11am  in fact his longest stretch of awake time is between 7pm and 1 am. I am a sahm so the schedule is not too bad and I really enjoy the calmer sillier time with him. It seems in the day there's chores and cooking plus I also work at home. As soon as 10pm rolls around its our personal super attention time. No working, no dad, no cleaning, no cooking. Just us and  books and toys. We brush our teeth and make coffee for the morning. We play and play. He seems to really really enjoy this time and even on days when we eliminate naps or wake up early he still insists on going to bed after midnight. I have tried sleep training him, setting a routine and so on. All i get is a super cranky baby until 1 am. I eventually gave up and decided a happy baby was easier then a cranky one. As much as everyone has an opinion about it I really enjoy our night times together he will babble at me for 20 minutes every night almost like he is telling me about his day. It is such a nice way to end the days. I feel like he holds out for this time too. In the day he is very patient and will play very well on his own and lets me get my stuff done. I feel like this is our trade. "Mom you do wha tyou have to in the day, we will catch up at night."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It sounds like you've figured out a way that works for you and your child. I would happily stick with a routine like that.

User Tag List