Tips to help 8 month old baby nap? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-22-2012, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
He likes the Ergo for naps but has not done longer then a 20 minute nap in MONTHS. He is tired all the time! He sleeps pretty well at night but how can I help him nap during the day? I wear him, sleep next to him, take him for drives and walks and it's never longer then a 20 min nap...if he sleeps at all.
#2 of 2 Old 10-23-2012, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Around 9 months DD started to need a naptime routine. Basically we had to recreate nighttime as much as possible: blackout drapes, white noise, stories.... everything except the bath. She turned out to be a morning napper and I had to start the routine 3 hours after she got up or she would be overtired and almost impossible to settle for a nap. Now she's 18 months old and the nap is still consistent but it did push back to 4 hours after she wakes up. I used to watch for tiredness signs to start the nap but the scheduled nap routine has resulted in more consistent sleep, so we stuck with that. Outside of summer, she sleeps in a sleepsack so she can't kick off blankets and that also helped her stay sleeping longer. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page