My hair won't stop falling out! (4 mo baby) - Mothering Forums
Life With a Baby > My hair won't stop falling out! (4 mo baby)
mamakitsune's Avatar mamakitsune 02:31 PM 10-26-2012

Seriously. I remember this happening last time (6 years ago), but it just doesn't want to stop! My baby is now almost 4 1/2 months old and my hair has been shedding constantly- sometimes a lot in the shower etc- and is thinning pretty bad :( ... I just don't recall it being so bad or lasting so long! Kind of worried it could mean something is wrong. Anyone have insight about this? Thanks!

phathui5's Avatar phathui5 06:28 PM 10-26-2012

I'm having the same thing happen. Ds will be five months next Thursday and it seems like my hair is all over the house.

Kaydove's Avatar Kaydove 07:47 PM 10-26-2012

My hair kept shedding until 6 or 7 months! last week I noticed all these baby hairs in the hair line and then on the top of my head, looks really weird. I think my hair fell out the most around 4 months. 

rainface's Avatar rainface 08:17 PM 10-26-2012
Yeah, I lost my hair until 7 months. Now, it's been 12 months and I basically have bangs from my hair growing back in. It's ridiculous.
mamakitsune's Avatar mamakitsune 12:03 AM 10-27-2012

I am starting to see the "bangs/ fuzz too... I think it's funny that babies lose their hair and grow in fuzz and so do moms...  Just wish it would stop, damnit.

montessorimama1's Avatar montessorimama1 08:53 PM 11-01-2012

I had long hair and started losing it around 4 mths pp, didn't stop for months until I cut it shoulder length and pretty much from one day to the next the loss decreased by half!

jennyyy's Avatar jennyyy 10:26 PM 11-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by montessorimama1 View Post

I had long hair and started losing it around 4 mths pp, didn't stop for months until I cut it shoulder length and pretty much from one day to the next the loss decreased by half!

really? I wonder why this is?! It's good to know but I look lame with shoulder length hair. I may try it anyways! I'm losing hair like crazy and baby is only 4 mos 2 weeks so who knows how much hair I will have left by 7 mos... 

Ruby2's Avatar Ruby2 05:52 AM 11-03-2012

I lostnhair like crazy too until just about 24 weeks pp.I had horrible bald spots at each temple and had to change my haircut to cover them! it's finally starting to grow back but I still won't be able to pull my hair back for a while...

I've heard different theories about why it happens, one regarding changing hormones and one regarding the body's reaction to extreme physical stress (hmmm...wonder what that could have been?wink1.gif)

mamazee's Avatar mamazee 02:32 PM 11-03-2012
You can always have your thyroid checked. My hair didn't stop falling out after my second child, and I ended up having a bad thyroid. Another thing to consider.
auntbea's Avatar auntbea 04:44 PM 11-03-2012

My hair started falling out suddenly at about four months PP. Like, leaving big enough piles for people to slip on. It stopped just as suddenly about a month later after I had my hair cut and thinned with the thinning shears.

Frioct3's Avatar Frioct3 02:36 PM 11-12-2012

I'm 5 months PP and my hair loss has just started to slow in the last week.

Up