sleeping problems - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-09-2013, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I really need an opinion..cause my DH is "do what you want" style. My DD is on the "i'm not sleeping" stage and i have a really hard time on putting her to sleep. I wanna buy a device that shows me how much did my DD sleep, if she is awake and all that stuff, do you think it would be helpful?

#2 of 9 Old 01-09-2013, 08:08 AM

I have never heard of that. How old is your daughter?
#3 of 9 Old 01-09-2013, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

she's 10 months, i heard that it's a sensor that activates if baby is awake and sends you on the phone that baby is awake, how much she slept, and all that kind of info...

#4 of 9 Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 AM

Ok. I don't get it, but if that would be information that would be helpful to you then go for it. I was always totally aware of how much or how little sleep my kids were getting at that age. I'm not quite understanding the need for the gadget. It is definately a common age for sleep issues with teething usually in full force, separation anxiety at its height, and major developmental milestones going on. Mine slept better after the one year mark but it was a gradual process.
#5 of 9 Old 01-09-2013, 04:25 PM

Hi im not sure what device you're talking about but I use an online site to keep a record of my dd's sleep.
Go.trixietracker.com
She has no schedule, never has, and is a horrible sleeper. But when I found this website (there are also some apps) it has really helped me out to discover similar patterns in her sleep and get a general idea how many hours she's awake during the day and how long she likes to sleep at night. It creates these graphs and charts using her statistics. Haha I know it sounds crazy but it's really been helpful to understand her sleep a little better bc it changes every week. Hope it' s helpful for you.smile.gif

Wife to dh_malesling.GIF ; Mama to A (M/C at 16wks 2011) angel1.gif and love-of-my-life DD M (BORN May 2012) luxlove.gif and S (M/C at 7wks June 2013) angel1.gif and rainbow1284.gif Rainbow Baby due in April 2014 3rdtri.gifjoy.gif
h20homebirth.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif
#6 of 9 Old 01-09-2013, 04:27 PM

Oh I should also say that you have to log in her sleep and awake times... it doesn't do it automatically like the device your describing. But I have it on my phone so it really isnt inconvenient.

Wife to dh_malesling.GIF ; Mama to A (M/C at 16wks 2011) angel1.gif and love-of-my-life DD M (BORN May 2012) luxlove.gif and S (M/C at 7wks June 2013) angel1.gif and rainbow1284.gif Rainbow Baby due in April 2014 3rdtri.gifjoy.gif
#7 of 9 Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 PM

My son is 10/11 months too and driving me crazy with his sleep issues. Just want to say you're not alone.
#8 of 9 Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Sounds like a big investment of time and money for what is likely brief phase...at-home PSG!  What will they think of next?  LOL

Bring back the old MDC
#9 of 9 Old 01-10-2013, 10:31 PM

Actually its not a big investment only $4 and I tried it for free fitst amd it really helped me see a pattern with my high needs baby that I wouldnt have been able to see otherwise. As for an investment in time, I keep the tab on my phone and I literally just push a button that says "awake" or "asleep" and it does all the rest so its really a matter of seconds. To each their own though, I never would have understood until I had my dd and I know she and I both happier bc of it. smile.gif I didnt want to force her into a schedule but I also wanted to get an idea (a general idea with her) of what her sleep is like so I could help make more peaceful days for her.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page