Baby clothes-how much? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I feel a bit silly asking this since I have two kids already but girls had SO many hand-me-downs that it was insane.  They have too many clothes and I feel like I am constantly trying to thin them out.  So we are having another baby in May and I am feel like I have enough clothes for the 0-3 months stage but I wonder a little if I am cutting it too short.  I try to do laundry every day to keep up on things but sometimes it's every other day or it's washed and dried but not put away.

Here is what I have:

4 footie jammies

2 one piece outfits

8 comfy outfits (onsies with knit pants or shorts)

a handful of those gowns with the elastic at the bottom ( I don't love them but I have them if we need clothes in pinch.)

I feel like that is just enough.  Maybe I need a package of onsies and another pair of footie jammies to round it out.  I am trying to have less stuff this time but is that too little?

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 11:37 AM

That sounds fine to me IF you have a baby who doesn't spit up a lot. If you have one who does, I think you end up needing/wanting so many more clothes. My DD did not and I found myself thinking I had way too many clothes too, but my nephew who spits up a lot after every feeding really needs a lot more.

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

Old 01-28-2013, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinalla View Post

That sounds fine to me IF you have a baby who doesn't spit up a lot. If you have one who does, I think you end up needing/wanting so many more clothes. My DD did not and I found myself thinking I had way too many clothes too, but my nephew who spits up a lot after every feeding really needs a lot more.

Exactly. My pukers could go through 4 outfits by 11am. And I don't change for a little bit of wet, these outfits would be drenched. Needless to say we had a lot of baby clothes and did a lot of laundry!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Haha, wishful thinking I guess.  Both of my DDs had reflux, so lots of nasty spit-up.  I am hoping being equipped with probiotics from the get-go will help but I should probably track down some more clothes for this little guy.  Thanks! 

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

User Tag List